Sledge Hammer! And the BlueMoon - Trailer!

Started by Ishmael, Mon 14/04/2003 19:35:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Ishmael

Ok... Becouse my first project, RaM, was cancelled (m0ds: if you're reading this: I couldn't write to the topic coz it was locked! Thaks alot AJA, you saved me the trouble of continueing with the game storyline... ;D The topic can be deleted, it can't be posted to, after all...  :()

So here's what I'm up to:

Sledge Hammer! And the BlueMoon - TRAILER[/b]
Trailer is avliable here. The Video file is so damn big and crappy coz it just became so damn big and crappy... I tried to make it small, and that seed to be the best I can do at the moment... I have intro and main menu ready and 2 rooms waiting for finishing. Allso a long storyline and the basic plot ready. I'll post images as soon as I get the first rooms ready and the demo story complete. (Might take a while, coz Sledge himself is still in state of draft (if you know what I mean) And: I just yesterday evening got the idea to add a plantpot to the lobby to be digged with something, so I got some extra work to do... Oops... Revealed plot... Damn me... ;D) Anyway: Hope no-one's angry with me... I seem to be very good in upsetting people...  :-[

THE PLOT
You play as Sledge Hammer, the most violent and stupid police officer in the history of television (or at least that they said in a Finnish TV show called "Uutisvuoto"). The story begins one peaceful tuesday morning when the museum manager call's the police that a very valuable diamond, the "BlueMoon", has been stolen, but no alarm devices were activated. There's no trace of any kind of brake-in, nor anything else criminal, only the glasscover of the diamond was broken and the glass pieces were taken. The case is given to Hammer to investigate, so you start of by seeing what is going on in the museum office. There you find a lot of clues, but nothing sure evidence.

THE DEMO
I will release the demo of this game as soon as possible (I allways say that). Maby during May?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

MrColossal

there are i think 8 people left on this earth that remember sledge hammer

and i remember it being a wonderful show that i loved...

only two seasons but it was so odd that i loved it

i'll check out your trailer soon

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Squinky

I remember Sledge Hammer....Didn't he keep his gun on a pillow?
Anyway, I'll be waiting for this game man...

Ishmael

Yeah, he had his .44 Magnum on a white satin pilow. The show is on TV here in Finland now. It's just so damn good program...

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Czar

Oh i remember i watched him when i was a kid, and now, last year they had the re-releasing (??) i remember the time when he caught the bullet with his teeth, also the guy who shot at him was full of cliches and then he said : Use the force Luke (or smthn like that), quit with the cliches and then....
Did i get too carried away ? ::)
:D
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Ishmael

In case someone is interested, I have the Sledge Hammer theme as .mid and .wav (MPEG layer 3 compressed... ;D) on my server (server... what damn server..), so if someone is interested in hearing it, click here. (It's the mid, coz I'm not sure if spreading an mp3 file is illegal... Think not, but just to make sure... I don't want Alan to sue me... Though it's a wav... damn I'm confused with this... better shut up...)

Ishmael

Ishmael

Ok.... some update: It's going to be a first peron game... like Death Gate was... anyone played? Was a great game... indeed... so, someone got an idea on how to get the direction compas to work? I haven't tried anything, but thought of many way, still none of the seem to work in theory... and... how to get the dialog system like DG had? Do I have to make a separate room for this? In case no-one remember DG, I'll go do some archeologic (how is that word written?) digging in my closet and see if I find the game, so I could get some screenshots...

Ishmael

Aye matey Darth (and any other moderator who might pass by)! I know your finger is iching on the "lock" -button, and here you got some work. I don't have the game files anymore (or if I do, they're hidden very deep) so this trhead might aswell be closed, I'll let a mod know if I ever return to this little contraption. :)

DinghyDog

The way *I* remember sledgehammer is a Peter gabriel song....

-DD
It's yer owld pal Dinghy Dog!!

n3tgraph

Sledge Hammer was an awesome series, I loved it when I was young!

Long time ago since I saw it, wouldn't know who the actor was or anything. Dirty Harry always reminds of it too somehow :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk