What do you think

Started by Rob, Tue 15/04/2003 22:05:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

This is a back ground fore my first game what do you think how can I improve ...

Erwin_Br

Well, you could link it properly so we would be able to see it. That might be a good start  ;D

--Erwin

Flippy_D

Odd that, it works in Explorer. Here:

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Hmm....well there's several things needing fixing there.

Mostly size related. The window is too big compared to the door. Which is too small compared to the desk. The chair also needs to be bigger to go with that desk. The perspective on the desk is a little strange since we are looking at it from the front.

Also, it looks kind of strange that the light is falling on the wall in that pattern, it should only fall that way on the floor, since the wall has no light falling on it.

And overall, its a bit flat, unless thats the look you're going for. :)

n3tgraph

I totally agree with annie (OneThinkingGal)

try using 1 perspective point:
look at these tutorials:

http://ilb.notrix.net
http://www.sylpher.com/kafka

other then that, I'd say the lamp on the left looks like it's pasted to the wall and the outlines are far to thick. Which reminds me, try to avoid the black outline when you can. Black is too dark imo.

only one thing left (the whine-ass I am), try saving the files as gifs instead of jpg, the quality of gifs in lo color is far better :)

rock on 8)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Andail

The colours are nice, and the technique is pretty neat, but the scene is completely devoid of physical laws...

Rob

Rob

What do you think of my person then

Flippy_D

This is bizarre, you pictures should be working....

Erwin_Br

Your avatar doesn't show up as well, Flippy. Or is this only on my PC?

On topic:

The character looks good to me. Personally I would add a bit more colour to his skin, but that depends on the context. I mean, he could be a programmer who barely knows how the sun looks like :P

--Erwin

Flippy_D

Yeah, I think GSA is down... I'll have to go check later.

n3tgraph

if he's meant to be pale, it's fine... but else. give the man some skin colour :)

if your character is supposed to look like this ignore the below statements:
- try replacing the black outlines with darker shades of the colour filling it. Like the pants. Use a dark blue colour  for the outline
- the neck is a bit too fat and long
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Rob

Privateer Puddin'

Hands are an un-natural position, they should be side on

Rob

Quote from: custard on Wed 16/04/2003 15:26:27
Hands are an un-natural position, they should be side on
Yeah well that's one of my ideas just to see whether people actually are observant.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk