Devochka Quest

Started by seaweed, Thu 02/02/2017 18:04:27

Previous topic - Next topic

seaweed

Devochka Quest

Hi everyone! We just finished our first adventure game made with AGS and glad to share it!

This is a story about a little girl who is preparing to celebrate the New Year. She will meet the fabulous animals and wonders. We drew up our game on paper, even animation, using watercolors. And of course we ourselves have composed music and played it on live instruments. You can hear the balalaika, garmoshka, glockenspiel.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2122/
Our inspired creativity here: youtube.com/cerginia

Buckethead

Wow drawn on paper? That is some dedication. Live music too? :shocked:

I'll try the game tomorrow. Looks great from what I can see on the screenshots

CaptainD

Congratulations on completing the project!  Looks like a lot of fun.

Shadow1000

I LOVE this game! I was a bit stuck at first but between the gorgeous art and the original music, I really didn`t care :)

Other than that, the non-verbal interactions and the clapping was a real twist.

Very well done.

SHADOW

Nixxon

Oh man, what a unique style! I'm looking forward to trying this :D

Danvzare

Wow, this graphical style is absolutely phenomenal.
It must have been difficult creating the watercolour pictures, and retaining the look of a watercolour picture while in-game.

seaweed

Quote from: Buckethead on Thu 02/02/2017 18:49:24
Wow drawn on paper? That is some dedication. Live music too? :shocked:
Buckethead:  :smiley: Yeah, we love the way how Sierra`s artists was making Space Quest and Kings Quest series. They used the acrylic and aerographic technics, so... aerographics it is difficult and expensive for now (for us:). We tried to use gouache, oil painting... but still the best results we have obtained with watercolors. And music :grin:... after NeverHood its not so easy to give up the live music in the game, especially for musicians.
Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 03/02/2017 12:25:11
Wow, this graphical style is absolutely phenomenal. It must have been difficult creating the watercolour pictures, and retaining the look of a watercolour picture while in-game.
Danvzare: Thank you for your kind words! :) for the one who loves the watercolor is not difficult, and even fun! :-D
Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 02/02/2017 18:51:35
Congratulations on completing the project!  Looks like a lot of fun.
CaptainD: Thanks, Captain! Yes it is! :P
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 03/02/2017 01:25:28
I LOVE this game! I was a bit stuck at first but between the gorgeous art and the original music, I really didn`t care :)
Other than that, the non-verbal interactions and the clapping was a real twist.
Very well done.
Shadow1000: Wow! :-D Thanks! Your words are very pleasant!
Quote from: Nixxon on Fri 03/02/2017 03:30:47
Oh man, what a unique style! I'm looking forward to trying this :D
Nixxon: Thank you!  :) We are waiting for your impressions!

Buckethead

I really like the game. The graphics really remind of a children's book, especially with the paintery look. The visual cues like the clapping and thought bubble are also great. I still feel like the game could have benefited from some sort of interface. For example, I'm unsure how to save the game at the moment and if there is an inventory. I'm stuck and it seems I have exhausted all the options. I'm propably missing something important. But don't worry I'll be posting in the hints forum and I'm sure I'll be playing the rest of the game soon. 

seaweed

Buckethead:  :smiley: Thanks! Well, yes. We didnt make save/load functions, because we thought that the game is too short and this functions will make very simple interface too heavy, as an inventory. :) We wanted it feel like playing in cartoon from childhood. :-D I guess i know where did you stuck  ;) There is a hint in little girl thoughts...

Chicky

Lovely game seaweed :) The art style works really well and the animations fit in nicely. Also CATS :-D I did have a little trouble working out where the room exits were at first, initially I didn't realise there were two exits in the first room.

Buckethead

I had the same problem as Chicky, I realize now that there are two exits in the first room. After that I finished that game pretty quickly. Very cute little game and great ending!

seaweed

Chicky: Thanks!  :) Yeah, cat characters are inspired by our black cat, who lives with us ;)

Buckethead: Ok, we will have it in mind. Glad that you've reached the end of the game :)

seaweed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk