Glumol ready for rumble :D

Started by Broncomatic, Wed 16/04/2003 01:22:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Brown

word up

Las Naranjas

All I got was several messages saying a .dll file couldn't be found.

But hey, it's more than SCRAMM.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Quickstrike

"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Gilbert

Well it first asked for M$VC++ dlls, after I found them, it asked for python dlls... and then I give up.

They should write more clearly what should the users install beforehand.

I don't really care though, as my computer at home has only WIN95 and no IE, which probably can't run it anyway... (surprisingly I had python installed on it...)

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

AGA

It's a rival adventure game creation engine that's been in the making for ages. It's just been released for the first time...

n3tgraph

ah, like that....

will we be getting comunity wars? :P
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Adamski

It doesn't work. I seriously suggest ending this charade soon because it's not really all that funny.

Privateer Puddin'

heh, and the Monkey Island 2 gui is in FRENCH

* custard giggles

scotch

7 megs + dlls? :(  I thought AGS was big enough these days.  I'll get it when my connection is sorted out again.

Helm

Oh man, I bet this is so embarassing for them.

On another note, what ARE those people on the forums doing there? Why aren't they using AGS?
WINTERKILL

Trapezoid

Because it's DOS-only and only supports 16 colors and 320x200 and a text parser.

MrColossal

yea ags is so stupid...

7 megs means more power and DLLs mean DAMN LOVELY LADIES, they will come to your house if you use glumol...

someone wanna post a screenshot for me?
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Czar

Well, a real rival for AGS could be Wintermute, but that too is pretty big....
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: MrColossal on Thu 17/04/2003 06:24:03
someone wanna post a screenshot for me?

what error did you want a screenshot of? :)

jannar85

Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Helm

WINTERKILL

danny*

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph puts his right hand on his heart

:-* beautiful - sniff :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

jannar85

It's a virus....or a error in the script in other words.
Don't download it! It's a hoax!

Scummbuddy

Don't listen to him.  He's the hoax.  He's just trying to keep it all to himself.  

Jannar, I thought you, Mods, Subspark and I were the unofficial moderators of that forum, and you go and do something like this.  I'm soo dissapointed.....

Edit*  Ahhh! What happened!  My computer has a virus?  Where did it come from... Why didnt anyone warn me?
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Helm

If that post was supposed to be funny, it was stupid. If that post was serious, it was stupid.

WINTERKILL

jannar85

Quote from: Scummbuddy on Fri 18/04/2003 02:11:58
Don't listen to him.  He's the hoax.  He's just trying to keep it all to himself.  

Jannar, I thought you, Mods, Subspark and I were the unofficial moderators of that forum, and you go and do something like this.  I'm soo dissapointed.....

Edit*  Ahhh! What happened!  My computer has a virus?  Where did it come from... Why didnt anyone warn me?
I was never asked to be a moderator... I won't for that engine anyway :P
It's a hoax, and yes, I wanted to have it just for my self, but realised that it still was a hoax, so I never trust in GLUMOL again...

Oh, and that last one wasn't funny...  ;D

Scummbuddy

Guys, I was just kidding.  Oh, forget it... I thought it was funny.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

jannar85

Pumaman

Firstly, I'm glad that you glumol guys have finally released something.

However, please don't take this the wrong way, but if you want glumol to gain respect and get people using it, you need two major things:

1) A working website. Currently the only page that works on glumol.com is the forum. Surely as you've finally released the software, you should update the website to tell people it's out there?

2) A beta test. Send it to a select group of people first to iron out the problems like missing DLL's, so that when you properly release it, it actually works for people who download it.

Good luck.

Evil

but is it a freedom version? huh? HUH!?!  :P

remixor

I went to the glumol forums and they confused the hell out of me.  It was bizarre, funny, and scary all at the same time.  I downloaded the .exe but I'm sort of hesitant to actually install it given whatever strange situations seem to surround this engine.

???
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk