The Movie Quote Game

Started by CaptainD, Mon 13/02/2017 13:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

dayowlron

Did Marty Feldman say that in Young Frankenstein?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

milkanannan

Ben X

I was just guessing that you might have picked another Gilliam film!

Well, I found what I assume is the correct answer by googling "of course meme" but I'm not sure if that's cheating. I'll let you decide, Mandle - if it is cheating, others can try to guess more scrupulously!

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Wed 20/11/2019 18:36:46
I was just guessing that you might have picked another Gilliam film!

Well, I found what I assume is the correct answer by googling "of course meme" but I'm not sure if that's cheating. I'll let you decide, Mandle - if it is cheating, others can try to guess more scrupulously!

Wait a bit first. Lets see if someone knows it first without googling. It is pretty famous.

Jack

Mandle

Quote from: Jack on Thu 21/11/2019 00:09:47
Back to the Future?

Doc Brown says that.... but not the one I am looking for.

(Christopher Lloyds meme is more like "I was frozen today!")

Mandle

Forgot about this, sorry.

Another line from the same movie is...

"For you, the day (I) graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

(I removed the name, as the character refers to himself in the third-person here, just so it would not be too obvious)

CaptainD

The Three Amigos? Sounds like something El Guapo said.

morganw

Street Fighter. Although if that is correct, someone else can take my go if they like.

Mandle

Quote from: morganw on Sat 14/12/2019 22:10:50
Street Fighter. Although if that is correct, someone else can take my go if they like.

Yes, both lines are spoken by Bison and the OF COURSE! one was a popular meme for a while... I'm guessing people sent in emails, posted, etc. in response to questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W7c8QghPxk

TheFrighter

Quote from: morganw on Sat 14/12/2019 22:10:50

Take it!  (laugh)

That's a classic:

Honey, I'm more man than you'll ever be and more woman than you'll ever get.

_

milkanannan

Mandle

Ah, one of the classic gay-movement quotes, which came from a very unlikely source...

TheFrighter

No guess since now! Mandle is on the right path... (laugh)

Another one:

There is a good place in this world for money and I know where it is. It's right here in my pocket!

_

dayowlron

Is that from "Car Wash"?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

TheFrighter

Correct, Dayowlron! A cool blaxploitation movie (surprisiling written by Joel Schumacher)!

Here's the clip of the first line:

_

dayowlron

Sorry forgot about this one:
next quote:
You had to be big shots didn't you. You had to show off. When are you gonna learn that people will like you for who you are, not for what you can give them. Well, in your race for power and glory, you forgot one small detail.

Kweepa

Sounds like Weird Science!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

dayowlron

Quote from: Kweepa on Sun 05/01/2020 02:13:57
Sounds like Weird Science!
Correct, thought it might be easy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk