Fortnightly Writing Competition: Broken (Winners Announced)

Started by Ponch, Sun 29/01/2017 18:35:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: Baron on Thu 16/02/2017 04:27:14
Today was yesterday, Mandle!  ;)

Yeah, I know. Sorry... I was rushing yesterday to try and get three different things finished for the upcoming "Chronicle Of Innsmouth" game, and still only managed to get one finished. But...getting closer on the other two...

Anyways, I have a break from work in a few hours so will do my reading then and vote.

Stupot

Oh, two votes? Okay. It's gotta be Mandle and Blondbraid.

Mandle

I vote Blondbraid for this line alone even though the rest of the story is also wonderful: "Strange, how every time he thought he had lost everything, it always turned out that he had one more thing left to lose." Damn, that's good writing!

And I vote Baron for his amazing story and the abrupt shift in main character from the rider to the horse. That's incredible writing right there! I even had to go back and reread the paragraph to make sure I had understood what Baron had done with the direction of the story. Pure inspiration! Also, I always feel worse for animals in stories than humans when things go bad, so the feels-count was through the roof for me on this one.

Ponch

And the winners are...

First Place: Mandle

Second Place: Baron

Third Place: Blondbraid

And that does it for this round of the FWC. Personally, I feel that DboyWheeler getting snubbed was too bad. I really like his story. But that's democracy for you. :wink:

Thanks to everyone who participated and I turn it over to Mandle. :cheesy:

Danvzare

Congratulations Mandle, Baron, and Blondbraid.
A lot of entries this month, all of which were top notch. :grin:

kconan

Congrats to the winners!  You are going home with awesome trophies to show for it.

Mandle

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 17/02/2017 14:00:18
Personally, I feel that DboyWheeler getting snubbed was too bad. I really like his story.

I really liked it too! But you broke the third vote! I tried clicking on it so many times but nothing happened!

Thanks everyone for the honour of hosting the next round!

I'm thinking hard on the theme...

DBoyWheeler

Personally, I feel that DboyWheeler getting snubbed was too bad. I really like his story.

Yeah, I didn't expect to place at all... just thought the theme was an excuse to flex my mind.

Blondbraid

Congratulations Mandle and Baron! Both of your entries were great, and very touching, reads!

Myself I'm happy with third place. When I first posted my entry I was really unsure of it,
so I'm very happy to see tat some of you liked it.

Baron

Congrats Mandle!  A well deserved victory.

Personally, I feel that DboyWheeler getting snubbed was too bad. I really like his story. But that's democracy for you. :wink:

If only there were more votes to spread around....  (roll)  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk