The Movie Quote Game

Started by CaptainD, Mon 13/02/2017 13:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Ben X

Sorry for the delay. No, it's not a superhero movie.

"Kingi you wanker
You arsehole I hate you heaps
Please die soon in pain"

Kumpel

Sounds like "Misfits - The original Cast returns for this one and only awesome movie".

Danvzare

Ben X

Kingi isn't the kind of name you'd typically expect to hear in UK stuff like those.
Also, as the strong link to previous isn't Marvel or superheroes, what could it be?
And does anyone remember watching a film where they come up with haikus?

Ben X

Seriously, two of those are big clues even if you haven't seen the film. Here's another quote anyway:

"Come on, have some breakfast, then you can run away."

Stupot

You say the name 'Kingi' is a clue that it might not be a UK thing, but 'wanker' is a very British insult.  So my guess is somewhere else they say 'wanker' like Australia or New Zealand, (maybe South Africa?). Definitely not America, unless they're doing a poor impression of a Brit or Aussie.

Stupot

Quote from: Ben X on Thu 21/12/2017 16:21:11
Quote from: Stupot on Wed 20/12/2017 23:28:24
New Zealand

That's the right track!
Boom. Unfortunately, I don't know many Kiwi films outside Peter Jackson's back catalogue... I'm pretty sure it's not Lord of the Rings, somehow. And I know Bad Taste almost word for word. It's not that.

lorenzo

That film with Sam Neill and the kid hiding in the woods? (this description makes it sound like Jurassic Park (laugh))
I can't remember the title right now. The hunt for... something?

Ben X

It's from New Zealand and has a strong connection to Thor Ragnarok, I would have thought that would be enough even without all the quotes! Thankfully Lorenzo has provided some massive extra clues...

Quintaros

The Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

Ben X

Correct, it's Hunt for the Wilderpeople! The director of that film, Taika Waititi, not only directed Thor 3 but also played the character that delivered the "Piss off, ghost!" quote. I recommend both films, along with two more of his, What We Do In The Shadows and Eagle Vs Shark.

Quintaros

Yeah good movie.  I was about an hour into it before I even recognized Sam Neil.

Next quote:
"Next time, Chiefy, you just ask me which rope to pull."

Mouth for war

mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Quintaros

Correct.  I knew someone would eventually recognize this.

Mouth for war

Don't check this thread very often but immediately when I saw that I just felt JAWS :-D ok another one coming right up. Should be quite easy.

"We just cut up our girlfriend with a chainsaw. Does that sound...fine?"

Mouth for war

Mandle

OMG one of my favorite movies of all time and I didn't check the thread?!

Well, that ain't...

Groovy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk