Sumatra: Fate of Yandi - coming May 14th!

Started by shaun9991, Tue 21/02/2017 13:01:05

Previous topic - Next topic

shaun9991

Hi guys,

Our next game Sumatra: Fate of Yandi is coming on May 14th 2019!

You can check out the Steam page here!

When it is released it will also be available on itch.io.

Sumatra: Fate of Yandi is a traditional point and click adventure that tells the story of Yandi, a logging worker who gets caught up in a terrible landslide, leaving him lost and alone deep in the jungle. Join him on his quest to find his best friend and coworker Ramdan, and return home to his beloved partner Adiratna.

Complicating things, the regret of recent arguments with Adiratna loom over him. The desire to make amends will drive him forward as he makes his way through vast expanses of unexplored forest and desolate wasteland, where many dangers and secrets will be revealed...

Will Yandi reunite with his friend Ramdan? Will he make it home to his beloved Adiratna? Will he even make it out alive?

Features:
- An old-school point and click adventure aesthetic with many puzzles and an intriguing storyline.
- A range of interesting characters to encounter along the way... both human and animal, friend and foe.
- A variety of subtly unfolding mysteries to keep Yandi on his toes.
- A nostalgic style that harks back to the early classics of the genre- with some unique and modern twists.
- Original soundtrack featuring 30 tracks
- Approximately 3-5 hours of gameplay, with a rich and vibrant world to explore.

Inspiration?
- Old school point and click adventures from the '80s and '90s.
- The nature and legends of Indonesia.
- The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle.

Thanks for your support!
Shaun
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Mandle

Ahhhhh soooo beautiful! I can see the Pitfall influence and hope there's an arcade sequence tribute!

Gord10

I voted it a few days ago when I saw in Facebook. Good luck!

P.S: I'm currently drinking Sumatra coffee.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

AnasAbdin

Voted! Pendek is one of my favorites so this is going to be exponential factors of fun!

Chicky

Nice to see a GiP thread for this Shaun, I've already voted but I do wish you the best of luck with it!

Dualnames

Voted as well, best of luck <3
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

CrashPL

Voted too! Good luck with the production and Greenlight, Shaun. Really lovin' those graphics and aesthetic!

shaun9991

Thank you for the Greenlight votes and lovely comments <3

I'm happy to say the game is coming soon! We now have a Steam page and trailer - the game should be out in a few months! I've updated the original post to reflect all the new details :)

You can check out the Steam page here!
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Click'd

You should mention the game length on Steam as well. Not every game has to go on for thirty hours or so, but 3 is rather on the short side.

Also, for some reason Steam thinks your game is similar to Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Frodo

The game looks great.  :wink:

Any chance of a DRM-free release that doesn't force people to use steam?

TheFrighter

Quote from: shaun9991 on Tue 21/02/2017 13:01:05

Inspiration?
Old school point and click adventures from the 80s (eg Kings Quest, Space Quest), Pitfall, Jungle King. Myths and legends of Indonesia.

If I may ask, Shaun...

Spoiler

...any supernatural involved?

[close]

_

selmiak

oh nice. Please also upload to itch :)

Privateer Puddin'

2-3 hours sounds delightful

Tigrou

Spoiler
Is still about Homo floresiensis?
[close]

AnasAbdin

I can enjoy a 3 minutes well made game more than a 75495749759458 hours not-well made game.
I haven't played this game yet, but I played and enjoyed all your previous games. So far this one looks like the top.
I can't wait :-D

shaun9991

Thanks for the nice comments guys! :)

The game will certainly be available on itch.io and Game Jolt when released.

The playtime is an estimate at this stage - it will only be a bit clearer once the game is closer to completion and a few people have tested it. I would guess 2-3 hours at the quickest if you are a point and click veteran or just want to click through everything, but if people get a little stuck on the puzzles or want to take time to explore everything it could be 5 or 6 hours! Always hard to say with an adventure game as it depends so much on the player. Some people finished Legend of Hand in 5 hours, others in 20! :)

Tigrou: Not telling ;)

TheFrighther: Maybe :wink:

ManicMatt

2-3 hours playing time is a selling point for me haha. I found it odd they said that, most point and click games are very short by nature.

Anywho, nice pixel asthetic! Looks lovely :)

SarahLiz

Looks like a very nice adventure game!  I'm looking forward to its release and giving it a go.  It doesn't SEEM (to me, anyway) quite like anything I've seen before, which is really cool.  And if your inspiration comes from classics like KQ and SQ...well then you pretty much "had me at hello".

Sarah

shaun9991

Thank you very much for the kind comments :)

Development is chugging along nicely, a huge majority of the graphics are now completed so it's just a case of putting the 2nd half of the game together in AGS

Two Tales

Looking forward to this. I enjoyed Pendek. The graphics look fun and I love any adventure game set in the jungle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk