The Movie Quote Game

Started by CaptainD, Mon 13/02/2017 13:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Didn't recognise your quote at first. Many great quotes in this film. :D

Jack

"So the 7 little dwarves had a limited partnership in a small mining operation. And one day a beautiful princess came to live with them. And they bartered housekeeping services for room and board, which was a real good deal for them because they didn't have to withhold social security or income tax or nothin', which you're really not supposed to do, you see, but for the purpose of the story, I think it's okay."

Jack

"Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the audience, I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you."
"Very good Louis. Short, but pointless."

Mandle

Okay, it's Ghostbusters 2. I should know.

Back in the 80s a friend gave another friend and I a book of free movie gift vouchers he stole from the theater when they fired him.

The tickets were only good for another 2 weeks and the only movie worth watching was Ghostbusters 2.

As we lived in a slum hotel with no TV or anything at the time we went and saw Ghostbusters 2 every night for 2 weeks.

(After the 10th or so time I came out of the theater and was semi-hallucinating the bad-vibe-slime coming up through a street grate.)

Next quote:

"Werewolves not swearwolves!"

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 28/08/2019 01:53:15
Okay, it's Ghostbusters 2. I should know.

Back in the 80s a friend gave another friend and I a book of free movie gift vouchers he stole from the theater when they fired him.

The tickets were only good for another 2 weeks and the only movie worth watching was Ghostbusters 2.

As we lived in a slum hotel with no TV or anything at the time we went and saw Ghostbusters 2 every night for 2 weeks.

(After the 10th or so time I came out of the theater and was semi-hallucinating the bad-vibe-slime coming up through a street grate.)

(laugh) (laugh)

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 28/08/2019 01:53:15
Next quote:

"Werewolves not swearwolves!"

What we do in the Shadows!

Mandle

Laura Hunt

"You will see me one more time if you do good. You will see me two more times if you do bad."

Mandle

Mulholland Drive!

(The cowboy)

(This is the girl.)

Mandle

I watched it for the first time only a few months ago... Well, actually... I got all the way through it for the first time only a few months ago...

And The Cowboy's scene is very memorable. Lynch does love his otherworldly characters who talk in a slightly off way just enough to make us feel they might not be exactly human and/or might have access to knowledge beyond normal humans. And I love that too. He should have been the one to make the movie of The Mothman Prophesies now that I think of it.

His daughter is no slouch either at making films too. Her movie Surveillance is a great suspense piece even if you could see dad's hand guiding hers quite a bit. In a way it's a fairly unknown "David Lynch" film or at least the closest Lynchesque film ever made.

Anyway, next quote:

"How do you feel?"
"Better."

I'm sure these lines have been used innocently in countless films, but in two films they have been used implying a deeper, more disturbing meaning, that the person has actually been improved somehow and is now "better" than a normal human being in some way(s). One of these instances is actually in the movie and the other is from an unused ending from the movie.

So, yeah, the answer is two movies but only guessing one is acceptable.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 28/08/2019 14:50:57
I watched it for the first time only a few months ago... Well, actually... I got all the way through it for the first time only a few months ago...

And The Cowboy's scene is very memorable. Lynch does love his otherworldly characters who talk in a slightly off way just enough to make us feel they might not be exactly human and/or might have access to knowledge beyond normal humans. And I love that too. He should have been the one to make the movie of The Mothman Prophesies now that I think of it.

Yes! One of my favourite scenes from him is the absolutely terrifying conversation with the Mystery Man in Lost Highway. The way he takes the camera and turns the scene from a lighthearted party to one of the most unsettling scenes ever in the history of cinema simply by zooming into the characters' faces and lowering the volume of the music and ambient sounds still gives me goosebumps every single time:

"We've met before, haven't we..."

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 28/08/2019 14:50:57His daughter is no slouch either at making films too. Her movie Surveillance is a great suspense piece even if you could see dad's hand guiding hers quite a bit. In a way it's a fairly unknown "David Lynch" film or at least the closest Lynchesque film ever made.

Surveillance is really good! I haven't watched anything else from her though, not even Boxing Helena (apparently it's really bad, so I've never felt like I was missing out on anything.)

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 28/08/2019 14:50:57
Anyway, next quote:

"How do you feel?"
"Better."

I'm sure these lines have been used innocently in countless films, but in two films they have been used implying a deeper, more disturbing meaning, that the person has actually been improved somehow and is now "better" than a normal human being in some way(s). One of these instances is actually in the movie and the other is from an unused ending from the movie.

So, yeah, the answer is two movies but only guessing one is acceptable.

Ehhh... Robocop... 2? It sounds so, so, so familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

Jack

Lynch's Dune is one of my favourites. It's not easy material to adapt. Many have tried.

I'll just guess: Superman? Pretty sure I have seen this film you describe.

Mandle

It's not any of those.

And yes, the party scene in Lost Highway is second only to the Diner scene in Mulholland Drive for jarring terror in everyday surroundings.

milkanannan

Mandle

milkanannan

Hmm...I'll try a few more:

One of the many Frankenstein movies (Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, etc)
Ghandhi

Mandle

Jack

milkanannan

Yeah we need a little more to work with here!

milkanannan

Is it The Royal Tenenbaums?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk