The Video Game Quote Game

Started by Amayirot Akago, Sun 05/03/2017 08:31:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Amayirot Akago

Figured I'd start up this thread as a counterpart to the movie quote game ;) I'll start us off with this one:

"Surrender, fiend, and we will promise you an easy death!"
"I could promise you the same... but it would be a lie."
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Ben X

And let's point out the usual rule of not directly googling the quote.

I have no idea, so I'll guess Secret Of Monkey Island.

Gribbler

Amayirot Akago

Neither of those, it's not a point & click adventure game.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Amayirot Akago

Nothing yet? Time for another quote.

"You are not the only one at risk. I may carry the instrument of your destruction, but I, too, have taken a chance in coming here. Or haven't you realized -- you bear the only weapon that can kill me."

And another hint: 2003 game for PS2, PC, and Xbox.

Danvzare

Amayirot Akago

No.

"What in hell..."
"I am the origin of Life... the devourer of Death. I am the hub of the Wheel, the purifying cycle to which all souls must be drawn."

Mandle

One of the Final Fantasy games?

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Amayirot Akago

(wrong) It is part of a larger series though. Seems this one was tougher than I expected :P

"Given the choice - whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire, or to challenge the Fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny... what was a king to do? But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of Fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

CrashPL

Legacy of Kain: Defiance!

Man, I love the LoK/SR franchise, shame they haven't touched it (apart from the cancelled game and the "Nosgoth" thingy) in years. Where's the "50/50 chance of new LoK game for XBO/PS4"?  :~(

Danvzare

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2?

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CrashPL on Tue 07/03/2017 07:21:54
Legacy of Kain: Defiance!

Man, I love the LoK/SR franchise, shame they haven't touched it (apart from the cancelled game and the "Nosgoth" thingy) in years. Where's the "50/50 chance of new LoK game for XBO/PS4"?  :~(
Yes :D Very good. It's finally your turn, use it well.

CrashPL

Woohoo. :D Alright, this one should be super easy:

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Danvzare

Mandle

Wake up and smell the ashes!

CrashPL

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 08/03/2017 14:12:18
Wake up and smell the ashes!

Heheh, nice one! :D Yup, both mine and Mandle's quote is from Half-Life 2 intro.
Your turn, Mandle!

Mandle

Sweet! A hard line to forget...

So here's the next one:

"Created by ....-.. Warren.... Robinett"

(No googling though remember)

Mandle

Hint: The text runs vertically in two rows and flashes different colours.

Gurok

Oh, is that Adventure? The 2600 port (actually a different game entirely)?

Mandle

Quote from: Gurok on Thu 09/03/2017 05:34:01
Oh, is that Adventure? The 2600 port (actually a different game entirely)?

Indeed! Quite probably the world's first ever video game easter egg!

Your turn!

Gurok

Cool!

Hrmm... whither does it fly?

Amayirot Akago

King's Quest: Mask Of Eternity ;)

Gurok

Correct! Maybe that one was too easy. Your turn.

Amayirot Akago

It was easy because I played that game waaaay too much years ago :D

These disks tell a story. Story about good. Story about bad. These disks are all that are left of the true story. True story about the closing of the Third Age.

kconan

Mandle

Amayirot Akago

Nope on both counts, but you're correct as far as genre.

Please feed my pet flytrap. He eats ring-food.

I do not.

Mandle

Amayirot Akago

Amayirot Akago

Oookay, time for another hint: 1996 game played alternately in first and third person.

Walking around his big, beautiful new world... make him feel all alone.

Mandle

Amayirot Akago

Incorrect. Getting harder to grab quotes from this game considering there's so little dialogue :P

You may have already won two bricks of klay!!!

Mandle

Gribbler

Amayirot Akago

Yesss :D Gribbler makes the save. I gotta pick an easier one next time :P Your turn!

Gribbler

That boy's got to eat! He got to have his supper. Come here, boy. Let's do this, come on.

Mandle

Gribbler

Mandle

Quote from: Gribbler on Mon 13/03/2017 08:34:15
Yep!

YAY! And also BLEAH! You made me remember that scene and what they were eating...

I would say that game is the most horrifying and scary game I have ever seen. And I only watched Let's Plays. It must be much worse to actually play it. Amazing game!

New quote coming soon...

Gribbler

Quote from: MandleAnd I only watched Let's Plays

I played in VR. Multiply "bleah" by thousand. :-)

Mandle

Okay new quote...

"In the end, all sins are forgiven. Even yours."

Amayirot Akago

Mandle

No..... another quote (probably a giveaway):

"Laputan Machine"

Amayirot Akago

Mandle

Yup.... possibly the best game ever made IMO...

Over to you!

Amayirot Akago

Sticks and stones :cool:

It appears you are up the proverbial estuary without a means of locomotion.

Kumpel

Amayirot Akago

No, this game's way older than that.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Zork?

(Just because there is a river/boat puzzle and a snarky sense of humour in Zork)

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 15/03/2017 21:02:19
Space Quest?
Ding dong! It's what the hologram in the underground chamber says to you. Your turn!

Cassiebsg

Ack! Honest had no idea!

It just sounded like  Sierra type of humor.  (laugh)

Probably easy, but I got nothing else:

Reward? I'm sorry but all I have to offer you is...

Mandle

Cassiebsg

Yup, was too easy.  (laugh)
On to you Mandle.  ;)

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 16/03/2017 18:09:28
Yup, was too easy.  (laugh)
On to you Mandle.  ;)

It sounded like a double-cross, so I just guessed the first double-cross scene from a game that popped into my head. Wow, I'm on a lucky streak with these random guesses...

Okay, here's an easy one I think:

"Your strength and brutality are legendary."

Amayirot Akago

Unreal Tournament '99. I'll post a new quote in the morning.

Mandle

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Thu 16/03/2017 23:15:28
Unreal Tournament '99. I'll post a new quote in the morning.

Dayum!

Amayirot Akago

Can you tell I was completely obsessed with that game throughout the early 2000's? ;)

That's abusing your right to free speech, Mr. President.

Gurok

Sam & Max Series 1, Episode 4: Abe Lincoln Must Die! ?

Mandle

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Fri 17/03/2017 09:02:19
Can you tell I was completely obsessed with that game throughout the early 2000's? ;)

Hahahah so was I... Maybe we fought each other now and then...

Amayirot Akago

Considering I never played online cause my internet was crappy, that seems very unlikely.

And no, Gurok, that's not it.

CaptainD

Quote from: Gurok on Fri 17/03/2017 09:24:16
Sam & Max Series 1, Episode 4: Abe Lincoln Must Die! ?

I don't care that it's wrong, I love this answer!  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Kumpel

Amayirot Akago

(wrong) It's not a point & click.

I have a daughter - and it is my greatest wish never to have her, or her children, experience the horror of nuclear war. As a father, I want to leave a better world for the future generation. As a soldier, I know that is my duty.

Kumpel

Amayirot Akago

Gribbler

Amayirot Akago

Also nope.

We've managed to avoid drowning!

Ben X

Is it an FPS? Maybe a Call Of Duty or a Medal Of Honor?

Amayirot Akago

No, not an FPS, but third person.

I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hara-kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

Cassiebsg

Amayirot Akago

Not a Fallout game, but the nuclear theme is important to this series too.

Kept ya waiting, huh?

Gurok

Amayirot Akago

(wrong)

Treat your cardboard box with care. Take care of the box and it'll take care of you. Don't think of it as just another box. Treat it with love... don't be rough, 'kay?

Mandle

Gribbler

Sounds like The Bum even if it's not it :)

Amayirot Akago

No. This is part of a much more mainstream, long running series that starts with an M.

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sun 19/03/2017 20:08:37
Metal Gear Solid?

Ahhhhhhhh... the cardboard box quote makes so much sense now...

Amayirot Akago

I would've thought that would be a dead giveaway  := But yes, the game in question was in fact Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Take it away, Ben.

Ben X

It was indeed that line that led me to guess, along with the subsequent clue.

Here's mine:

"Look at that woman's breasts. They're large."

Mandle

Ben There, Dan That?
Time Gentlemen, Please?

Danvzare

Ben X

No, it's not a 2D game.

"Hard to avoiiid... area attack!"

Danvzare

Amayirot Akago

Psychonauts :D First one's the trenchcoat guys from the Milkman Conspiracy, the other is Kochamara.

Giving my turn to whoever wants it.

Mandle

Okay, I got one:

"It's a matter of life and death!"

Kumpel

Mandle

Quote from: Kumpel on Wed 22/03/2017 23:22:05
Monkey Island 1-4?

No, but it is a point-and-click adventure game!

CaptainD

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 23/03/2017 00:18:19
Sam and Max Hit the Road?

(wrong)

Here's another quote:

"I thought that these kind of things only happened in my era."

Gurok

Mandle

Another quote:

"Oh my god! Absolutely not! I cannot stand the sight of blood!"

Amayirot Akago

Mandle

Nopers.

Another quote:

"I'm off to hunt wild boar!"

CaptainD

I now want this to be an Asterix game.

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 23/03/2017 23:44:34
I now want this to be an Asterix game.

Sorry, it's not.

Although it does have a scene set in old-timey France...

Mandle

Another quote:

"I've been stuck here for ages."

Amayirot Akago

Amayirot Akago

Mandle

Mandle

Another quote:

"Soon we will be free again"

Danvzare

Mandle

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 24/03/2017 12:03:48
Mass Effect?

Nope, but here's another quote:

"I'm the boy's trainer. Let me through!"

Mandle

Okay, here's a giveaway quote for anyone who has played this game:

"Go now! Waste no time!"

CaptainD

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 25/03/2017 11:26:37
Back to the Future?

Nope... although the game does kind of involve time travel... kind of, but not really...

Mandle

Another quote:

"The eyes of the owl glowed"

Amayirot Akago

That crappy New Adventures Of The Time Machine game by Cryo?

Mandle

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Sun 26/03/2017 08:09:35
That crappy New Adventures Of The Time Machine game by Cryo?

No.

Okay, another quote:

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

Danvzare

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? ???

Mandle

Nope... but here's a giveaway quote to end all giveaway quotes then:

"Oh no! That disgusting black substance is jumping to other books"

CaptainD

Haha okay now I have it, and am going to put my guess in as I was actually going to guess Cannonball Run on the movie thread but you beat me to it - TALES!

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 26/03/2017 14:01:13
Haha okay now I have it, and am going to put my guess in as I was actually going to guess Cannonball Run on the movie thread but you beat me to it - TALES!

Well, DUH!!!

I mean, there's the line you yourself voiced right there above:

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 24/03/2017 01:58:17
Another quote:

"I've been stuck here for ages."

And the line "I'm off to hunt wild boar!" that you wished was from an Asterisk game was one of my own voice lines as Thrym the ice giant!

So yeah, the answer was the AGS game: "Tales"

Over to you CaptainD! I'm glad you're the one that got it!

CaptainD

Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( (laugh) (laugh) (laugh) (laugh) (laugh) (laugh) (laugh) (laugh) (laugh) (laugh) (laugh)

I ... er... can''t possibly be expected to remember all the lines I've voiced for games.  After all I've been busy doing a bad American accent for Slasher's game and a Starbuck voice that sounds like Agent Tan for Cassie!  :grin:

Okay new quote - NOT from one on Mandle's games btw!!!!

"Did I say that out loud? I apologize, master. While you are a meatbag, I suppose I should not call you as such."

Mandle

Amayirot Akago

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic?

CaptainD

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Sun 26/03/2017 15:00:51
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic?

Yes, it's everyone's favourite sarcastic assassin droid, HK-47.  Your turn.

Cassiebsg

Ahhhh... I should have guessed it, the "owl" line kind of sounded like fitting to the game, but alas I've only played the demo. :-[

Amayirot Akago

I've never played the game, but the meatbag part gave it away ;)

Throwing that switch and all? I can see your MIT education really pays for itself.

Amayirot Akago

Nothing yet? Have another.

For it was said, they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found.

Mandle

Amayirot Akago

No, definitely more modern than that.

Danvzare

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell?

Amayirot Akago

Not quite that modern either.

HAAAAAAAAACKS!

Amayirot Akago

Okay, new quote and a hint: everybody's waiting for a sequel to this game that'll probably never come.

They're always departing, but they never arrive... and the ones that do arrive... they never leave... you never see them go, they're always full... no one ever gets on but they're always... they're always departing but they never arrive...

Mandle

Amayirot Akago

Nope, this was made by a non-Japanese company.

Danvzare

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Tue 28/03/2017 08:35:56
hint: everybody's waiting for a sequel to this game that'll probably never come.
My goodness, the number of games that describes is phenomenal. :~(

Amayirot Akago

Well, in this case it's become memetic ;)

Now... about that beer I owed ya.

Mandle

Kumpel

Mandle: But there is a sequel to Half-Life! :=

Amayirot Akago

Mandle

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Tue 28/03/2017 23:43:33
Quote from: Mandle on Tue 28/03/2017 14:55:59
Half-Life?
Half-Life 2 was the correct answer, so yes ;)

Yeah sorry, I meant the Half Life series... Half Life 3 is always said to be the Holy Grail of missing sequels.

Mandle

Okay then...next quote:

"Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

Danvzare

Has there even been a Wizard of Oz game? ???

CaptainD

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 29/03/2017 12:36:43
Has there even been a Wizard of Oz game? ???

I was about to say my feeling is that this is a deliberate misnomer, but then the thought hit me...

Emerald City Confidential?

Kumpel

I think this is just a citation as it has been used in many media...
I could imagine Lucas Arts here.

Sam & Max?

Riaise

Mandle

No right guesses so far so:

"An instruction manual might help! Maybe a map! And I could use a sandwich. And a hot jukebox and a cold beer!"

CaptainD

Shot in the dark... Jack Keane?

Mandle

Nope...

Here's another quote:

"He's very tall. Or I'm very small. I wish I didn't keep thinking of the term 'Bite-size'. Please be friendly. I hope you're friendly. I'm certainly friendly. Let's all be friends."

CaptainD

Flight of the Amazon Queen?

Mandle

Naw...

Another quote:

"I don't care if you have to cut off my hand, just don't leave me to die here!"

Kumpel

Mandle

Nope

Another quote:

"Millions of years have passed since then. What once were pets or companions have followed their own evolutionary paths. They have become as beautiful or as terrible, as clever or as stupid as it was in them to be."

Danvzare

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
This does sound like a somewhat humorous type of game.

Mandle

Nope...

Another quote:

"Another one of these engraved sticks. What are they, wands, batons, bludgeons? Maybe some kind of hand held computer game. With my luck, it's a hand grenade."

Mandle

Bonus Quote:

"You just need a little something to make you complete, my friend.
How about a little alien explosive device?"

Amayirot Akago

Was waiting for someone else to get it, but screw it. It's The Dig. Giving my turn to whoever else wants it.

CaptainD

The Dig?

Haha saw Amayirot posted while I was typing this!

Mandle

Finally!!!

I didn't expect The Dig for last more than an hour or so in this community! (laugh)

Over to you by the looks of it CaptainD.

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 31/03/2017 11:19:21
I didn't expect The Dig for last more than an hour or so in this community! (laugh)
Same here. Although maybe everyone here is like me, and hasn't gotten around to playing it yet. (laugh)

CaptainD

Okay here's one:

"If you're still alive, boy, you're under arrest."

Mandle

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 31/03/2017 11:58:39
Quote from: Mandle on Fri 31/03/2017 11:19:21
Same here. Although maybe everyone here is like me, and hasn't gotten around to playing it yet. (laugh)

Oh you really should... It's one of the greats! (Although I do agree with the critics on its not-so-great points, but I still think the strengths far outweigh the weaknesses.)

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 31/03/2017 13:26:48
Oh you really should... It's one of the greats!

Definitely - in terms of atmosphere it's one of the best ever.

Cassiebsg

Really? The Dig? This is the second time I don't post my first thought... cause I don't remember it being so "lively funny" and then thought "nah...  (wrong)(laugh)

(no idea about CaptainD's though...)

Mandle

A bit of side-talk on a mentioned game. Not really off-topic, but I will hide it:

Spoiler
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 31/03/2017 20:08:51
Really? The Dig? This is the second time I don't post my first thought... cause I don't remember it being so "lively funny" and then thought "nah...  (wrong)(laugh)

Yeah, most of the light banter is from Boston Low, and there are quite a few funny dialogs with him and Maggie throwing quips back and forth at each other. This is one point where some modern critics of the game call it "tone deaf", because the quippy humour can overlap through parts of the game where the story gets quite dark.

For example:
Spoiler
Right after Brink dies, and right after Boston has to saw off Brink's hand, Boston is immediately his same old quippy self in dialogs with Maggie and in his comments when interacting with the environment, making him seem quite a jerk.
[close]

While I agree this is jarring, as game developers I guess we can imagine how much extra work it would have taken to adjust every piece of text for dialogs/interactions for every character depending on their current mood in the story. And I guess also at the time of the game's release the majority of players didn't really expect such a high level of reality in the characters in a point-and-click adventure game.
[close]

CaptainD

Just a reminder of the first quote from the current game:

"If you're still alive, boy, you're under arrest."

Another one:

"Ah, your ears are fine. It's what's between 'em that scares me."

Amayirot Akago

Full Throttle. Didn't recognize the first line but once you start quoting the intro I'm all over that ;)

CaptainD

Amayirot Akago

Wonderful :=

If you've come for the fork, you'll be sorely disappointed!

Mandle

Amayirot Akago

I haven't even played that one yet, so no :P

Amayirot Akago

Guess it's time for a hint: 1995 DOS game.

Subject must stay in bunk. Recuperation is mandatory. Subject must comply with all instructions. This unit is shock resistant.

CrashPL

Return the fork, or I'll command it to destroy you!

Ah, good old Bioforge. :D Shame they never did the second part, nor the Bioforge Plus expansion. :(

Amayirot Akago

Yes indeed CrashPL ;) Good old clunky cyborg punching simulator.

CrashPL

Alright, let's try this:

If I listened to every piece of good advice I heard, I'd have killed all of you already and run off with your gold.

Danvzare

CrashPL

(wrong)

(first hint: the main character is one hell of a sarcastic arsehole)

I'm sorry but that's not vague enough for me. Could you be a little less specific?

Danvzare

dayowlron

Just from the clue and not the quotes I want to guess:
Full Throttle
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Quote from: CrashPL on Tue 04/04/2017 11:28:13
I'm sorry but that's not vague enough for me. Could you be a little less specific?

I have no idea what the game might be, but I'm so going to be using that line in real life whenever someone asks me a question I'd rather they didn't.

CaptainD

Or... could it be The Book of Unwritten Tales?

Cassiebsg

CrashPL

Nope, keep guessing. :D

(second hint: not an adventure game. It was released four times [the original release, two ports, and yet another port recently, as an anniversary treat]).

Fine. Fine. I'll do the job. But save your sermons, gold has a finer voice.

and

That one lard-butt looked pretty damn blessed to me. About two hundred pounds more blessed than anyone else around here.

CrashPL

Nobody, nothing? :(

Here's a hint that should reveal it: a jRPG, originally released for the Dreamcast.

'Does not the light of the sun shine even now? Does not the land await the return of its true god? May the Light come quickly.'
Does not Ryudo tire of this? Does he not want to put his fist through this book? May his suffering end quickly."

CaptainD

Not ringing any bells for me I'm afraid.  ??? ???

Danvzare

Quote from: CrashPL on Thu 06/04/2017 07:33:48
Here's a hint that should reveal it: a jRPG, originally released for the Dreamcast.
Well that explains why no one has been able to guess it. Almost no one ever had a Dreamcast. (laugh)

Amayirot Akago

CrashPL

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Thu 06/04/2017 15:13:22
Skies of Arcadia?

That's the "first Dreamcast jRPG", the quotes are from the second one.  ;-D

Amayirot Akago

CrashPL

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Fri 07/04/2017 15:10:03
Grandia II?

Yup, it's Grandia II, the second DC jRPG. :D Your turn!

Amayirot Akago

Figured it had to be one of those two ;)

You smell like birthday cake and fluffy clouds... With a hint of fresh pine.

Amayirot Akago

Hint: two playable characters.

When you tire of child's play, when you're ready for real danger... come see me.

Danvzare

Amayirot Akago

Danvzare

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Sat 08/04/2017 13:00:43
That's the one :)
What? Seriously!
I only guessed that based on what I know about the plot of the game.

Ok um...
Here's the quote:

Got it memorized?

CrashPL

Isn't that Axel's signature saying from Kingdom Hearts? (laugh)

Danvzare

Quote from: CrashPL on Mon 10/04/2017 12:01:28
Isn't that Axel's signature saying from Kingdom Hearts? (laugh)
And you got it. Your turn. :-D

It's really hard trying to think of a quote from a video game.

CaptainD

Quote from: Danvzare on Mon 10/04/2017 12:23:37

Also unlike the movie quote game it's not so easy to find places to check your quotes or find a new one if nothing comes to mind!

CrashPL

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 10/04/2017 12:42:35
Quote from: Danvzare on Mon 10/04/2017 12:23:37

Also unlike the movie quote game it's not so easy to find places to check your quotes or find a new one if nothing comes to mind!

Makes you think twice about your game selection, before pressing that "post" button. :D

But anyway, how about this infamous gem?

What's a paladin?

Mandle

Oh... That's Ultima 5-6 or so...

When the player character returns to the Ultima world after already having struggled for so long to become a Paladin but suddenly has no idea what one is... BETRAYED!!!

CrashPL

Close enough, it's Ultima IX, to be exact. :) And oh boy, what a way to end the legendary series. Doesn't help the fact I'm a huge fan of Ultima saga.

Your turn, Mandle!

Mandle

Okay...an easy one then:

"Want some rye? 'Cos ya do!"

Danvzare

Amayirot Akago

Return to Zork, and it's "'course ya do!" ;)

Mandle

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Tue 11/04/2017 15:08:58
Return to Zork, and it's "'course ya do!" ;)

True on both counts!

Amayirot Akago

For the record, I find checking longplays on Youtube a good source for quotes myself ;)

Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

(and yes, the rest of this game is in English)

Mandle

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Wed 12/04/2017 08:37:50
For the record, I find checking longplays on Youtube a good source for quotes myself ;)

Are you speaking of Mostly Walking?

Amayirot Akago

I don't know what that is; by longplays I mean full-length playthroughs of games without commentary.

Given the lack of guesses so far I'll provide a hint: mute protagonist.

Danvzare

Amayirot Akago

No.

Hello! This is the part where I kill you.

Amayirot Akago

Not obvious enough, eh.

Hint: Sequel that added a multiplayer component in addition to singleplayer.

It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you MURDERED ME.

Mandle

Left For Dead?

Amayirot Akago

L4D has always been single- and multiplayer and its protagonists are anything but mute, so no.

"THIS. SENTENCE. IS. FALSE. Don'tthinkaboutit don'tthinkaboutit..."
"Um, 'true'? I'll go 'true'."

Babar

Oh right. This is Portal 2.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Amayirot Akago

Exactly right ;) Had to be careful with what quotes I picked since both Portal games are so immensely quotable you could probably recognize most lines right away.

Amayirot Akago

Well, unless Babar is gonna make a surprise return, I think someone else should probably take it unless you prefer the thread remain dead.

Babar

"There she is. One good kiss oughta do it."

SURPRISE!

Amayirot Akago

8-0 He's back!

Sounds like a Sleeping Beauty thing. Errr, Mixed Up Fairy Tales?

Babar

You're the second person to suggest Sleeping Beauty!
But wrong on both counts.

Mandle

brewton

Babar

Perhaps this will get you all closer on track:
You bend down to kiss her, but she squeals in terror and bolts into the privy.

Mandle

Sexual Harassment Simulator 2?

Danvzare

Amayirot Akago

Cassiebsg

Babar

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Fri 28/04/2017 15:24:12
Eric the Unready?
You got it!
And for the others... it was a pig.

Amayirot Akago

I had a feeling :D Something about the quotes felt familiar and then I remembered reading about that bit years ago.

Well, so as not to hold up the thread for too long (AGAIN), here's a relatively easy one:

"I'm filled with disgust and an odd sense of foreboding."
"Me too."

Mandle

Pretty sure that's Sam And Max!

Amayirot Akago

Mandle

Next quote then:

"Hello, bright eyes."

Riaise

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk