Sniper and spotter serving the motherland

Started by Blondbraid, Fri 28/10/2016 20:34:41

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

How did I miss that hand stealing potatoes stuff! (laugh)
I have a proposition for you 8-) .. why don't you create short in-game sketches and upload them for us to watch? They don't need to be in the actual game. I'm saying that because I am getting teased by seeing the backgrounds and trying to imagine the situations and voices :~( (laugh)

I've seen many AGS projects based on cartoons and stuff, but your "Sniper and Spotter" characters are so alive and I never get tired of watching. I LOVE THEIR DIALOGS ;-D

Blondbraid

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 27/12/2016 03:57:49
How did I miss that hand stealing potatoes stuff! (laugh)
I have a proposition for you 8-) .. why don't you create short in-game sketches and upload them for us to watch? They don't need to be in the actual game. I'm saying that because I am getting teased by seeing the backgrounds and trying to imagine the situations and voices :~( (laugh)

I've seen many AGS projects based on cartoons and stuff, but your "Sniper and Spotter" characters are so alive and I never get tired of watching. I LOVE THEIR DIALOGS ;-D
It's Great to see your enthusiasm for this game, and while I haven't got any sketches just yet, here is an image of the Olga confronting the potato-thief in the previous screenshot:
Spoiler

The nature of this thief's apparent pregnancy will be revealed in the finished game. ;)
[close]

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 29/12/2016 21:13:16
WoooooWoooooW :-D
Spoiler

Maria! (laugh)
[close]
This character is probably the one I've spent the most time animating, and it's no small task for such a jittery character,
but the hardest part was probably getting this song out of my head afterwards. :)

SilverSpook

Pregnant thief!  Sounds like a fascinating character.  Can't say I've come across one before.

CrashPL

A pregnant thief? Hey, that's neat - but now your game definitely needs a morality system! :D

> Give her a small sack of potatoes (paragon +10)
> Just let her go (paragon +1)
> Arrest her (renegade +1)
> Shoot her on the spot (renegade +10)

Blondbraid

Quote from: SilverSpook on Mon 02/01/2017 06:10:26
Pregnant thief!  Sounds like a fascinating character.  Can't say I've come across one before.
Quote from: CrashPL on Tue 03/01/2017 10:59:44
A pregnant thief? Hey, that's neat - but now your game definitely needs a morality system! :D

> Give her a small sack of potatoes (paragon +10)
> Just let her go (paragon +1)
> Arrest her (renegade +1)
> Shoot her on the spot (renegade +10)

Glad to have piqued your interest!  ;-D
While the outcome of the encounter will be pretty limited (it has to be something both the protagonists can agree on after all), the player will have some choice on how threatening they want to be.

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond, but I have been a bit busy lately, part of that time has gone into working on a hidden-object type of mini-game for this game, which frankly, is kind of garbage. Sadly I could not see that it was a bug-ridden failure on a design, game play and artistic level until I've already built it. You know it's bad when even the one designing the game thinks a puzzle feels weird and out of place, so I decided to cut it.

But I do have some progress to show, and two new screenshots. Here you can see a little shed:

And here you can see the same little shed after Olga and Ivan has visited:
Spoiler
[close]

Cassiebsg

looks great. :D

Well, sometimes it's best to cut something if it's not working. Don't beat your self, knowing when to throw something in the trash bin, even after you spent so long to make it work, it's a good thing, not a bad one. ;)

Spoiler

ROFL!!!!!  (laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)
[close]

AnasAbdin

I love Olga and Ivan but I just don't want them to visit me anytime!  8-0
The background is very well made  (nod)
love the gray sky!

Danvzare

Cutting things is always a good idea. It shows you're polishing the game.

And that shed. (laugh)
They went a little overboard trying to get in I think.

Blondbraid

Thanks for the kind words everyone, and while I won't add any mini-games I do hope the puzzles will be enough gameplay for the game,
like I wrote in an earlier update, rather than have separate areas with different puzzles, this game will all take place in one village
where all tasks ties into one big task, hopefully without feeling underwhelming in comparison. I suppose I'm going for a structure similar to this fairytale.

Blondbraid

Seeing as it's Valentine's day, I thought it would be a good time to announce that in Sniper and spotter serving the motherland,
romantic sub-plots, flirtatious dialogue options and romantic side-quests...

...will not show up in the game.
Something I have spent time on implementing into the game however, is the ability for the player to seek clues from the commissar regarding the use of different inventory items,
my vision being that if the player needs a clue on how to use a certain item in the inventory, they can give it to the commissar and each item will lead to an unique answer.
At one point Ivan will even be able to ask the commissar to give him an item he needs to complete a puzzle, as seen in this screenshot below:

Happy Valentines day everyone!

AnasAbdin

LOL! The muscle soldier in the poster seems to have some wood  (laugh)

Happy Valentines day Blondie <3

Danvzare

Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 14/02/2017 22:50:08
Seeing as it's Valentine's day, I thought it would be a good time to announce that in Sniper and spotter serving the motherland,
romantic sub-plots, flirtatious dialogue options and romantic side-quests...

...will not show up in the game.
I don't know, the dialog in that picture sounded flirtatious to me. ;)

Blondbraid

I recently spent some time writing scripts and drawing new sprites,
and here I present the latest character to show up in the game:

Whether this creature or the commissar will provide the most
help for Olga and Ivan to solve their task is still a matter of debate.

Creamy

QuoteWhether this creature or the commissar will provide the most
help for Olga and Ivan to solve their task is still a matter of debate.
Cool. The only fictional goats I can think of are pests.

Cassiebsg

Looking good! Can't way to ask it for directions and help! (laugh)

AnasAbdin

This hungry goat better stay away from my gamedev log binder!
I like how smooth your animations are, how the back of the body slightly moves while the goat leans down and then back up.
Does 'this creature' have a name?  (laugh)

Blondbraid

Glad to see that you liked the goat!
Believe it or not, but the goat was animated with only 7 frames of animation:

I've also taken the time to animate a most exciting scene where Olga and Ivan makes a bridge explode...
...as seen from the perspective of a man being nowhere near it.

Cassiebsg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk