Some new rooms and stuff wip - like or not?

Started by KyriakosCH, Fri 10/02/2017 13:53:15

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

A couple of rooms, the current player (may be improved later on...) and text (generic, non-window, particularly would welcome suggestions for formatting there as well :D )

Game is horror, of course (laugh)

I wanted to have rooms look distinctly different, while keeping most of the camera angles intact...

And two more of the rooms (well, one more room and two more "rooms" that are zooming in on bits of other rooms)

Room with airshaft:

Painting in room1:

Airshaft zoom-in:

Adapted from one of the stories in my late 2015 book. Btw the body isn't a spoiler, given you start the game by watching that scene (investigating suicide) :)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

ThreeOhFour

One thing that seems odd is the way you have quite a bit of black space at the top of some of your compositions. This is particularly noticeable in "Room with airshaft", which seems to have nearly 1/3 of the scene taken up by plain, black void. These high camera angles make the perspectives seem very hard to read, especially with the presence of a character, and the preview out the window in this room looks plain wrong. If you're willing to experiment, lowering the camera angle would be an interesting idea.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk