The Movie Quote Game

Started by CaptainD, Mon 13/02/2017 13:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben X

Hmmm, key + presumably bald actor + Halloween = that Billy Zane Tales From The Crypt movie that I never saw? Demon Knight, was it?

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Fri 18/10/2019 19:36:44
Hmmm, key + presumably bald actor + Halloween = that Billy Zane Tales From The Crypt movie that I never saw? Demon Knight, was it?

That is correct! And I highly recommend for any horror fan to see this movie if they haven't!

I'd never seen it until a few days ago and now I wonder how I ever got by without it! Not only is it perhaps the most '80s '80s movie ever made, Billy Zane is freakin' hilarious in it!

Anyway, over to you!

Ben X

"You can't put the Superman number 77s with the 200s. They haven't even discovered red kryptonite yet."

Ben X

Nope, it's not a Kevin Smith movie.

Mandle

The Lost Boys?

(I believe Corey Haimes is complaining to the Frog Brothers about how disorganized their comic book store is?)

milkanannan

Tower Records? or High Fidelity?

Ben X

Mandle got it! It was indeed Lost Boys.

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sat 19/10/2019 20:33:01

I should hope so! I've seen that movie like 50 times. (The buff dude playing the sax just happened to be playing with his band on the beach so they asked them to be in the movie.)

Okay next quote (I couldn't find the exact quote online but here's how I remember it. Should be pretty close.)

"What are you doing?"
"Making holy water."
"I thought only a priest could do that."
"I am a priest."
"You became a priest?"
"Yeah, I went online to the church's site, paid the five bucks, and clicked the "ORDAIN ME" button."
"And that works?!"
"Never had any problems."

Ben X

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 20/10/2019 03:33:47
(The buff dude playing the sax just happened to be playing with his band on the beach so they asked them to be in the movie.)

Sorry to debunk a fun story, but that's not true. Check out this interview (around 13:54 if the time mark doesn't work):

https://youtu.be/RbUu0UMdbqM?t=834

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sun 20/10/2019 09:15:36
Sorry to debunk a fun story, but that's not true. Check out this interview (around 13:54 if the time mark doesn't work):

Hmmm... Never trust the special features commentary I guess... And, I can see why he didn't have a speaking role... The movie would have been 5 hours long!

milkanannan

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 20/10/2019 03:33:47
Quote from: Ben X on Sat 19/10/2019 20:33:01

I should hope so! I've seen that movie like 50 times. (The buff dude playing the sax just happened to be playing with his band on the beach so they asked them to be in the movie.)

Okay next quote (I couldn't find the exact quote online but here's how I remember it. Should be pretty close.)

"What are you doing?"
"Making holy water."
"I thought only a priest could do that."
"I am a priest."
"You became a priest?"
"Yeah, I went online to the church's site, paid the five bucks, and clicked the "ORDAIN ME" button."
"And that works?!"
"Never had any problems."

Dogma?

Mandle

Jack

Mandle

Oh, damn... I had forgotten about this...

Not Bubba, great movie though!

The actor playing the dude making holy water is a Corey

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Tue 12/11/2019 14:54:00
Lost Boys: The Tribe?

That is the one!!!

Such a wasted opportunity, with only Corey Feldman pulling his weight in such scenes as the above mentioned...

Still was fun to see what he was up to after part one though...

Over to you.

Ben X

Oops, forgot to put notifications on, sorry!

Ummm, let's see... Okay:

"This is a cocoon, and inside he's going through changes. Lots of changes."

"Like my mother."

Mandle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk