The Video Game Quote Game

Started by Amayirot Akago, Sun 05/03/2017 08:31:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Danvzare

Has there even been a Wizard of Oz game? ???

CaptainD

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 29/03/2017 12:36:43
Has there even been a Wizard of Oz game? ???

I was about to say my feeling is that this is a deliberate misnomer, but then the thought hit me...

Emerald City Confidential?

Kumpel

I think this is just a citation as it has been used in many media...
I could imagine Lucas Arts here.

Sam & Max?

Riaise

Mandle

No right guesses so far so:

"An instruction manual might help! Maybe a map! And I could use a sandwich. And a hot jukebox and a cold beer!"

CaptainD

Shot in the dark... Jack Keane?

Mandle

Nope...

Here's another quote:

"He's very tall. Or I'm very small. I wish I didn't keep thinking of the term 'Bite-size'. Please be friendly. I hope you're friendly. I'm certainly friendly. Let's all be friends."

CaptainD

Flight of the Amazon Queen?

Mandle

Naw...

Another quote:

"I don't care if you have to cut off my hand, just don't leave me to die here!"

Kumpel

Mandle

Nope

Another quote:

"Millions of years have passed since then. What once were pets or companions have followed their own evolutionary paths. They have become as beautiful or as terrible, as clever or as stupid as it was in them to be."

Danvzare

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
This does sound like a somewhat humorous type of game.

Mandle

Nope...

Another quote:

"Another one of these engraved sticks. What are they, wands, batons, bludgeons? Maybe some kind of hand held computer game. With my luck, it's a hand grenade."

Mandle

Bonus Quote:

"You just need a little something to make you complete, my friend.
How about a little alien explosive device?"

Amayirot Akago

Was waiting for someone else to get it, but screw it. It's The Dig. Giving my turn to whoever else wants it.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

CaptainD

The Dig?

Haha saw Amayirot posted while I was typing this!

Mandle

Finally!!!

I didn't expect The Dig for last more than an hour or so in this community! (laugh)

Over to you by the looks of it CaptainD.

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 31/03/2017 11:19:21
I didn't expect The Dig for last more than an hour or so in this community! (laugh)
Same here. Although maybe everyone here is like me, and hasn't gotten around to playing it yet. (laugh)

CaptainD

Okay here's one:

"If you're still alive, boy, you're under arrest."

Mandle

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 31/03/2017 11:58:39
Quote from: Mandle on Fri 31/03/2017 11:19:21
Same here. Although maybe everyone here is like me, and hasn't gotten around to playing it yet. (laugh)

Oh you really should... It's one of the greats! (Although I do agree with the critics on its not-so-great points, but I still think the strengths far outweigh the weaknesses.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk