The Movie Quote Game

Started by CaptainD, Mon 13/02/2017 13:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Thought this would be a fun one to add to the "name the movie / game" threads...

Guess the movie from the quote(s).  Winner puts a new quote.  You know the drill.

I'll start with a movie I re-watched recently:

"Libations for everybody!"

dayowlron

Tron Legacy, that movie was pretty good.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

CaptainD

Quote from: dayowlron on Mon 13/02/2017 13:22:19
Tron Legacy, that movie was pretty good.

Yup.  I actually enjoy it more every time I see it.   Michael Sheen really hamming it up in that scene!

Your turn!

Mandle

Sounds like a fun forums game!!!

Maybe to speed up the game the solver can post their next quote if they are 100% sure their answer was right, instead of having to wait for the current host to confirm it?

Also: A strict "no-googling" rule of the actual goes without saying...

Much like the Guess The Movie thread the current host could give hints about the movie like year of release, actors' names, director, etc. and these could be googled to track down the quote but not the actual quote itself?

Not trying to hijack the thread or enforce my own rules, but perhaps these suggestions might help the game run smoothly I hope.

CaptainD

Yeah all good suggestions, and like the Guess the Movie thread, if one quote doesn't spark people's memories the current host can post further quotes.

Also yes, if people are absolutely certain they've got it right, they can just go ahead and post a new quote.

dayowlron

OK then I guess it is my turn.

We've ended up in a department run by some kind of Donald Trump-Mike Tyson mutant combo.

EDIT: with no guesses first clue. movie has a love story in it but it is total action in Hawaii.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

CaptainD

I dunno, that doesn't sound familiar at all.  Mars Attacks maybe?

Mandle

dayowlron

(wrong) but good guesses.

Most puzzles can be solved by finding the key words in a sentence. The key word in that one is the next to last one.
no recent guesses. Another quote from the same movie.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm late for lunch. Think I'll have a chicken burrito.

Kumpel

Kumpel

Or is it 50 First Dates?

dayowlron

(wrong)

OK, another quote from the same movie. this one is probably more helpful.
We are going to die. You're going to die, I'm going to die, we're all going to die... just not today.

Mandle

I would swear that's from Gladiator if not for the other hints. I'm guessing the character was deliberately quoting Gladiator?

dayowlron

(wrong)

EDIT: OK another quote.

Are you ready to play with the big boys?

Kumpel

The Trump Mike Tyson thingy confuses me. If this weren't in here, I would bet money on "Pearl Harbor"...

dayowlron

(wrong) but VERY VERY good guess. Maybe you should ignore that quote and guess from the other clues.

only one more quote I will do. After this just clues until someone guesses.

Yeah, Art of War, "fight the enemy where they aren't." After all these years, that finally just clicked.

Hazel

Mandle

dayowlron

no, but another good guess.
Mandle, you got it, was posting this while you were posting your answer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk