Gateway Remake

Started by HandsFree, Mon 27/02/2017 18:05:34

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsFree

UPDATE:
Version 1.1 is now available. It has new gui graphics by Arcangelo Bonaparte and some bugfixes, including the one that was reported where you can get more points than the maximum of 1500.
See screenshots in the first post.

Umbrella Terms

The new gui looks great! Never heard of Gateway before, but excited to play this remake! Downloading now.:grin:

Arcangelo Bonaparte

I was a pleasure for me to design a new GUI for the game.
The GUI Theme is based on the Hechee Metal idea.
As a Gateway prospector you have to look for this metal all the time in the game because of it's value.

So if you didn't play the game for now it might be the right moment to do so.
We improved lot's of details and the complete look.
Gateway is a must play for every retro science fiction fan.

LuciferSam86

I played Gateway 2 and I found it astounding, but the GUI was pretty weird and that's the reason I did not play the first chapter.

Now I see this and I can play the first chapter of Gateway series. :)

PS: I hope to see a remake for Gateway 2 :P
God is Real, unless declared Integer

fernewelten

I am playing version 1.1.

I attended the briefing in room T20 (the one where you
Spoiler
get handed the blue badge
[close]
). I had the red rose in the inventory. I "gave" the rose to the (left) student that attended the briefing. This made the program crash. The error message suggests that the event "UseInv" was not implemented:
QuoteAn internal error has occurred. Please note down the following information. If the problem persists, post the details on the AGS Technical Forum (ACI version 3.3.4.2)
Error: prepare_script: error -18 (no such function in script) trying to run 'hSudent_UseInv' (Room 17)

Note the misspelling "hSudent_UseInv".

HandsFree

Good catch. Apparently nobody tried to give something to the student before.
Problem is indeed the misspelling. I had corrected the spelling but broke the link to the function by doing that (at least I assume that's what happened several years ago).

mercenario

Thanks for bringing back this classic!;-D

cacaro

It looks like what Legend may have produced if they had remade Gateway using the GUI of their later games. Will definitely try it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk