[SOLVED] Game screen too small after running game setup

Started by Gepard, Mon 31/10/2016 14:10:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Gepard

Hello everyone!

I was testing my game, resolution 320x240, testing in a window. All was good. Than, I've built the exe file, tested it again, no problem. Than I ran the game setup and since than the game window when testing is too small. It now is matching my desktop resolution, but it was much larger before. Is there a way to restore the original size of the window? Btw. the game is also too small when running fullscreen. Thanks!
Drink up me 'arties! Yo ho!

Crimson Wizard

Can you tell which version of AGS are you using, and which options did you choose in setup?

Also, I do not understand what you mean by saying that "It now is matching my desktop resolution, but it was much larger before". Do you mean game window was larger than your desktop?

Gepard

No, the game resolution in AGS was 320x240, my screen res is 1300x760 something. The testing window was more like 640x280 when compared to my PC res. Now the testing window takes 320x240 pixels on the desktop. Before it was twice the size. It's hard to explain. If you try it, should do the same thing on your PC. AGS 3.3.5.11.

Crimson Wizard

Well, which graphics filter did you choose in the setup window?

AnasAbdin

I had a similar issue.
I am using AGS 3.3.3 with 640àâ€"400àâ€"32

Everytime I run the project a window appears twice the resolution the game is set on. Even when I build the project and run it it opens full screen perfectly.

until I noticed that the audio volume slider doesn't work. So I ran the game's setup and changed the audio settings only. This caused the game to run in a 640àâ€"400 window. When I run full screen the game also runs 640àâ€"400 with black all around. This happened with the compiled game and also with running it in AGS.

I fixed the issue by running the game's setup from AGS file menu and select x2 filter.

Gepard

AnasAbdin, Crimson Wizard. Thank you! It was the filter. I chose the 2x filter and it works now. Thank you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk