Walker (and mask on)

Started by jwalt, Fri 10/02/2017 02:18:33

Previous topic - Next topic

jwalt

Had a thought about another possible RoN game. Might need a Museum Guard. Based on Mr. Pickles, in a different suit/uniform. Five frames.

I realize the two sides views are going to be harder, since it's nonsymmetrical. Just goofing around, but open to comments. I know the hands usually grasp the sides of the walkers, but this was easier. Anyone familiar enough with the RoN Museum to know if they already have a guard?

AnasAbdin

You can benefit from walker a lot to show depth! When he lefts the walker try to draw it getting closer to the camera, and when he walks towards the walker, make it shrink a little. in your animation i see that the walker and his feet are on the same level all the time which makes him look like walking in place.

Side views won't be hard, you only have a pole on one side view to attach to the walker ;)

jwalt

Took a try at AnasAbdin's suggestion:

Also need something with an Egyptian mask installing itself on one of the character's heads:

Mandle

Walker animation looking awesome!

That mask animation gives me the heebies! So, good job!

Danvzare

There's something about that walker animation that just looks like he's stretching the walker out and making it wider. Maybe adding an extra pixel to the widths of the walker might help. :-\

As for the Egyptian mask, that thing is very creepy. So it's perfect. :-D

jwalt

Quote from: Danvzare on Sun 12/02/2017 12:52:38
There's something about that walker animation that just looks like he's stretching the walker out and making it wider. Maybe adding an extra pixel to the widths of the walker might help. :-\

As for the Egyptian mask, that thing is very creepy. So it's perfect. :-D

Tried the extra pixel route, and I didn't like the way that looked, either. I'll keep playing around with it. After the fact, I should say it finally dawned on me what AnasAbdin was driving at when he talked about the walker legs and his feet being at the same level. Just me, being dense.

Cassiebsg

Love the mask! (nod)

As for the walker, it's giving me the same effect that Danvzare, mentioned.

Maybe only add a pixel to each side, and make the legs of the walker go longer down when they hit the floor closer to the camera? ???
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Hobo

I agree with others, it looks like he's stretching it wider, not lifting it forwards. I think it's because the character sprite itself is basically the same for frames 2 and 3. The walker should get bigger when his hands (and possibly body) move forward.

A quick edit:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/kB7jJuN.gif[/imgzoom]
I deleted one frame and messed around with the walker size. Not much, but maybe it helps.

Thumbs up on the mask, looks good enough for me.

jwalt

Quote from: Hobo on Sun 12/02/2017 17:49:43

I deleted one frame and messed around with the walker size. Not much, but maybe it helps.

That one frame didn't really seem to be doing much of anything, so thanks! Been trying some things "in game:"

And this:

Not really a game. Just goofing around. Might become one.

Edit Feb 15, 2017:

Decided to try just the walker, alone:

Also, I needed an abandoned disco. Found a neat picture with Google. Fired Anim8or up to model. Rendered in Bryce. Screen shot from my nebulous game:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk