Lost Answers (horror/thriller) (Windows & Linux)

Started by Gord10, Tue 27/12/2016 21:03:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Gord10

Lost Answers is a horror/thriller adventure game. It is inspired by David Lynch films (especially Lost Highway), but has an original story.

Story
"There was a dead guy lying in my apartment. He was shot with one bullet to the head. And my memory was all blank. Was I his murderer?

The police was after me, that made things much worse. While running from the police, I met a mysterious man. He told me that he will help me to find the answers. But he asked me to do something, first.

He wanted me to kill a harlequin called Hal. I'd find him in an abandoned manor at the desert.

I had to find that harlequin called Hal. I didn't want to murder anyone, but I didn't know what our confront would lead us. Maybe I was a cold-blooded killer and I didn't know yet?"

In the manor, you will confront some mysterious characters and your past with a sadist woman, Femme Fatale.

Development Story
This is actually the third chapter of an unfinished indie collaboration project. You don't need to play the previous games in order to enjoy Lost Answers. The first one is Where is He?, the second one is not released yet.

DOWNLOAD (Windows and Linux)
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

morganw

I was playing on Linux and the game got stuck, I think trying to pitch up audio that was no longer playing.
Spoiler
I'd killed Hal, looked in the mirror, went to the boarded up door (where the toys were now on the floor). The game locked up when I turned around and tried to go back down the stairs. I don't think any music was playing since I killed Hal. The cursor was stuck in the busy/wait state on the stairs, so I couldn't do anything but force the engine to close
[close]
I liked the bit I played though.

Mandle

Wow this looks amazing! Will give it a go very soon!

Dainipponjin

Love the tune that plays in the mansion. Sounds like a vatiation of one of the tracks from Takeshi Kitano's "Violent Cop" OST. :-D

Mehrdad

My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

Gord10

Thank you all!

@morganw:
I'm investigating it now. I will upload a new version when I fix it.

@Dainipponjin:
It's Gnossienne No. 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7harFCylWNQ
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Gord10

I updated the game, that bug is fixed. If you want to watch a video of what happens next, there is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjtPdYciI9Q  (yes, the game was released on itch.io a few months ago).
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

DBoyWheeler

Wow!  Just from the screenshots alone, this game shows how to push AGS' capabilities to its limits--and then some! 8-0

Good job getting this out.

morganw

I've played through the updated version, thank you for the quick fix. I'm quite intrigued by what could be in the other chapters.

BunnyShoggoth

Amazing stuff, a Lynchian point & click is my longtime pipe dream! I dig all these references, the "creepy man with the camera", video tapes, and "I like to remember things my own way" from Lost Highway, and the twin girls from Shining (the cockroaches are also hilarious :wink:). Could you tell me where is Femme Fatale's noir-ish music theme from?

It would have been awesome if you made each chapter of the game in a different visual/gameplay style: for instance, I would love to see a chapter in the style of 1990s classics, like Curse of Monkey Island or Broken Sword. BS1, in particular, has a couple of surreal characters (like the clown and the pixie on a red Ferrari) that could very well fit into a Lynch-esque story.

Gord10

Thank you!

The Femme Fatale music is composed by my friend, ÇaÃ,,Ÿlar Šžahin, for this game.

All other chapters are developed by different people and have different styles. https://talhakaya.itch.io/whereishe is the first game of the story. The second chapter is not released yet, but you might remember the cartoonish screen at the start of Lost Answers. Those were from the second game.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

BunnyShoggoth

Very interesting... And what will be the style of chapter 4?

Gord10

Honestly, I am not even sure if Chapter 4 will exist :( The status of our collaboration project got quite complicated. I might end the story with another game of mine, then it will probably be the same style.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Gord10

Games are art!
My horror game, Self

cat

That was weird and interesting. I liked how you progressed through the mansion and that you felt really there with being able to turn around and look behind you. I didn't like that I had to use tab for the inventory and the English could use some proofreading.

Spoiler
Is there a way to look behind that boarded door? Do the answers I give at the police make any difference?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk