MAGS February "As Time Goes By" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Wed 01/02/2017 01:19:37

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS February?

The Adventure of the Hero by Danvzare
4 (30.8%)
Memories Fade by Riaise
9 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Wed 15/03/2017 00:06:43

Shadow1000

Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 23/02/2017 18:41:55
The Adventure of the Hero

Click here to download.

A great hero has been sent on a quest to defeat an evil witch, but things soon go awry when a time portal into the future is opened up.

Join the hero as he defeats a witch, gives incredibly life changing career advice, makes alcohol, and saves all of time and space!

I just completed this game. EXCELLENT entry.

- Fits the theme perfectly
- Graphics, music, sound effects are impressive for working under time constraints
- Well-designed and thought out puzzles.
- Voice acting BONUS!
-
Spoiler
multiple endings!
[close]
- lots of laughs

I really enjoyed this game. Amazing that it was done in such a short time. Best release for the February contest so far ;)

SHADOW

DBoyWheeler

So far so good on this.

Let's hope more join in this!

(sings) LET'S DOOO THE TIME WARP AGAAAAAIN!!!

(talks, softer voice) It's just a jump to the left...

Mandle

WOW! Well done getting what looks like a great game in so far ahead of the deadline!

How's everyone else going?

Stupot

Nice one Dan. That's at least one entry. Now, who is going to challenge him? Nixxon? Funk? Riaise? 4 days left. (nod)

Riaise

I'm done! Here is my entry: Memories Fade

Story:
Made for MAGS February 2017, with the theme "As Time Goes By". After the loss of his beloved wife, an old man seems to be forgetting her. With the help of an old photo, can his son remind him of the good times they once had?

Screenshots:

Details:

• Two-click interface: left-click to interact, right-click to examine
  • 320 x 180 resolution
  • Game Length: Short

Shadow1000

Quote from: Riaise on Sat 25/02/2017 10:44:04

Story:
Made for MAGS February 2017, with the theme "As Time Goes By". After the loss of his beloved wife, an old man seems to be forgetting her. With the help of an old photo, can his son remind him of the good times they once had?

Screenshots:

Details:

• Two-click interface: left-click to interact, right-click to examine
  • 320 x 180 resolution
  • Game Length: Short

Amazing entry! Very moving and thought provoking. Good puzzles. Well done!

SHADOW

Tabata

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 26/02/2017 05:11:21
Quote from: Riaise on Sat 25/02/2017 10:44:04

Amazing entry! Very moving and thought provoking. Good puzzles. Well done!

SHADOW
absolutely + 1
A touching story, nicely done
and with a lot to think about our own past, present ... and future ...

Riaise

Thank you both for the lovely comments! :-*

Stupot

Looks good Riaise. That's two entries, meaning we have a contest on our hands.

Anyone else? A little over 24 hours left (No extention this time, I'm afraid, guys. I'm quite busy for the next few days).

Nixxon? Funkpanzer? Where art thou?

Stupot

The competition has now ended and voting is underway.

The Adventure of the Hero by Danvzare
Memories Fade by Riaise

Click on the game title to download.

Voting

Please see the poll at the top of this thread.

Remember:
* try all the games before you vote
* vote only once
* vote for your favourite
* don't forget to leave a comment and rating on the AGS games database

Voting Ends: March 14th

Mandle

Awwwwww no cute aliens in their UFOs? :~(

I hope that game gets finished because I was soooo looking forward to it.

Now, to play the ones that did make it in... :)

Riaise

It's a shame that Nixxon and Funkpanzer didn't get their entries in. They both looked really interesting, and Nixxon seemed to be making good progress. At least I've got Danvzare's entry to play and enjoy! :)

Danvzare

Quote from: Riaise on Wed 01/03/2017 14:10:43
It's a shame that Nixxon and Funkpanzer didn't get their entries in. They both looked really interesting, and Nixxon seemed to be making good progress. At least I've got Danvzare's entry to play and enjoy! :)
Agreed, I was really looking forward to playing both of those games. Especially Nixxon's.
It looked like they were making good progress as well.

Ah well. At least we've got each other's games. :-D

Riaise

I've just played The Adventure of the Hero, and I really enjoyed it! The game is fun and the puzzles are very good. The voice acting is great, too (Whoosh! (laugh))! Really good work, I had a great time playing it!

Mandle

Creamy

(laugh)

Two nice entries in different genres. I'm a little stuck in the Adventure of the Hero but I don't want to resort to the hint section just yet.

The dad of Memories fade reminds me of my late grandfather. It's sad to think you can forget even people you love most.

Danvzare

I've just played Memories Fade, and what a lovely game it was. Kind of sad, but at the same time heartwarming.
And very nice presentation as well. I can see you put a lot more effort into your entry than I did with mine.

Mandle

Quote from: Creamy on Wed 01/03/2017 23:27:27
I'm a little stuck in the Adventure of the Hero but I don't want to resort to the hint section just yet.

Yeah, I got stuck for a while myself, and I imagine you are probably stuck at the same puzzle, but it's worth perservering because the solution is quite satisfying and clever!

Riaise

Thanks, Danvzare! :D I'm sure you put just as much effort into yours as I did with mine, it's just that the weakest point of my last MAGS entry were the graphics so I focused on that area a bit more this time around.

Mandle

Quote from: Creamy on Wed 01/03/2017 23:27:27
The dad of Memories fade reminds me of my late grandfather. It's sad to think you can forget even people you love most.

I've been fighting the urge to not play Memories Fade for a few days now...

My own dad faded away into senility years before he died to the point where it was a relief when he passed, moreso for him than us I would like to think...

So, this game presents a bit of a real world challenge for me...

I will play it tomorrow though, but I will probably cry my eyes out...

EDIT; I actually played Memories Fade just after I first posted this because I couldn't resist... WHAT AN AMAZING GAME!!!

But... So much torment in my soul right now on which to vote for... Memories Fade was so impacting on an emotional level as well as having great puzzles... But The Adventure Of The Hero was so much time-travelling fun and also had clever puzzles that tested you but never left you feeling cheated.

Arrrrgggghhhhhh!!! I'm being torn in two!!!!!

But... I'm going to have to vote for The Adventure Of The Hero despite the strengths of Memories Fade just because of the fun level I experienced...

Sorry....so sorry...such a hard choice...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk