Fortnightly Writing Competition - HANDICAPPED (CLOSED, WINNER ANNOUNCED)

Started by Mandle, Mon 20/02/2017 09:48:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

"Best Writing" - Blondbraid (The bare-bones style of writing really fits the bleak mood of the story)
"Best Use Of The Theme" - Baron (combining the handicap theme with golf: brilliant!)
"Favorite Story" - Stupot (loved the subtle humour and hints for the reader to figure out)

So here are the final tallies:

Sinitrena: 6pts
Baron: 4pts
Blondbraid: 7pts
Stupot: 3pts
El Poncho: 4pts

WHAM just jumped in while I was posting this and broke the 5pt tie between Sinitrena and Blondbraid.... WHAAAAAMMY!!!

So this makes Blondbraid the winner! Congratz and over to you!

Thanks to all for a great round and sorry for not being as attentive a host as I should have been.

Baron

Congratulations Blondbraid!

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 20/03/2017 12:48:23
Thanks to all for a great round and sorry for not being as attentive a host as I should have been.

I'm sure the forthcoming trophies will make up for any perceived inattentiveness among the rank & file.  I for one look forward to quarrelling with Ponch through expensive lawyers over joint-custody arrangements for our bronze beauty.  ;-D

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Tue 21/03/2017 00:41:32
I for one look forward to quarrelling with Ponch through expensive lawyers over joint-custody arrangements for our bronze beauty.  ;-D
What are you talking about? I just got here. I've been away on a spring break vacation. The person you share that bronze trophy with is that mysterious and sexy El Poncho. :=

WHAM

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 20/03/2017 12:48:23
WHAM just jumped in while I was posting this and broke the 5pt tie between Sinitrena and Blondbraid.... WHAAAAAMMY!!!

Hope I didn't mess up your flow, man! :D
I was feeling writey, realized I was too late for this comp, so I read the entries to inspire myself as I wait for the next fortnightly. Thought I'd drop in my votes while I was at it.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Blondbraid

Thank you everyone who voted for me, I'm so glad you liked my story! ;-D

I'll try and come up with a good theme for the next competition!

Mandle

Quote from: Baron on Tue 21/03/2017 00:41:32
I'm sure the forthcoming trophies will make up for any perceived inattentiveness among the rank & file.  I for one look forward to quarrelling with Ponch through expensive lawyers over joint-custody arrangements for our bronze beauty.  ;-D

Dude! So nice of you to volunteer like that for the trophy making!

Can't wait to see what you come up with! :P :P :P

Baron

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 21/03/2017 14:11:02

You realize you made me do this, right?  ;)

Mandle

Quote from: Baron on Thu 23/03/2017 03:16:26
Quote from: Mandle on Tue 21/03/2017 14:11:02

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yup folks! There's your trophies! Grab 'em while they're hot!

(laugh) (laugh) (laugh) (laugh) (laugh)

Sinitrena

I actually kinda like them, they're cute  :grin:

Congratulations, Blondbraid, by the way. That was a close voting - and a deserved win.

Blondbraid

Great trophys! (laugh)
Quote from: Sinitrena on Thu 23/03/2017 06:27:27
Congratulations, Blondbraid, by the way. That was a close voting - and a deserved win.
Thank you Sinitrena!

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Baron on Thu 23/03/2017 03:16:26

Pfft!  HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!  (laugh) (laugh) (laugh)

Well played, Baron. Well played.

Sinitrena

So, it's been a week. Is the next topic coming up anytime soon?  :-*

Ponch

No rush, Sinitrena. We took a fortnight to vote. We'll take a fortnight to come up with a new theme. We're putting the fortnight back in the Fortnightly Writing Competition. :=

Blondbraid

I have an idea for a theme, though I'm a bit worried it might be overly specific,
but otherwise I can set it up as soon as I get time today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk