MAGS March "Size Matters" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Wed 01/03/2017 00:00:51

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game for MAGS March?

The Snaplock by Blondbraid
4 (40%)
The Smallest Points by Mandle
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Mon 17/04/2017 01:25:22

Blondbraid

I have started on my entry, a game about Snapphanar,
which were guerrilla fighters on the Danish side in the Scanian war, which was fought between Denmark and Sweden in the 1670s.
The Swedish forces however, made no difference between danish guerrilla fighters and highwaymen, and severely punished anyone caught.
They made a movie about them in 1941 if anyone is curious!:)

I have made some animations for the protagonist, and I'm trying to make it stylized
so that it looks like an old woodcut while also reminding of Swedish allmoge-art.

Danvzare

Awesome, is that the idle animation?
If so, this is going to be one beautiful looking game.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Sat 18/03/2017 11:08:06
Awesome, is that the idle animation?
If so, this is going to be one beautiful looking game.
Thanks! I'm going for rather stylized backgrounds,
hoping to make it look like a traditional tapestry.
A screenshot from my game:

Some examples of the type of art I've used as inspiration:

Riaise

That looks fantastic, Blondbraid! I can absolutely see the inspiration, but it still retains your own style. ;-D

Blondbraid

Quote from: Riaise on Sun 19/03/2017 13:11:33
That looks fantastic, Blondbraid! I can absolutely see the inspiration, but it still retains your own style. ;-D
Thank you Riaise!
Here is a screenshot for the intro of my game:

The borders of Denmark and Sweden was a bit different back then, so I thought it might be a good idea to include a map for players unfamiliar with Scandinavian history.

Anyway, I'm working on my entry, and I think Mandle mentioned making one too, is there anyone else working on something this month?

Mandle

My entry is still paused where it was. I have been busy in every spare moment with working on the upcoming commercial release of Chronicle Of Innsmouth.

But I do have about a week off from work starting on Tuesday so I should be able to get that wrapped up and finish my MAGS entry as well I'd say.

Mandle

Any chance of 2 day extension over the weekend?

I've just been too busy working on Chronicles Of Innsmouth, an amazing Lovecraftian AGS game that is in crunch time for its commercial release, to find the time for the last slog-work on the coding for my entry...

But an extra two days would do it, and also I would have to do it because I asked for the extension... Double-punch!

Creamy

QuoteDouble-punch!
Speaking of which, where is the promised hentai game  :=

Mandle

Quote from: Creamy on Thu 30/03/2017 10:58:10
QuoteDouble-punch!
Speaking of which, where is the promised hentai game  :=

Well, Chronicles Of Innsmouth has a tentacle monster that I am animating as we speak... Does that count?

Stupot

two day extension suits me.
I'll still start April contest as normal but the deadline for March is 23:59 BST Sunday Night

Slasher

Quotea tentacled monster 8-0
Squidly Diddly (laugh)

Mandle

Cheers Stu!

(And congratulations again in case you missed it in FB)

Blondbraid

I'm suprised Slasher haven't made anything this time around, though it's still time left... :-D
Anyways, my entry is basically done and can be played from start to finish, but I just want to
look everything through a bit more in case I've missed something. Hopefully I'll have it out tomorrow.

Danvzare

Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 31/03/2017 12:47:09
I'm suprised Slasher haven't made anything this time around, though it's still time left... :-D
Well he's certainly quick enough to be able to make a brilliant game within the time that's left.

Slasher

QuoteWell he's certainly quick enough to be able to make a brilliant game within the time that's left.
I could but I am reserving and revitalizing my energy with 3 other games on the go.. Maybe the next one (laugh)

Mandle

I got a ton of work done on the game tonight, including about 3 hours of just slogging over and over to get basic game mechanics in place. I'm sure there was an easier way, but I had already built the mechanics so I didn't want to throw the whole project into reverse at this point.

Tomorrow I will attempt to pull the whole thing together into a workable game, but no promises...

And no screenshots sorry.

What "The Smallest Points" actually is shall remain a mystery for now...

Blondbraid

Sounds interesting, best of luck to you Mandle!
My game is complete, but I'm currently having trouble adding it to the database. :(

Cassiebsg

You can just add the link and a screenshot here, and update the link to the db later once you managed to add it.  (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 01/04/2017 23:12:57
You can just add the link and a screenshot here, and update the link to the db later once you managed to add it.  (nod)
Since I still can't upload the game to the db for some reason, here is a link to download the game:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pyuypf1zg4p8o9u/The+Snaplock.zip

Slasher

Just played Snaplock
Spoiler

Fun game and I just had to laugh at the runs cycles (laugh)
Nice art style and story (ending choice 'cracked' me up (laugh))
Good MAG entry even though the game is short..
[close]
slasher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk