Coloring Ball: Tatooine Cantina (Winners announced)

Started by NickyNyce, Wed 18/01/2017 16:32:03

Previous topic - Next topic

NickyNyce

<< >>                                                         

***Very important Rule***
- Using this shape that came from a stormtrooper helmet, you must create something OTHER than an original stormtrooper helmet. A "NEW" version of the helmet is acceptable. I've added another slightly altered shape that you can choose from. Feel free to create ANYTHING you wish except for the original helmet.

THEME:   I entered the Cantina on Tatooine hoping that I didn't draw too much attention. I quickly found a seat and glanced around the bar to make sure nobody was staring at me. Every time I've come to the cantina, I always see new things and new faces. This time, I didn't see an original stormtrooper, but I did see this....

Rules:
- Fill in the shape. Gaps are accepted in the shape so long as the outline is intact.
- You may color the outline
- You may rotate and flip the shape.
- Filling in both shapes just might get you some extra votes, but only 1 is necessary.
- ***Deadline is February 4th.***

Gold trophy

Silver trophy

Bronze trophy

Participation trophy

Stupot

NickyNyce

Nice entry Stupot+

Beet Kopp would fit in perfectly at the cantina.

AnasAbdin

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/QIL348e.gif[/imgzoom]

I will rule the universe. But first I need beer... and a spaceship  >:(

Mandle

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Mon 23/01/2017 09:30:28
But first I need beer... and a spaceship  >:(

Being the cantina maybe the term: "I need a shot first" would be more appropriate?

AnasAbdin

For the cantina maybe, but not for HH King Nikochan.

Danvzare

[imgzoom]http://orig11.deviantart.net/61b7/f/2017/024/e/a/dizzy_by_danvzare-dawkz53.png[/imgzoom]
He's a little beaten up and bumpy in his old age. But he's still out adventuring! :-D

Tabata

One of the guests is a bit shy without his friends being around!
Nonetheless he is one of the early fearless adventurer - do you remember him and his friends?

[imgzoom]http://fs5.directupload.net/images/user/170125/nb7h8add.gif[/imgzoom]

Will he be able to get a beer?

Doing this one lasted veeery long (because I wasn't able to avoid playing)  (roll) 

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Ponch

Nice lemmings! :cheesy: Man, that brings back some sweet Amiga memories!

Anyhoo, here's my Cantina Alien. I wanted to do something like the Zando-Zan assassin from The Last Starfighter, but instead it turned into The Creature From The Black Lagoon. Oh well, I'm sure the CGI guys can fix it in post-produtcion. :cool:

NickyNyce

Just when I thought I didn't draw any attention to myself. I noticed 5 strange sets of eyes looking at me. My hand found its way to my laser on my hip, just in case one of these characters approached me.

Nice entries everyone.

Mandle

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 23/01/2017 10:20:49

Being the cantina maybe the term: "I need a shot first" would be more appropriate?

Did anyone get this reference? Just curious...

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 25/01/2017 13:52:28
Quote from: Mandle on Mon 23/01/2017 10:20:49

Did anyone get this reference? Just curious...

I'd assumed you were talking about the famous scene in A New Hope... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_shot_first

Stupot

Fuck. 1997. That means this year will mark the point where the Special Editions are older now than Star Wars was when the Special Editions were released. :shocked:

Cassiebsg

... bear like humanoid...

- Hey! Anyone seen my cousin around? He was suppose to be around... he's this big guy with brown hair that hasn't mastered the art of speech, the poor guy... Anyone? He's usually accompanied of his human by reasons that escape my comprehension. Really? No one?

[IMGzoom]http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww258/Cassiebsg/Misc/coloringballTatooine.png[/IMGzoom]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 25/01/2017 14:09:54
I'd assumed you were talking about the famous scene in A New Hope... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_shot_first

Phew... I'm glad I just looked like a guy making a bad joke, instead of a guy just being weird.

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 25/01/2017 22:19:09
Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 25/01/2017 14:09:54

Phew... I'm glad I just looked like a guy making a bad joke, instead of a guy just being weird.

The second part of that is just a given mate  (laugh)

Mandle

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 25/01/2017 22:19:09
No need to worry there, you'll always look like a weird guy making a bad joke no matter what you say. (laugh)
In all seriousness though, I'd be surprised if anyone here didn't get the "shot first" reference, with how prevalent it is on the internet.

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 24/01/2017 21:35:02
Oh man. I loved Dizzy as a kid. What a guy.
Same here. Some of my earliest gaming memories were of watching my dad playing Dizzy games on the Amiga, which no doubt plays a huge part in my love of the little guy.

kconan

No one knows it's name, but this creature hangs around the cantina listening intently for any secrets that could be sold to the Rebels, the Empire, and/or Jabba.

Hazel

The way he arrived at this place still being a mystery but he just wanted to chill out and get some new "friends".

Mandle

Quote from: Hazel on Sun 05/02/2017 01:13:13
Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 04/02/2017 08:01:39
Hazel! (laugh) (laugh) (laugh)
I had to, it was the perfect shape for him. (roll)

Totally! Who would have thought that Eric Cartman and a stormtrooper helmet had the same shape?!

NickyNyce

Being that I'm working and I have a super bowl party to attend later, I'm going to give this one more day until I can put all these characters together and start the voting.

Last chance to grab a storm trooper participation trophy!

NickyNyce

Time to vote

1st     3 points
2nd    2 points
3rd     1 point

I'm very sorry for not knowing how to post a Gif yet. I'm working on it. My photoshop was apparently only a trial version and that expired, so I have to fix that. I'm a terrible host, and I apologize! Please before voting, check out Tabata and AnasAbdin pictures in the thread because they are animated, and the still picture does not do them justice here.

Cassiebsg

Geez this is hard, they're all so good. (wtf)

1st Hazel
2nd Stupot
3rd Ponch

Apologizes to all I didn't vote for... :~(

Danvzare

Wow, a lot of entries this month.

1st - Cassiebsg
2nd - AnasAbdin
3rd - Hazel

This was a tough one. So many good ones, I especially liked the one Kconan made, for being the only one who used the shape on its side. But that Cartman just impressed me a tiny bit more with how perfectly he fitted the shape.

CaptainD

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 06/02/2017 16:56:36
Geez this is hard, they're all so good.

Agreed!

Um...

1st - Tabby (gotta love that lemming!)
2nd - Stupot+ (like the detail on this one)
3rd - Cassie (would love to see an Ewok hold their own in that cantina!)

But again, all really good entries.

Tabata

as it has been said already - those entries are all very good and deserve a win
sorry not to have the chance to vote for all of them 

1st Cassie - your cousin is such a super cute I'd like to cuddle 
2nd Hazel - cause you realized the perfect char for the shape and came up with it
3rd Anas - this grumpy little fellow came out very nice 

Stupot

1. AnasAbdin - because totes adorbs little grumpy dude
2. Danvzare - because first gaming addiction flashback
3. Cassiebsg - because cutely unnerving teddy

Ponch

1) Stupot (great level of detail)
2) Kconan (a very nice, alien design that wouldn't look out of place in the film)
3) AnasAbdin (adorably grumpy)
Honorable mentions to Cassiebsg. If that had been a daggit, you'd have had my vote. :=

Great work all around. It's always fun to see all the pictures people can find inside a simple shape.

Twirlly

1. AnaAbdin - I want to cheer up this grumpy looking yet cute guy.
2. Kconnan - This thing kinda creeped me out, which is good.
3. Danvzare - I'm apparently a sucker for cute... I mean look at those big bright eyes beckoning to be picked.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

AnasAbdin

1st: Stupot+ how did you pack so much details  8-0
2nd: tabata Lemmings!
3rd: Hazel   :=

Hazel

Is hard to choose just 3:

1st  Cassiebsg
2nd  AnasAbdin
3rd  Ponch

kconan

Riaise

NickyNyce

The winners are in...

With 17 points the 1st place trophy goes to..Cassiebsg     

With 14 points the 2nd place trophy goes to..Stupot+     

With 12 points the 3rd place trophy goes to..AnasAbdin   

The winners and all participants are welcome to pick up your participation trophy     

Congrats to all the winners! Cassiebsg you now have the honor of hosting the next coloring ball competition.

Cassiebsg

Oh dear! 8-0

Thanks all, didn't actually expected to win with so many awesome entries. (nod)

Seems like I need to think about something for the next one... :)

Stupot

Hazel

Ponch

Congrats to everyone, even those who got more votes than me. :=

kconan

AnasAbdin

Congrats Cassie! Can't wait to see your next competition!  :-D
And congrats to everyone for the awesome trophies. Thanks to all the voters  (nod)
and thanks NickyNyce for being a great host  ;-D

Danvzare

Cassiebsg

@AnasAbdin, good news! You don't need to wait, since I opened it yesterday... (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk