Trumpmageddon

Started by Stupot, Wed 09/11/2016 08:21:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Spoiler
[close]

Snarky

<mod hat>
Just to remind people that this is the General Discussion forum, and that there is a separate forum for memes and such. Use your words.
</mod hat>

Also, in general please place large images behind spoiler tags to avoid disrupting the reading flow of the thread.

Slasher

I don't know why some people make fun of this topic... This is more important than you know...

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 04/11/2020 23:16:33
I don't know why some people make fun of this topic... This is more important than you know...

So, if it's more important than we know, how do you know it's more important than we know? Where is this secret information?

Reiter

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 04/11/2020 23:16:33

I can only speak for myself, but humour is one of those things that makes our burdens lighter. This is jolly important, hence why it is of vital importance that you should be prepared to laugh at it.

Because truly, what else is there to do but laugh? This is a farce, and we are all in the boxes together and I imagine that I am not alone in feeling that it is rather dragging on by now and I want a change in scenery. It is, of course, a very important farce that will influence fates and decisions across the world, but a serious matter can stand some jeering and cackling. Frankly, it never deserved being too important to not be taken lightly. It was ridiculous five years ago, it remains so now, only the laughter comes with a more wry and bitter tone now than it did then.

But then, was it ever different? Some things are quite timeless.

Spoiler
[close]

(I do hope these words are enough to post a little picture in between)

To be frank and stern for a moment, I do hope this will be the end of it. I cannot say that Mr Biden strikes me as a particularly exciting candidate, but as long as he is the man to sweep up the china after the elephant bull, it will be quite alright. Meanwhile, Mr Trump may cultivate a less dangerous hobby, perhaps. Like television. We shall see. Lord willing, he will lose interest. The election is not over yet, of course, but I think we can allow ourselves to hope that it will not be as violent and disorderly as it was feared. Maybe.

Mandle

No idea where else to post this so here will do:

Okay, people have been saying so for a few months now, but I have finally started to believe it.
2020 might be some kind of weird alternate fictional universe.
Because right now I'm watching a new Jim Jarmusch film with Bill Murray, Adam Driver, Danny Glover, Steve Buscemi, Selena Gomez, Iggy Pop, and Tom Waits, and it's a super-gory zombie movie.
This does not seem possible to me in the real world.

Khris

Looks like Biden is going to win, and this is probably the least enthusiastic I've ever been about my preferred candidate winning.
The only positive thing about him is that he isn't famous for enabling people who will believe absolutely anything, no matter how stupid and obviously untrue.

Case in point: Sharpiegate. Just the absolute dumbest shit in a long string of dumb shit. If you had a nice day so far, don't google it.

Stupot

Must be a new #Sharpiegate. I remember #Sharpiegate as being when Trump randomly decided Hurricane Dorian was going to destroy Alabama even though none of the weather agencies said that, so he took matters into his own hands.

Stupot

Olleh19

I don't know if i'm alone thinking about this but Biden's age. Will he be the oldest president to ever rule the USA if he sits for 4years or even more? He will be over 80years old.
Recognise this. He might have slight dementia, or already have it cause of his old age. Same with Trump.
What is going on in the USA?
(laugh)

Furwerkstudio

Quote from: Olleh19 on Thu 05/11/2020 12:19:17
I don't know if i'm alone thinking about this but Biden's age. Will he be the oldest president to ever rule the USA if he sits for 4years or even more? He will be over 80years old.
Recognise this. He might have slight dementia, or already have it cause of his old age. Same with Trump.
What is going on in the USA?
(laugh)

Sad thing is most Americans are afraid of younger people, as in those who are in late Baby boomers, Generation X, Millennial, Doomers era and honestly think they do not have the "wisdom and experience" to handle running a country despite evidence of the contrary. A more cynical piece of me says it's the aging Yuppies/proto-yuppies/boomers/suburbanites squeezing every ounce of power of the situation and crashing everything before they HAVE to give up the reigns, but again that migh be too cynical.

LimpingFish

I have an overwhelming urge to punch my TV every time a Trump supporter says something stupid. Which, let's be honest, is 100% of the time. I'm really concerned I'll have a broken hand and no TV by the end of the week.  :(

It also doesn't help that the GOP is almost entirely comprised of smackable faces.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Cassiebsg

I have the perfect solution for you!
turn off the TV and play some free games right here in this forum.  (laugh)
It's not like we can do anything about it anyway.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Jack

It's the season finale of a four year soap opera.

Olleh19

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 05/11/2020 18:56:51
I have the perfect solution for you!
turn off the TV and play some free games right here in this forum.  (laugh)
It's not like we can do anything about it anyway.

Exactly, play some games. Avoid my game. Then you'll find yourself with a broken tv, and a broken computer monitor, perhaps.
(laugh) Or you'll get to laugh at the white house what happens behind closed doors. :)
I myself? I'm gonna play a Lucasarts title i've actually never played. Zakk Mckracken

TheFrighter

Did you know that the Proud Boys, pratically the white suprematist party and great fans of Trump, took their name by this Disney song?  8-0

US racist sometimes are weird...  (wtf)

_

KyriakosCH

I don't think the result will be in effect very soon. Recounts will take a while... Possibly more than a month.
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Snarky

Well, the result is not actually "in effect" until 20. January of next year. Before that, there are a number of formal steps that have to happen. The most important is that the Secretary of State in each state certifies the election result. The deadline for this varies by state, but is typically some time late in November. That's when the vote counts become "official." Most of the other steps are purely ceremonial, unless there's some major constitutional crisisâ€"which it doesn't look like there will be.

The result is going to be razor-thin in Georgia and Arizona, so they are almost certainly headed for recounts, which might in fact flip the outcome there. But in practice, the election will be called once it's clear that one of the candidates has won enough states by a clear enough margin to get to 270 electoral votes, and currently it looks like once all votes are counted, Biden will have won Pennsylvania by a big enough margin to put it out of reach for Trump, which means he doesn't have to rely on either of them. (The chance that a Wisconsin recount will change the outcome there is also negligible.)

The election result will probably be called today, once Biden passes Trump in the Pennsylvania count. I don't expect Trump to concede, but I think there'll be general agreement that Biden has won the election, even among Republicans (even as some rave about fraud), and he'll find himself isolated.

Monsieur OUXX

Ding
Dong

The witch is dead

HA HA HA

HO HO HO

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk