Previous topic - Next topic

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Darth Mandarb

I have narrowed my guess down to three selections:

Two Weeks Notice
Miss Congeniality
Maid in Manhattan

I'm leaning towards Maid in Manhattan...

dayowlron

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 03/04/2017 19:58:11
Maid in Manhattan[/i]

You were leaning in the right direction. It is indeed Maid in Manhattan.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Darth Mandarb

Yeah I thought that was it! I remember that movie only vaguely but I looked it up (after guessing) and the pieces fell into place.

Here's the next:

"Do you think we choose the times into which we are born? Or do we fit the times we are born into?"

Mandle

Danvzare

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button?

Mandle

Darth Mandarb

No to all!

I went to check to make sure it wasn't in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and couldn't find it... if it was in that movie I am willing to give it to Danvzare though!

A hint;

The quote I posted is the type of quote (historical) that it is possible it might be in other movies.

dayowlron

I am not going to guess because I am not sure of the movie, but I do know of a famous person that said that for real. Perhaps they were quoting it from that person in the movie?

Actually take that back. looked it up and even though he is credited with saying it he never really did according to the website i found.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Darth Mandarb

dayowlron knows the answer :)

Here's the next quote:

"A compass, I learned when I was surveying, it'll... it'll point you True North from where you're standing, but it's got no advice about the swamps and deserts and chasms that you'll encounter along the way. If in pursuit of your destination, you plunge ahead, heedless of obstacles, and achieve nothing more than to sink in a swamp... What's the use of knowing True North?"

Cassiebsg

Terminator?
Donnie Darko?
The Butterfly Effect?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Darth Mandarb

No, no, no and no.

Mandle is on the right track though </hint>

Mandle

The Aviator?
W? (The George Bush Jr. Story)

Darth Mandarb

Nope x2!

Another hint:

By "on the right track" I meant that There Will Be Blood and my quoted movie share an actor in common!

Mandle

Darth Mandarb

Not Moby Dick!

Here's another quote that should give it away!

"With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations."

Mandle

Darth Mandarb

Not a bad guess but went back in time a little too far (another hint)!

Darth Mandarb

Here's another quote:

"Liberality all around. No punishment, I don't want that. And the leaders - Jeff and the rest of 'em - if they escape, leave the country while my back's turned, that wouldn't upset me none. When peace comes it mustn't just be hangings."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk