Mask of Shadows: Dark Army

Started by Slasher, Sun 04/12/2016 17:54:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

New title:

Mask of Shadows: Dark Army

This is very much in production and changes to the below images and video are subject to change. I apologize for recorder's cursor in video.

Story:
Micheal La Vonte has become the Mask of Shadows: a voodoo warrior who protects Liveside from threats crossing over from Deadside, after the voodoo priestess Mama Hetti bonded the Mask of Shadows to him.

Soon afterwards, Hettie has a prophetic dream that Legion is preparing to usher in the Apocalypse by claiming the Dark Souls, the immortal souls of damned warriors, and using them to create an immortal army and send it into Liveside.

Michael must travel to Deadside with the use of his dead brother's locket, which serves as a link between both worlds to destroy these evil souls before Legion can prepare his immortal army and begin the Apocalypse of Liveside.

Gameplay:
This game has a number of levels. Progress to higher levels as you destroy evil souls, gain power and voodoo magic. Return to previous levels to complete missions if necessary. Collect health, magic and power for you will need them especially when meeting Legion. Stop Legion from sending his Dark Soul army into Liveside and starting an Apocalypse!

Meet hideous Dark Soul warriors on your quest into Deadside.

Specs
This is a 95% keyboard controlled game using key shortcuts.
1280 x 720
32 bit colour
d3d

New Updated Video and Screenshots (Dec 28th)

[embed=700,450]http://youtu.be/x4XPSCp2K0M[/embed]

Danvzare

Slasher

Quote from: Danvzare on Sun 04/12/2016 18:22:00
Is that Spiderman? ???
Spiderman is red, isn't he?...  It's actually Shadow Man....

Cassiebsg

When red is in a dark place it "turns" black... so yeah, I had the exact same reaction as Danvzare. (laugh) So that side view looks exactly like spiderman to me. (laugh)

Anyway it's looking great, and you don't need luck to get this game finished, because you are you! ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Frodo

Looks brilliant Slasher.  Nice and spooky.   :cheesy:

Slasher

Thanks guys,

This game is quite a huge task to take on and one which has me on my toes and the adrenaline pumping.

Never one to frown at an opportunity to push my skills further I decided to make a different sort of game from the regular point and click... almost back to the glory days of Quake, Doom, Tomb Raider etc by having it keyboard controlled (95%).

Edging along shelves, shimmering across ropes, return to previous levels, solve issues/tasks to move on to the next scene/level etc etc are components of this game.

I anticipate 4/6 levels at around 14/18 scenes per level... plus a couple of very major scenes as well as a quite a few cutscenes.

So far I have around 20% of the game mechanics done and around 1.5% of the actual game done, so much to do that I doubt it will see the light of day before Summer 2017.

As usual I am working alone but if anyone wants to help this old boy out with stuff let me know (nod)

If this game can be made good enough than going commercial is an option....

Long live the Mask of Shadows.........

Danvzare

Quote from: slasher on Wed 07/12/2016 10:16:11
So far I have around 20% of the game mechanics done and around 1.5% of the actual game done, so much to do that I doubt it will see the light of day before Summer 2017.
Knowing you, it'll be done before Christmas. (laugh)

Also, I am 100% sure that's just Spiderman with a gun.
[imgzoom]http://orig02.deviantart.net/6cb3/f/2016/342/6/9/definitley_spiderman_by_danvzare-daqxnmc.png[/imgzoom]
The outfit matches perfectly! :-D

Slasher

Danvzare: You're just looking to get a Blue Peter Badge (laugh)

Danvzare

Quote from: slasher on Wed 07/12/2016 11:43:37
Danvzare: You're just looking to get a Blue Peter Badge (laugh)
At the very least I'm looking to get a Blue Peter Parker Badge. :P

Slasher

New title:

Mask of Shadows: Army of darkness

Mandle

Hmmmmmmm...to be honest I'm not really feeling the new title, mate, for two reasons:

1) It just reads weird to me to have both a main title and a subtitle both: "XXXXX of XXXXX". To me this looks like either could be the main title but the author couldn't make up their mind so mashed them together.

2) "Army Of Darkness" is already waaaaaay too famous a name and I think that many people who see it in a title will be expecting a connection to the "Evil Dead" movie series.

Maybe something like: "Mask Of Shadows: Darkness' Horde"?

Just my opinion of course. If you do go with your title though, remember to capitalize the "D" in "darkness" as well. ;)

Slasher

QuoteMaybe something like: "Mask Of Shadows: Darkness' Horde"?
Or Maybe something like: "Mask Of Shadows: Dark Army"?

Stupot

Quote from: slasher on Thu 22/12/2016 08:18:05
QuoteMaybe something like: "Mask Of Shadows: Darkness' Horde"?
Or Maybe something like: "Mask Of Shadows: Dark Army"?
Oooh, I like it.

Slasher

New updated video and screenshots in first post.

Level 1 completed.

DBoyWheeler

Shadow Man?  You mean the ninja Robot Master of Mega Man 3 is in this?!  (I keed!  I keed!)

And that Army of Darkness reference?  Groovy! (laugh)

Anyway, best of luck to you in this project.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk