Polly and Lazy John

Started by Gradir, Sat 22/10/2016 00:00:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Gradir

Hi guys!
I'm making a prologue of a fun-filled point-and-click adventure game set in a world of Pirates and Magic! Arr!
The resolution I went for is 1280x720 so pretty big... I figured out that eventual scaling-down is better than... well you can't scale up really
So... follow me on Twitter or Facebook if You want to get frequent updates on the progress!
https://twitter.com/Gradir_Gamedev
https://www.facebook.com/pollyandlazyjohn

I plan to release the prologue demo on 20th of November!
still, lots of work to do.

Here are some work-in-progress pics:

Darth Mandarb

Are these in game screen shots? Is this being made in AGS?
Thanks!

Gradir

Sure man :)

Look at the cursors!
I didn't have time to make proper ones yet! :P
Well, to be honest, there is a catch or two:
Only two first ones are actual screenshots from AGS, rest are levels in photoshop
Secondly, I'm experimenting with the palette, and really seem to like the mood which gives cutting down the colour number. I haven't decided yet but everything points me to this direction. The workflow for it would be painting it in RGB anyway, and then convert it, keeping the 32-bit alpha on png's.

The actual at the moment look of the graphics is kinda like this:

AnasAbdin

I love the look of this! Would love to learn more about the story too!
Looking forward to trying the demo ;-D

Stupot

Looking gorgeous, Gradir.

And the game looks pretty, too. Keep up the good work :-)

Fitz

This brings a lot of nostalgic feelings! When I got my first PC, my Windows 3.1 was set to 16 colors, so all hi-color/true-color images actually displayed like this. There is some charm to that -- and while it looks off in some places, in others the color transitions and neighboring blobs of color look absolutely stunning (especially in the last two pics).

Gradir

CaptainD

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr me hearties, 'tis a fine-looking vessel and the game looks more fun than apple-bobbin' in 140% proof grog, arrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk