The Movie Quote Game

Started by CaptainD, Mon 13/02/2017 13:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Gribbler

Correct! It's Last Crusade.

Amayirot Akago

Actually, sir, after all these years, I just sort of go with it.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Danvzare

CaptainD

I'm almost tempted to guess at Rogue One...

Amayirot Akago

Nope, neither of those.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

dayowlron

I really doubt it is, but that sounds like something the Skipper would say on Gilligan's Island, but I am gonna guess something that may have had a lot of sequels.
Planet of the Apes?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Ben X

Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince! Harry says it to Dumbledore when they apparate to Slughorn's hiding place.

Ben X

I googled that one to check, and I'm definitely correct, so here's mine:

"You could trouble me for a nice warm glass of shut the hell up."

Probably quite easy, that one.

dayowlron

For some reason I keep seeing Owen Wilson saying that, but don't think that is right.
Was it in "Wedding Crashers?"
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Darth Mandarb

I believe that's Ben Stiller from Happy Gilmore?

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: Ben X on Thu 02/03/2017 19:20:13
Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince! Harry says it to Dumbledore when they apparate to Slughorn's hiding place.
You are correct, of course ;)

Darth Mandarb

Here is the next one...

"Well y'see... I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on here and a man would have to be some kind of fool to think we're alone in this universe."

Gribbler

dayowlron

I seem to remember something about hearing that. I would have guessed Independence Day except I seem to keep picturing someone like Kurt Russell saying those words. So I am gonna guess "Stargate"?

Darth Mandarb

Mandle

That sounds a lot like a broadcast from The Porkchop Express...

So...

Big Trouble In Little China?

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 03/03/2017 22:20:12Big Trouble In Little China?

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Such a great movie!

Mandle

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Fri 03/03/2017 23:37:19
Quote from: Mandle on Fri 03/03/2017 22:20:12Big Trouble In Little China?

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Such a great movie!

Awwwwww... I was gonna use the "check is in the mail" bit in this post...

And OMG...I only just noticed that dayowlron mentioned Kurt Russell in his post above! That's uncanny that you had the image of the actor saying the line correct without the context of knowing the movie exactly.

Also: TOTALLY AGREE about Big Trouble being an awesome movie. Pity it bombed like most of John Carpenter's films did (and pretty much anything with Kurt Russell did), but also not a pity in a way because it meant that John Carpenter never went A-List which would have totally spoiled his style IMO. And we wouldn't have all the cult classics we have today.

Okay next quote:

"Kill yourself, David, ..."

dayowlron

Could be a wide range with a short quote. I do know in An American Werewolf in London there is a quote of :
...Take your life, David. Kill yourself...

EDIT: looked up the full quote I was talking about:
The supernatural, the power of darkness â€" it's all true. The undead surround me. Have you ever talked to a corpse? It's boring! I'm lonely! Take your life, David. Kill yourself... before you kill others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk