The Movie Quote Game

Started by CaptainD, Mon 13/02/2017 13:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben X

"Cheddar! Owwww! Cheddar Whiz-age!"

Danvzare

Ben X

No, but it is animated and does involve dog characters!

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Ben X

No, it's almost 20 years older than that, and 2D.

"It's Dork and Dork Junior!"

Mandle

dayowlron

Dumb and Dumber came out about that time
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

The Aristocats?
Lady & The Tramp? (1 or 2)

Ben X

Quote from: dayowlron on Tue 18/04/2017 03:01:21
Dumb and Dumber came out about that time

...and yet it was not an animated dog movie.

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 18/04/2017 05:38:37
The Aristocats?
Lady & The Tramp? (1 or 2)

More than 20 years before Sherman And Peabody. However, it is the correct animation company.

The Perfect Cast. My dad taught it to me when I was about your age. Okay now, watch carefully. You gotta be loose, relaxed. Keep your feet apart. Now, ten o'clock, two o'clock, quarter to three, tour jeté, twist, over, pas de deux, I'm a little teapot, then the wind-up... and let 'er fly!

Mandle

Oh....It must be then:

The Goofy Movie!

(But are Goofy and his nephew actually confirmed dogs?)

Ben X

Incorrect, it is A Goofy Movie. But gawsh, I'll let ya have it!

And I know the Stand By Me scene but yes they are dogs. Just because Pluto exists doesn't mean Goofy isn't a dog - plenty of lower mice, ducks etc exist in that world too! (Also, Max is Goofy's son, not nephew.)

I wholeheartedly recommend this movie, it's a little-known gem.

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Tue 18/04/2017 19:25:26
And I know the Stand By Me scene but yes they are dogs. Just because Pluto exists doesn't mean Goofy isn't a dog - plenty of lower mice, ducks etc exist in that world too!

I've just never thought of Goofy as a dog, I guess... He's just a...Goofy. Kinda the same way I've never thought of Gonzo as any specific kind of animal.

Anyway, this one should be instantly recognizable:

"What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

dayowlron

I know I have heard that one.

I would guess Stripes but I did that one a while back.
Ferris Buellers Day Off?
American Graffiti?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Amayirot Akago

That's definitely Animal House ;)

"Germans?"
"Forget it, he's rolling."
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mandle

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 19/04/2017 01:47:32
Kinda the same way I've never thought of Gonzo as any specific kind of animal.
I always thought Gonzo was a fly... or a mosquito.

Amayirot Akago

I'm for Genaro's, but then, what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off of fish.

CaptainD

Ben X

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Wed 19/04/2017 15:37:30
I'm for Genaro's, but then, what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off of fish.

I think it's Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and the Native American Joe Pesci agrees with me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk