CloudFlare Leak--Might Wanna Change Your Passwords, Everyone!

Started by DBoyWheeler, Fri 24/02/2017 15:41:37

Previous topic - Next topic

DBoyWheeler

Hey, gang!  Listen, I heard word from an internet friend of a data leak on CloudFlare.  Among those affected include Paypal and Amazon, and a long list of others.

Not sure if Adventure Game Studio (forums and other parts of the site) are connected to CloudFlare, but better safe than sorry... better update your passwords here, and on Paypal, Amazon, and other sites you're on.

(Usually, I update my passwords near the beginning of a month, but this news has made me update mine even earlier.)

selmiak

This was a serious issue for cloudflare. they fixed it it seems. The question is how much was leaked and actually gathered by databrookers or whoever needs heaps of data.
But where do you get that paypal or amazon use cloudflare? Cloudflare has lots of articles about the bug and the fix on their blogs and are very open about the thing, but neither paypal or amazon urge customers to change passwords. And these two don't fit in with cloudflares normal customers. wikileaks is hosted on cloudflare. maybe some 3letter agency broke into theirs system and made their service leak all that data and they silently collected the data. not just because of wikileaks but also who visits this site and whatelse they want to know... but this is just a theory, it was probably really just a bug and still lots of data leaked, but not pp or amzon.

Danvzare

He probably urged us to change our Paypal and Amazon passwords, in case we use the same passwords for everything.

Personally I have up to three levels of passwords, and the level I use depends on how important security is for that.
For something like the AGS Forums, I use the lowest level. For Paypal and Amazon I use the highest. And my email gets the level in between. :-D
That way if there's a data leak (usually on the lowest levels) I don't have to change my passwords on the other levels (usually the higher ones).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk