[results] HOURGAME 11/2/2017

Started by Ibispi, Sun 05/02/2017 20:19:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Ibispi

The hourgame competition strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone can participate!

It lasts for an hour (and even longer if you don't manage to finish the game on time and your entry still counts)!

Make a game!

It doesn't matter if it sucks!

See you at the hourgame jam.  ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've decided upon the time being the next Saturday, 11th February 2017 at 15:00 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).

If anyone has any suggestions regarding the time of the competition or anything else, feel free to post in this thread and the suggestions will be taken into consideration (especially regarding the exact time of when the hourgame happens).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE: The voting is happening so you can find all the entries and their score here:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54416.msg636553174#msg636553174

Danvzare

I am definitely going to participate in this.

I've been waiting for another hourgame competition since I missed the last one. I can't wait. :-D

xBRANEx

Cassiebsg

So... does making a "hour game" entitle a link within the hour, or a compile time-stamp in the hour? (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Twirlly

Do these hour games have a topic, item/room to include, or are they a game about anything? I like to have something to jump start the ideas, especially with so little time to make a game.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Cassiebsg

Last hour game had a topic, given right at the start of the hour. ;)

Twirlly

Awesome, I'm in! Putting it on my calendar so I can get an alert else I'd likely forget. If nothing else I can laugh at the little I do accomplish in that hour and have the start to yet another unfinished game (laugh)

Ibispi

Just a reminder that the hourgame is today and will start in roughly 6 hours (15:00 gmt).

cat

Stupot

Ibispi

Quote from: cat on Sat 11/02/2017 09:29:10
I'm in!
yay!
Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 11/02/2017 14:22:12
I'm in...

...bed.

Have fun, guys.

...zzzzZZZ
Good night, stupot.

A reminder that the hourgame starts in 29 minutes.

Danvzare

You can count me in.
I'm just sitting here, waiting patiently for the theme to be announced. :)

Ibispi

The theme has been announced on IRC just a moment ago, it is: Sea

Good luck to everyone participating! May the blue cup be with you.  :-*

(if you dont finish your game in an hour it's ok, the hourgame ends in 2 hours, although you get extra starting points if you finish the game earlier)

Mandle

Wow, Danvzare that was a charming game!

43 minutes including upload and link... Well done!!!

Gurok

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/hX0Bci8.png[/imgzoom]

Dudey Dude's Mildly Underwater Adventure

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxqtI5LnL9VYSEVBczlXMGliZjA/view?usp=sharing

Sorry about the link. Might fix it later.

Also, sorry I was 5 mins over (not counting upload time).
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Mandle

Gurok I couldn't download from that link...

Firefox told me that "This file is not commonly downloaded"

Gurok

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 11/02/2017 16:13:50
Gurok I couldn't download from that link...

Firefox told me that "This file is not commonly downloaded"

Hi Mandle,

Try this link:

http://www.filedropper.com/ddmua

Edit: If you make it to the sea, you win. Didn't manage to put a win message in there.

Ponch

Ibispi

It's okay, Ponch, upload whatever you have completed, it doesn't have to be finished.  :)

Ponch

Made it! No time for a screenshot!

http://www.barnrunner.com/BR_HOUR_GAME.rar

EDIT: I was way too ambitious with my plan. I have a half-finished walkcycle, an unfinished intro screen, and a barely started ending movie. Sweet biscuits, I forgot how fast time flies with this contest. I thought OROW was intense! :=

cat

[imgzoom]http://www.clowdergames.com/games/hourgames/Cat_sea.png[/imgzoom]

http://www.clowdergames.com/games/hourgames/Cat_sea.zip

no menu, please use ctrl+q to exit

There is actually not much to do, just exploration. It took way too long to make the graphics and I still couldn't finish all I wanted.

Edit: added screenshot

Ponch

Cat: Very adorable. I like the water effect. Very cute. :smiley:
Danvzare: Arrr! Very Charming, matey!
Gurok: I'm ready to go snorkeling. Thank you for sharing the secret.
Ibispi: I survived!

Ibispi

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the hourgame has ended!!!!! Thanks everyone for participating, I'm gonna start the voting in a minute or so.

Ibispi

The voting process works this way:
every AGSer has the ability to vote;
every AGSer has 6 points they can spend on whomever they want, with a limit of maximum 3 points for one particular entry.

Danvzare starts with 3 points, because he completed the game before the 1st hour of the hourgame ended.
Gurok starts with 2 points, since he was a few minutes late.
Everyone else starts with 0 points.

Current standings:
Danvzare: 14
Gurok: 11
Cat: 12
Ponch: 6
Ibispi: 10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danvzare's Hourgame
Gurok's Dudey Dude's Mildly Underwater Adventure
Ponch's Barn Runner Hourgame
Cat's Sea
Ibispi's Hourgame

cat

Danvzare: 3 because pirates
Gurok: 2 for the awesome surfer dude
Ibispi: 1 for the tricky but awesome puzzle

Gurok

Cat: 2 pts. I loved the graphics, the cute interactions and the approach to design. I really like the fiddle-with-everything, make-stuff-happen subgenre.
Danvzare: 1pt. I thought this had the most coherent puzzle of all the hour games. The pirate walk was cute! The inventory combining was great, and given that you got this in before the 1 hour mark, I'm amazed.
Ponch: 1 pt. A great start, with some nice animation for the ship. A really different take on sea with that lava!
Ibispi: 2 pts. Awesome intro animation! I lost the first time. This was great and certainly the right difficulty level for an hour game. Beating the shark was really satisfying.

Ibispi

Cat: 2 points - cat deserves 2 points because she put a lot of effort into the graphics, her game is the prettiest out of all here.
Ponch: 2 points - ponch gets 2 points because of the nice looking spaceship
Danvzare: 1 point - danvzare's game has the most puzzles out of all the games, but since danvzare already has so many points I thought 1 would be enough
Gurok: 1 point - I was really disappointed with not seeing a game over screen so gurok gets only 1 point!

Ponch

Gurok: 2 pts. This game made me laugh.
Cat: 2 pts. I really liked the water effect and it was a nice "poke at everything" game.
Danvzare: 1 pt. I'm always up for a pirate tale.
Ibispi: 1 pt. That damn shark ate me twice before I figured out that I was supposed to hide in a cloud of puke. :=

Great contest, everyone, although I should probably be removed from the running. While the tiles are freely available on the net, and I drew the big cargo ship from scratch (although it's clearly based on a design I've used in games before), I wasn't able to get my damn car sprite finished in time, so I just imported an existing one from a previous game. I was pressed for time, having wasted too much of it on the wrong stuff. :tongue:

Danvzare

Cat: 2 points (Those graphics are awesome!)
Gurok: 2 points (Fun little puzzle.)
Ponch: 1 point (I didn't know how to land the car, but the interface looked brilliant.)
Ibispi 1 point (I couldn't figure out how to hide from the shark.)

Ibispi

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 11/02/2017 18:12:10
"That damn shark ate me twice before I figured out that I was supposed to hide in a cloud of puke. :="
It's supposed to be a starfish not a puke xD
...but I like this idea now more  :=

Ponch

Quote from: Danvzare on Sat 11/02/2017 20:00:39
Ponch: 1 point (I didn't know how to land the car, but the interface looked brilliant.)
As you can see, I'm going to fix that problem in the next build of the game! :wink:

HINT: Get the car more or less in that spot, and a message will pop up saying "PRESS SPACE TO LAND"

Quote from: Ibispi on Sat 11/02/2017 20:18:10
It's supposed to be a starfish not a puke xD
...but I like this idea now more  :=
Ha! I thought that was a purple plant or something. What I meant was that since the fish is sick, I was trying to get him to bob around near the top of the water so that he would puke, creating his own cloud of shark repellent. :wink:

Cassiebsg

I was trying to get him to bob around near the top of the water so that he would puke, creating his own cloud of shark repellent. :wink:

LOL, I tried that too... (nod) (laugh)

Anyway, to voting... hard one.

But...
Danvzare's Hourgame : 2 pts (Great puzzles, hilarious walkcycle and music! Not to mention the fastest entry.) (nod)
Gurok's Dudey Dude's Mildly Underwater Adventure : 1 pt (Nice puzzle and great character. :-D )
Cat's Sea : 2 pts (Love the graphics and light effect! Nice job)
Ibispi's Hourgame : 1 pt (Was fun to figure out how to win the game (laugh) ).
Ponch's Barn Runner Hourgame  : 0 pts (+1 point for excellency in avoiding the theme and -1 for making a game in 16bits. Never figured how to park the "ship" either and nor how to close the "gear GUI"... (roll) )

Ponch

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 11/02/2017 21:32:40
Ponch's Barn Runner Hourgame  : 0 pts (+1 point for excellency in avoiding the theme and -1 for making a game in 16bits. Never figured how to park the "ship" either and nor how to close the "gear GUI"... (roll) )
Avoiding the theme! Goodness, what an accusation! 8-0 I'll have you know that the Molten Sea has been established as part of the Barn Runner universe since 2004. (laugh)

Yeah, about the "gear" GUI, I built the game from my Barn Runner template to save time. I thought I switched off all the GUIs on room load, but I guess I missed one. Whoops. :-D

selmiak

2 danvzare - pirates, music, puzzles, story, arrrr
2 ibispi - for that shark talking view alone
2 ponch - because flying cars

Twirlly

O boy silly me I did the time difference wrong and added 5 hours instead of subtracting thinking this started at 8pm my time instead of 10am (laugh). Maybe next time, how often are these held? Anyway...

-My points-
Danvzare: 1 - pirates arrrrr great
Gurok: 1 - a cool surfer dude and a useful rock
Cat: 2 - wonderful graphics and good interactions
Ibispi: 2 - I loved the tricky yet simple puzzle

Ibispi

Quote from: Twirlly on Sat 11/02/2017 23:05:52
O boy silly me I did the time difference wrong and added 5 hours instead of subtracting thinking this started at 8pm my time instead of 10am (laugh). Maybe next time, how often are these held? Anyway...
I'm not certain when the next hourgame will happen... maybe at the beginning of the next month? Maybe earlier.
Hopefully, next time you won't miss it :p

Danvzare

Quote from: Twirlly on Sat 11/02/2017 23:05:52
Aww, now we'll never know what entry you would've come up with. :~(
Here's hoping you make it to the next one. :-D

Ibispi

The voting phase ends and here are the final standings.
1# Danvzare: 14
2# Cat: 12
3# Gurok: 11
4#Ibispi: 10
5# Ponch: 6

Congratulations, Danvzare on winning and completing your game on time! Also congratulations everyone else for making something in that short time frame, and I hope you enjoyed this hourgame. I hope to see you in the next one!  :-*

Danvzare

Yay! I won! :-D

Thanks Ibispi for the great contest.
And I'd like to congratulate everyone who participated. It's not easy making a game in such a short time frame, but it certainly is fun.

Also, there were some very fun entries this month.

Gurok

Congratulations, Danvzare! Thank you, Ibispi, for the well-run competition. This was great fun, and I look forward to the next one.

cat

Congratulations, Danvzare, for winning and for actually finishing within less than an hour.

I enjoyed this hourgame :-D

Ponch

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk