MAGS November "Afterlife" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Tue 01/11/2016 00:26:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Trouble

I'm currently stuck in Psychopomp, and I'd like to finish it in order to give a fair vote. I made a post in the hints and tips forum about it.

Mandle

Woah.... WAY TO GO AGS COMMUNITY!!!

Most Popular This Week

Fallen soldier
(54 downloads)

Psychopomp
(44 downloads)

Maniac Mansion Deluxe
(43 downloads)

Graveyard
(43 downloads)

Three Guys Walk Into Heaven
(37 downloads)

This is the first time I've ever seen every MAGS entry in the most downloaded list, especially impressive considering that my entry went up less than 2 days ago!

Hopefully this also equates to a ton of voters!

Twirlly

I submitted my vote, but just wanted to thank the contributors to this months competition.

Blondbraid: graphically engaging with superb animations, both of which set the scene and heighten the action

Riaise: those pesky demons, great puzzles, and nice use of simple yet eloquent character animations to drive the story without dialog

Mandle: I applaud your quick game making skills, loved the joke, and can't wait to share it with someone

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Blondbraid

Thanks for the kind words, Twirlly!

I voted for Pychopomp, I liked the puzzles and characters,
but Mandle's game was fun too!

Dog Rat

Three nice different games. Here's a little feedback.

Fallen Soldier:
Spoiler
As usual, great artwork from Blondbraid. I liked the touching plot too, but the lack of puzzles was kind of a let down for me. Good overall work.
[close]

Psychopomp:
Spoiler
On the contrary side, graphics here are not that great (although better than anything I could do!) but it has some interesting puzzles going on. It wasn't an easy choice, but this one gets my vote.
[close]

Three Guys Walk Into Heaven:
Spoiler
:-D :-D :-D
[close]

Riaise

Thank you for the lovely comments, I really appreciate all the feedback! :)

Shadow1000

Ok, psychopomp got my vote. My comments are in a previous post and on the game page...

SHADOW

Cassiebsg

Three very nice entries. (nod)

Fallen Soldier:
Spoiler

Really awesome what you can do in a little month. (nod) Though the lack of puzzles, makes it feel more like an interactive novel than a game. But was nice to see Maria again. (laugh)
[close]

Psychopomp:
Spoiler

Yes, the graphics aren't that worthy of calling home, but in a simple game as this, it didn't bothered be that much. Except for that one almost pixel like hunting. :-\ But my fault for not looking properly. (roll) Maybe cause I was expecting to get the vase to collect the water... ;) A game with no chat? Refreshing! Not I did got stuck trying to give the torch to Phycopomp and not understanding why I couldn't that. Or why I was placing the torch on the table.
Still, in overall very nice game with interesting atmosphere, game play and puzzles. The music was spot on. (nod)
You got my vote. :)
Oh, I've spotted a number of small bugs (mostly to do with the wrong baseline), if you planning to fix them, I can PM them to you. But have a feeling you should know these already, since they are "in your face" all through the game.
[close]

Three Guys Walk Into Heaven:
Spoiler

Okay... Like some others around, I also knew a variation of that joke... only on "mine" it was the closet/wardrobe ;)
Still really nice entry... not really a game though. :P Maybe you could have written some variations of the joke and let the player choose the lines? ;)
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaesarCub

I really enjoyed playing all the entres ;-D

Fallen Soldier had a really nice story and was quite enjoyable.

Psychopomp was really nice to play, though I got a bit frustrated with the handling of the inventory until I got that I could not do things while holding stuff.

Three Guys Walk Into Heaven was fun, but I wished for some interaction in it.

Mandle

Quote from: CaesarCub on Wed 07/12/2016 23:47:10
Three Guys Walk Into Heaven was fun, but I wished for some interaction in it.

Hey! Do I come down there to where you work and knock the broom outta your hand?! (Oldschool standup comedian response to hecklers: No offense intended...And hopefully my MAGS entry this month will have a ton of interactivity, maybe too much even... I'll see what I can manage... )

Stupot

Two days left to vote, if you haven't already. And don't forget to rate and comment on the game pages :-)

Stupot

Voting has finished and the results are as follows:

• Three Guys Walk Into Heaven by Mandle - 0 votes
• Fallen Soldier by Blondbraid - 5 votes
• Psychopomp by Riaise - 7 votes

Well done Riaise. You will be contacted soon about choosing a topic for January.
Thanks to all the participants and voters.

Shadow1000

Congrats, Riaise!

Can't wait to see the January theme...

SHADOW

Blondbraid

Congratulations Riaise, it will be exciting to see what theme you pick! ;-D

Riaise

Wow, thank you so much to everyone who voted! And congratulations to Blondbraid, that was pretty close! And well done to Mandle, since it's the taking part that counts! ;-D

Really, though, I never thought I'd ever win a MAGs, so thank you al so much! :-D

CaesarCub

Congratulations Riaise! :-D

And thanks to everyone that participated :D

Mandle

Quote from: Riaise on Thu 15/12/2016 13:07:33
And well done to Mandle, since it's the taking part that counts! ;-D

Cheers, yeah my entry was just to avoid a one horse race at the time I started it, and also because I really love that joke. And also it was the first time I drew a walkcycle from scratch so YAY! for that...

Sorry that I never got to vote, but I had no time to play the other games... Time sucks...

Slasher

Well done Riaise and commiserations to the other entrants.

DBoyWheeler

Cassiebsg

Congrats! (nod)
Was a good game, you should be proud.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk