Previous topic - Next topic

Helm

WINTERKILL

n3tgraph

it's sure something to be happy with :o

it's awesomes :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Ben

I should eat helm alive so I can have his soul, and all his artistic talent along with it.

In other words, I like.

Evil

JPG!?! HELM! HOW COULD YOU!!! heh, looks really good, only thing is it looks like he has a midget arm...

Flippy_D

Nice. Slightly surreal/impressionist work. Reminds me of Van Gough (dunno why, his gig was swirls), maybe because of the oil-paint look?

I like it, much. You get a niftyness sticker.

Squinky

Very good man...you should do that kinda stuff for a living...

Gilbert

* Gilbot V7000a hates Helm.

* Gilbot V7000a eats Helm.

MrColossal

i don't know why but for some reason i want to see the clouds bow the other way... i have no clue why tho

and i think the lower left side of the image is too bland. it's just dead to me and that's where the painting turns into a 2d image made out of colour and not a believable scene.

at to me the mountain looks rather small, i think that's because we have a severe jump from foreground to background with nothing inbetween, so i see the large blades of grass right next to the mountain and it kinda shrinks the mountain's size for me, unless it's just a large rock, then i'd like to see it casting more of a shadow

i'd also like 50 dollars and a rocket car

i'm glad to see at least one of us is improving their painting skills

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Andail

The mountains are really great...the grass is a tad featureless...perhaps some more details in the bottom-right part of the image would do the trick.
Great composition

Igor

Great drawing! Love the composition and the overall feeling of pic.

My little complaint would be color choices. The way it is now, picture looks a bit too flat (for the style you are using). In my opinion it would add much more depth if you'd use more blue on the mountains, so they would fade a bit into the sky.
Here's a quick example of what i had in mind- hope you don't mind (modifications were done in Flash, so you'll have to excuse it's sloppiness ;)): http://maniac.adventuredevelopers.com/Helm.jpg

If you'd add more wariety in close foreground and maybe make clouds a bit more blue too (to add more depth) it would probably work even better.

Anyway just suggestions, it rocks already as it is.

Helm

Yeah, it's as 2ma2 said a while back. Warm colours foreground, cold colours background. The mountain seems too close. I had some real trouble with getting the perspectibe to show. So I sorta didn't. I maybe should add a few layers of grass between the foreground and the mountains, but I'm at a loss as to how do that.

Thanks for the critique and praise, everybody.
WINTERKILL

AJA

Las Naranjas

I like the exaggerated curvature in the sky.

* Las Naranjas sits with a stupid grin revelling in his profundity
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

ratracer

It's a painting that gives you physical sensations - you can almost feel the wind (and the cold?), breath the fresh and pure air...

Neole

When i read that I felt exactly the same - before I realized it was the air conditioning behind me. But its really a lovely painting!

AndersM

Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Wed 16/04/2003 02:36:33
* Gilbot V7000a hates Helm.

* Gilbot V7000a eats Helm.

MrMasse hates everyone that draws better than himself. Therefore he hates the entire world... :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk