MAGS February "As Time Goes By" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Wed 01/02/2017 01:19:37

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS February?

The Adventure of the Hero by Danvzare
4 (30.8%)
Memories Fade by Riaise
9 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Wed 15/03/2017 00:06:43

Nixxon

Ok I think I'm in, what a great theme.

A little proof of concept.

Blue2 - An Exercise in Time & Space.

Switch between two main characters (BlueX & BlueY) and two time-lines (40,000BC and 1995) with the click of a button.

Mandle

Nixxon that looks amazing!!!

And thanks guys for all the good words about the theme. I'm so glad now that I chose it over my other ideas! ;-D

Nixxon

Thanks Mandle!

A bit Moar!

Riaise

That sounds like an interesting concept, Nixxon! And it looks good, too! ;-D

Danvzare

I've been hard at work on this since the contest was announced.

The animation is hilariously bad. It's so bad, I'm actually torn between either fixing it later when I've done more of the game, or leaving as it is because of how funny it looks.
Also, I've just noticed how hard it is to read what the hero says with that text colour. I'll have to see about fixing that.

Cassiebsg

A good rule to have is to always choose light colours for the text, and dark for the border. Then you should be fine.

Love that animation! (laugh)(laugh) You right, it's hilarious! (laugh)(laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Funkpanzer

I started this weekend and convinced a friend to help me write some of the dialogue and text as most of the puzzles will involve reading and dialogue. You play an android with the ability to jump between two points in time as they attempt to rewrite the present (or future depending on how you look at it!). So far it's like a very confusing cross between 12 Monkeys and Edge of Tomorrow without any of the action sequences. :-D

Writing about time-travel is haaaaaard!

Mandle

@Danvzare: The funky animation looks so wonderful in the style of the graphics. Please keep it!

@Funkpanzer: The game sounds amazing and also looks jaw-droppingly stunning!

Nixxon

@Danvzare - That may very well be the greatest walk cycle in the history of man, ever. Even the up/down loop. :P Don't you dare change it.

@Funkpanzer - Wow, super GTA1/2 vibes. Very impressive!

xBRANEx

It looks like there will be great entries on this topic! I'm loving the art style of the Nixxon's and Funkpanzer's game!

Stupot

Some pleasing stuff here, folks. Keep it up.

Danvzare

Thanks everyone for the kind words. :-D

Funkpanzer, I'm loving that premise and artstyle. I can't wait to see how that game plays.

Riaise

Great work, Danvzare and Funkpanzer! Both games look like they'll be fun to play! ;-D

I am working on something, but there are absolutely no guarantees that it will get anywhere near finished. So don't get your hopes up. :P

Funkpanzer

Thanks guys!

@Nixxon - I love how much movement you've crammed into that colour palette.

@Danvzare - He looks like he's going to throw dice at any moment. It's perfect!

I love how disparate everyone's ideas and approaches are every MAGS.

Nixxon

Thanks funk, I couldn't help but add some more.

Mandle

Riaise

That looks fantastic, Nixxon!

I'm not sure if my game properly fits the theme, but I think it's close enough. The time periods aren't that far apart, relatively speaking, but they are distinct. Here's a teaser:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/JfZvll4.png[/imgzoom]

Danvzare

Another screenshot to commemorate me technically finishing the game.

[imgzoom]http://orig12.deviantart.net/bcbd/f/2017/048/8/d/the_adventure_of_the_hero_screenshot1_by_danvzare-dazdjhc.png[/imgzoom]

All of the puzzles, dialog, and graphics have been implemented. I've also sorted out all of the bugs I've found.
But there's plenty of time before the deadline, so I'm going to use that time to refine my entry.
Improve the graphics, make graphics for the interface, search for more bugs, and maybe even adding voice acting. :-D

Mandle

Looking great guys!

@Riaise: Looks great and concept sounds fine!

@Danvzare: Congratz on finishing your game! That's getting close to slasher-time!

Danvzare

The Adventure of the Hero

Click here to download.

A great hero has been sent on a quest to defeat an evil witch, but things soon go awry when a time portal into the future is opened up.

Join the hero as he defeats a witch, gives incredibly life changing career advice, makes alcohol, and saves all of time and space!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk