Tapa tapa tapa?

Started by Radiant, Sat 22/10/2016 23:15:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

So, we had a thread last year about how the forums show popups for tapatalk when viewed on mobile, and AGA said he changed the settings to remove those. But I've been seeing them again recently whenever I open the site; is there some way to turn that off for me?

cat

Yes, please, this is so annoying!

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

I still get them about once every few weeks or so. Not as bad as it once was, though.

Radiant

Wow, I just realized that on my cellphone, tapa has started to generate popup messages to get me to download their app. Can somebody take a look please? Or is tapa actually our official sponsor now?

NickyNyce

I get this on my phone also. Seems to pop up every so often.

Stupot

I got one too. Usually it's a blue screen with a picture on it but this time it was just a little dialog box.

cat

Me as well. Can we please get rid of this?

Peder 🚀

How many people actually use the tapatalk app to view the forums?
Not sure it's worth keeping if only a couple people find it useful, and the rest are annoyed by the dialog popups or "splash screens" that keep showing when accessing it on mobile..

imo, wouldn't it be better to just get around to finally making a mobile friendly theme for the forums??

Radiant

Quote from: Peder on Wed 28/12/2016 09:57:24
How many people actually use the tapatalk app to view the forums?
Well it's basically this:

So I don't imagine many (or even any!) people using it.

Cassiebsg

I've seen one or two members that "use" it... since they're posts are always followed by "posted using tapa somethingcrap app"... so either they use it, or they have a trojan installed...

But I don't get why one would even need an app or a mobile "friendly" version. "Mobile friendly" versions always just annoy me, and I end up using a lot of effort to figure out how to turn it off, to find out that many times, you can't even do that! >:(

Stupot

Not really a forum problem, more of a bonus observation. I've just noticed ever since the recent incarnation of the Tapatalk pop-up I've also bee receiving emails in my spam folder from Tapatalk informing me about private messages (I already get normal notifications from the forum itself). I probably just need to unregister with them, from when I experimentally registered with them all that time ago.

Baron

At your age I had 43 movies under my belt, and I had to do it without tappa tappa tappa. :=

MiteWiseacreLives!

I tried downloading it once. It's totally useless, it adds nothing at all and just makes everything cumbersome

AGA

It's been disabled, so you people can quit your whinin'!

Danvzare

Quote from: AGA on Tue 17/01/2017 06:14:56
It's been disabled, so you people can quit your whinin'!
Yay! :-D

cat

Cassiebsg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk