MAGGIES 2016 (VOTING OVER)

Started by MAGS Host, Fri 06/01/2017 03:13:35

Previous topic - Next topic

MAGS Host

Voting is over | Please wait for the results | Thanks for voting
How to vote

1) Play as many games as you can (preferably all of them)
2) Decide on your top three games and assign them a position, 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
3) Send a PM with the subject 'MAGGIES' to the MAGS Host account.
Voting ends: February 15th

Points will be awarded to each title depending on the position you give them (1st = 5 points, 2nd = 3 points, 3rd = points).
The winner will be announced at the AGS Awards.

Click on the game titles to download each game (or download a .zip containing all the entries, courtesy of Gurok)

January
"Black Death"
Among Thorns
by Matt Frith
February
"RON 15th Anniversary"
Home Sweet RON
by DarkWater
March
"New Seasons"
A Sloth for Both Seasons
by CaptainD, Selmiak and Creamy
April
"Natural Disasters"
Toffee Trouble in Creamville
by Miez and Cat
May
"Jumpin' Jack Flash"
Out of Gas
by Cassiebsg
June
"Neglected Historical Eras"
Blackudder: To doubloon or not to doubloon
by Slasher
July
"Extinction"
GNRBLEX
by WHAM
August
"Distance No Object"
Monkeys to the Moon
by Crystal Shard
September
"Pure Evil"
Graveyard
by CaesarCub
October
"Genre Shift"
Sonic and friends in: Club House
by Slasher
November
"Afterlife"
Psychopomp
by Riaise
December
"Pickpocketing"
Pickpocket RPG
by Mandle

MAGS Host

Here are some statistics for 2016:

Most prolific MAGS participant in 2016: Mandle, with 5 entries.
Most successful MAGS participant in 2016: Slasher, with 2 winning entries.
Most prolific collaborator in 2016: Cat, with 3 collaborative entries (with Creamy, Miez and Raeff).

Best month for entries: January, with 6 [brilliant] entries.
Second best month for entries: May, August and September, with 5 entries apiece.
Worst month for entries: March, with 1 entry.

Total number of entries in 2016: 40
Average number of entries in 2016: 3.3

Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to hang onto voting stats, but turnout was usually in the region of about 12 votes per month. I'd love to see that rise for 2017 (nod)

Gurok

I have compiled all of the entries (Windows versions) into a single zip archive. Here it is, for everyone's convenience:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BxqtI5LnL9VYeGxGS19UVlNCOEk&export=download
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

MAGS Host

Quote from: Gurok on Fri 06/01/2017 04:16:40
I have compiled all of the entries (Windows versions) into a single zip archive. Here it is, for everyone's convenience:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BxqtI5LnL9VYeGxGS19UVlNCOEk&export=download
Thanks, Gurok. I considered that but I did it last year and only one person downloaded it (which might have been me, as a test).
Still, doesn't hurt to have the option. Cheers.

Danvzare

Wow, so many great games came out of MAGS this year. It's going to be some tough competition for everyone. :-D

CaptainD

Such an eclectic mix!  Awesome.

cat

Great games this year! It's really going to be hard to decide for which games to vote.

Two Tales

There's been some impressive entries this last year. Tough one... decisions, decisions :-\

MAGS Host

Voting Open

1) Play as many games as you can (preferably all of them)
2) Decide on your top three games and assign them a position, 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
3) Send a PM with the subject 'MAGGIES' to the MAGS Host account.
Voting ends: February 15th

Points will be awarded to each title depending on the position you give them (1st = 5 points, 2nd = 3 points, 3rd = points).
The winner will be announced at the AGS Awards.

MAGS Host

Two weeks to get your votes in, folks.

Stupot

One week left to get your votes in. Only a few people have voted so far so let's rally round and make it special.

Ponch

I'm trying, Stu! But that's a lot of games to play, man! :shocked:

cat

Voted! It was really hard to decide on only three games.

Mandle

Voted a while ago. Yeah it was tough... but in the end three games really stood out enough for me to be able to make the choice...

MAGS Host

A little less than 3 days left to vote, folks.
This will probably be the final reminder.
To specify: 23:59 GMT on February 15th is the last chance for MAGGIES votes.

MAGS Host

Voting is over | Please wait for the results | Thanks for voting
The winner will be announced as part of the AGS Awards, coming soon.
In the mean time, while we await the annoncenent, please take some time to rate and comment on some of the games. It's for a good cause.

Ponch

I didn't vote. I still had two more games to play. :sad:

Stupot

Ponch, if you get them in while my back is turned, I might not notice before I do the final count. :-*

I would give an official extension (I want more votes as much as anyone - turnout was shocking) but we should be focusing on the AGS Award nominees now. So lets call this weekend a 'grace period'. Any votes submitted before the end of Sunday, will be accepted.

Two Tales

I voted a while ago so I hope you received my PM okay.

Stupot

Quote from: Two Tales on Sat 18/02/2017 23:42:22
I voted a while ago so I hope you received my PM okay.
Yep. Don't worry. Thanks for your vote :-)

Ponch

WHAM

Goddammit! I really should read the forums more frequently, I completely missed this!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Cassiebsg

WHAM, you still in time!

Any votes submitted before the end of Sunday, will be accepted.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

WHAM

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 19/02/2017 11:10:41
WHAM, you still in time!

I'm getting home at about 8 or 9 PM tonight. Gonna be a hell of a crunch to play all the games I haven't played yet! :D
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Cassiebsg

Considering most take less than 30min, shouldn't be impossible... (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: WHAM on Sun 19/02/2017 11:35:17
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 19/02/2017 11:10:41
WHAM, you still in time!

I'm getting home at about 8 or 9 PM tonight. Gonna be a hell of a crunch to play all the games I haven't played yet! :D

If you have to stay up late just don't forget to set a morning call for someone to wake you up before they go-go...

Ponch

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 20/02/2017 00:23:40
If you have to stay up late just don't forget to set a morning call for someone to wake you up before they go-go...

Stupot

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the AGS Awards ceremony this year, so we'll need someone else to announce the MAGGIES winner. If you know you will be attending the awards and (preferably) aren't already presenting one and (preferably) have been involved in MAGS somehow in 2016, let me know via PM and you might get the honour.

Danvzare

I was really hoping to attend this year's AGS Awards ceremony. But recent events seem to be preventing me. :~(

cat

Would the presenter of MAGGIES please contact me via PM?

selmiak

Would the real Slim Shady please stand up!

Stupot

As you should hopefully be aware, the winner of MAGGIES 2016 was indeed Toffee Trouble in Creamville by Miez and Cat. with 46 points

Well done guys. You were well ahead with only a slight threat from 2nd place Among Thorns by Matt Frith. 3rd place was GNRBLEX by WHAM on 15 points, so those top two really dominated.

Thanks to everyone who made a game, or attempted to make a MAGS game, and to those who took the time to vote.

Apologies again for there almost not being a MAGGIES announcement in the ceremony.

Cassiebsg

Congrats to Toffee and the rest!

And Stupot, get a better alarm clock. (laugh);)

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 12/03/2017 07:33:57

But then I'm out of a job!!! :~(

cat

Thanks, Stupot! I'm glad that we managed to get the MAGGIES into the ceremony. Quite a percentage of the games made each year have their origin in MAGS - without it, what games should we play? MAGS deserves more attention and recognition (nod)

Can't you guys just move Japan to a better time zone?

Cassiebsg

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 12/03/2017 09:49:15
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 12/03/2017 07:33:57

But then I'm out of a job!!! :~(

Mandle, get a better alarm clock, so you can wake up Stu in time! (laugh)

Danvzare

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sun 12/03/2017 04:43:13
As you should hopefully be aware, the winner of MAGGIES 2016 was indeed Toffee Trouble in Creamville by Miez and Cat. with 46 points

Well done guys. You were well ahead with only a slight threat from 2nd place Among Thorns by Matt Frith. 3rd place was GNRBLEX by WHAM on 15 points, so those top two really dominated.
So that was the results. Thanks for posting here. :-D

Also, I'm so glad I managed to find a way to attend as well.

Riaise

Congratulations to Cat and Miez! :-D And well done to Matt Frith and WHAM for being runners up. All three games were really fantastic. ;-D

WHAM

Good show from all participants! I look forward to trying harder this year. Still hunting that first AGS award. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk