Sniper and spotter serving the motherland

Started by Blondbraid, Fri 28/10/2016 20:34:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

I'm working on a new game, titled Sniper and Spotter serving the motherland!
This game is a sequel to my previous game,Sniper and Spotter being Patriotic, but it is a standalone story and my intention is that players shall be able to understand the story even if they haven't played the previous game.

The plot is rather straightforward.
The great patriotic war is raging and Olga, a sniper loyal to the motherland, and Ivan, her trusted spotter, have received an order to use the scorched earth tactic on a small soviet village before it falls into the hands of the axis. Their mission will be to destroy all resources and burn the village before the enemy gets a chance to destroy all resources and burn the village...

Gameplay-wise, this game will focus on exploring the village and sabotaging and destroying various parts of it while the battle between the Axis forces and the Red Army draws closer.
28 Oct 2016, 20:12 Screenshots so far:

Cassiebsg

Oh... I so want to play this game NOW!! (nod)
It's looking great and I just know it'll be a treat to play these two again. :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

Thank you thank you thank you!
I can't describe how happy to see more games from you AND about my favourite AGS characters (laugh)

the graphics are improving!

cat

Blondbraid

Thank you for your kind words all of you, it's great to se people interested in my game! ;-D
I haven't come very far yet, but I'm working on the graphics, as well as animations for the characters.
So far, a new animation of the commissar being woken up by something:

MiteWiseacreLives!

I think your art style is beautiful, but please revisit that smoke effect.. not up to your standards (looks like my standards  (laugh))

Danvzare

Awesome, great to see the sequel finally announced. :-D
And that animation looks great. Like Anas said, the graphics are improving. (nod)

CrashPL

Ivan and Olga are back? Aw yeah, not that's some great news right here. :D Definitely putting this one on my "can't wait to try it" list. :)

QuoteTheir mission will be to destroy all resources and burn the village before the enemy gets a chance to destroy all resources and burn the village...

That's actually a very realistic goal, considering the WWII times and the USSR general methods and tactics. ;) For the Motherland!

Blondbraid

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Sat 29/10/2016 07:30:22
I think your art style is beautiful, but please revisit that smoke effect.. not up to your standards (looks like my standards  (laugh))
I was trying to evoke the look of old low-budget eastern-European cartoons, but don't worry, it will look different in-game!
Quote from: Danvzare on Sat 29/10/2016 16:49:07
Awesome, great to see the sequel finally announced. :-D
And that animation looks great. Like Anas said, the graphics are improving. (nod)
Thank you, I'm happy to hear this!
Quote from: CrashPL on Mon 31/10/2016 08:13:12
Ivan and Olga are back? Aw yeah, not that's some great news right here. :D Definitely putting this one on my "can't wait to try it" list. :)

QuoteTheir mission will be to destroy all resources and burn the village before the enemy gets a chance to destroy all resources and burn the village...

That's actually a very realistic goal, considering the WWII times and the USSR general methods and tactics. ;) For the Motherland!
Great to see you excited for my game!
I did take a lot of inspiration from real warfare, but a lot of fictional heroes also tend to leave a trail of destruction in their wake. Olga and Ivan simply have to destroy all the things in their surroundings deliberately rather than incidentally.

Anyway, here is a new screenshot:

AnasAbdin

I love the ground so much! But I was kinda anticipating a speech line from the characters, always fun to listen to their conversations (laugh)

SilverSpook

Looking real spiffy man!  Hope to see more of this soon.

Blondbraid

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Mon 07/11/2016 03:59:52
I love the ground so much! But I was kinda anticipating a speech line from the characters, always fun to listen to their conversations (laugh)
Quote from: SilverSpook on Mon 07/11/2016 21:53:46
Looking real spiffy man!  Hope to see more of this soon.
Thank you both!

I haven't really given this project the time I wanted to this month, since I've been busy working on a MAGS game, Fallen soldier,
link: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54211.0
(some of the characters do show up in Sniper and spotter though! ;) )

Since that game is finished, I have taken up work on this game again, and made some new animations.
Here is a new animation I made of the commissar where I really wanted to show just really how much he cares for the well-being of his men:

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Blondbraid on Wed 30/11/2016 23:57:05
I haven't really given this project the time I wanted to this month

Please do give it much time now! ;-D

I shall call the commissar Mr. 0fg ;)

SilverSpook

Excellent!  And don't worry, MAGS takes a lot out of ya.

Cassiebsg

Aaaaaah... we all know how boring it is to be an officer in the middle of a war zone... (laugh) Oh wait... how boring it is when you can't pull your phone up and check something on the internet or play a game... (laugh)

- "yes... yes... go kill some Germans and leave me alone... I'm studying the inside of my eyebrows..." (laugh)

Blondbraid

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sun 04/12/2016 08:14:10
I shall call the commissar Mr. 0fg ;)
Why 0fg?
Quote from: SilverSpook on Sun 04/12/2016 08:45:17
Excellent!  And don't worry, MAGS takes a lot out of ya.
Thanks!
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 04/12/2016 08:46:43
Aaaaaah... we all know how boring it is to be an officer in the middle of a war zone... (laugh) Oh wait... how boring it is when you can't pull your phone up and check something on the internet or play a game... (laugh)

- "yes... yes... go kill some Germans and leave me alone... I'm studying the inside of my eyebrows..." (laugh)
(laugh) That line is hilarious, mind if I use it in the game? (laugh)

Cassiebsg

Sure, use it all you want. (nod)
Keep in mind though, that the last bit is actually a line I borrowed from Babylon 5. ;)

Blondbraid

I've done some more work on animations and programming since my last update, and here is a new screenshot
where Ivan spots a certain someone stealing most valuable resources from the red army:

Cassiebsg

Blondbraid

Hello and merry Christmas!
While I've been occupied the last few days, I'm now about to begin working on the game again. I estimate that about a third of the backgrounds for the game are completed,
but much work still remain on the graphics as well as the puzzles. I will add more screenshots in the next update.
I'd add a Christmas card or something, but the protagonists and subject matter of my game doesn't lend itself well to such themes...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk