I Want Out!

Started by NicolaGs, Mon 05/12/2016 15:16:57

Previous topic - Next topic

NicolaGs

I updated the initial post with a newer video and progress... It keeps me focused on the project...
I'm currently working on a parallax scrolling script for the ending sequence... which works quite well now...

The game is nearly finished. The playing part is completed. The missing parts are character animations and the ending sequence, so it's entirely playable...

I'm considering asking for help to alpha/beta testers (whatever state it is, now) here on AGS forum. But, as I don't plan to make an english translation before it's finished, it would require french speaking testers... and I don't know if there are many here.
My first game : I Want Out!

AnasAbdin

Nice (nod) the walk cycle is cool too :)
Can't wait to see the effect in action!

Matti

This looks really nice! Good luck with the animations and testing, can't wait for the finished game (with english translation).

NicolaGs

Thanks !
Developement is slow, but we're still on it...
I'm currently working on animations... doing the first draft... And waiting my bro to improve them...
Using something high up...
Pushing something...
Throwing something...

LimboJimbo84

This looks pretty awesome... funnily enough I am new to the forums and have a similar story to tell in my upcoming game, so I am pretty captivated by what you are doing. Good luck with it :)

SilverSpook

Amazing animations! The pushing one looks particularly great. Must've took a while to get that much detail in there!

Surdy

Looks great! Keep up the good work :D

NicolaGs

NicolaGs

Hi!

A quick update on the project (first post updated as well).

The end is near : all we've got to do now is complete the end sequence and add minor character animations.
The game is now fully (and correctly, I hope) translated in english.

I made a preview for the english version:

And here are some new animations (I think my brother is becoming quite good at it):
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/DhQdN1i.gif[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/CyEj3an.gif[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/kSzaMFz.gif[/imgzoom]

I may ask for english beta testers help very soon (especially to check the english translation), if someone is interested... (I'll post in the apropriate thread, then).

Have a good day!

dactylopus

The game looks great, and the animations are excellent.  I love that you brothers are working together.  I'm always looking for ways to work with my brothers, as they are the best friends I've got.  Looking forward to the release!

Cassiebsg

It's looking awesome! Very impressed and looking forward to the release. (nod)
I'll just add that at this level of detail, I miss a shadow for the character. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just a small alpha-gray "bubble" under his feet so he "grounds" to the floor. (probably easy to add creating a character for the shadow and telling it to follow exactly. ;) ).

Anyway, keep up the great work. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

NicolaGs

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 25/10/2017 21:07:08
I miss a shadow for the character.
That's already on our to-do list (with many other things). Maybe we'll put it in a higher position...
But we have so many things in our to-do list that we chose to drop several ideas because we feared the game would never be finished. Instead, we agreed on a deadline... and we'll try to follow it :-D.

CyberUncleCat

H-holy cow how cool this looks.

I know i will sound like noob but is background a pixelart or hand drawn?

NicolaGs

Quote from: CyberUncleCat on Thu 26/10/2017 06:39:24
is background a pixelart or hand drawn?
It's a bit in-between, I guess, since it's all made with a computer but also with a pen tablet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk