Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Quote from: Mordalles on Tue 25/04/2006 21:04:06
could somebody just give me the answer. i give up. i feel so dumb.  :'(

Spoiler

WHAT is your Quest?
[close]

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Ok, it's official, I'm terrible at this.

HOW do I put the fire out? Straight answer, please. All the hints in this thread weren't enough.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Fizzii

QuoteHOW do I put the fire out? Straight answer, please. All the hints in this thread weren't enough.

Spoiler
There's a pool of water in room 3. You need to fix that bug first, I think, though I can't remember for sure.
[close]

Spoiler
You can't use the fire ingame, but you can in the editor
[close]

Spoiler
Change the cursor to the fire, then go to room 3 in the editor, and click it on the pool
[close]

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Huh? But I did try that, time and time again. And I did it just now, and it didn't work. I've gotten cuppit to fix room 3, though if I read you right that wasn't strictly necessary for this puzzle; I've changed the cursor to the FIRE sprite (tried it with cursor WALKTO, INTERACT and USEINV, didn't see the point in trying more, the cursor looked like fire anyway); I've loaded room 3 in the editor; I've clicked on the pool, with the cursor resembling the fire. I've done it in "objects", "areas" and the other, first sub-setting in "Rooms". Nothing happens, nothing at all!

Kneel. Now.

Fizzii

My bad. I checked, and this works:

Spoiler
In the room editor, make a new object, and select the fire for the object. Put it in the pool and it will be extinguished
[close]

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Aaaaahhhhhh. Sneaky, and deliciously logical. For the life of me I don't think I've managed to solve any of these puzzles, but I truly admire them.

Kneel. Now.

Marion

Hi !
I have reached the questions asked by the blue cup in the 3rd room.
I found the first one, but I can't pass the 2nd.  I tried many answers given in this topic, I tried with the size of the file on my computer, nothing works.
Please help !

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

If you're playing the newest version, the numbers in this thread won't help you at all. Try just looking at the properties of your META.EXE file to see the size in bytes and then take the first 4- or 5-digits, and type them in.

Kneel. Now.

Marion

Thanks, I'll try :)

Radiant

This is probably the only AGS game that you can't solve if you have a virus on your computer :)

Spoiler

because it can infect the META.EXE file and make it larger; yes, that has happened, making META the first AGS-based virus-scanner
[close]

Spoiler

Cuppit asks for kilobytes; your computer may give the size in bytes. The game accepts both division-by-1000 and division-by-1024, as well as rounding the wrong way.
[close]

vivifizgig

Just for posterity, the divide by 1024 calculation, resulting in 9876, didn't work for me, but the divide by 1000, resulting in 10113, did. And apparently not the full quote is needed for the answer to the third. Just three words.

Radiant

According to my Windows version, it's 9877.

Renodox

I can't complete the game due to an error.  After using the "stuff pockets" debug command, trying to open the inventory causes the game to crash.  ACTUALLY crash, not something that's programmed in. I get this:

---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x0044A7AC ; program pointer is +6, ACI version 3.3.0.1162, gtags (2043,64)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and post the details on the AGS Technical Forum.

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.

Unable to create an error dump file. (code 3)
OK   

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Renodox on Thu 17/11/2016 09:49:36
I can't complete the game due to an error.  After using the "stuff pockets" debug command, trying to open the inventory causes the game to crash.  ACTUALLY crash, not something that's programmed in. I get this:
Was the game upgraded to version 3.3.0, or you are using newer engine to run it?
I recall there was a bug which caused old-style built-in inventory to crash, which was fixed in AGS 3.3.2, according to changelog. Try using latest version of the engine to run it.

Radiant

The bug has been noted, I'll see what I can do. And yes, META runs in 3.3.0.1162

Radiant

A new version has been released to fix this: https://radiant.itch.io/meta

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk