The Video Game Quote Game

Started by Amayirot Akago, Sun 05/03/2017 08:31:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Okay...an easy one then:

"Want some rye? 'Cos ya do!"

Danvzare

Amayirot Akago

Return to Zork, and it's "'course ya do!" ;)
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mandle

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Tue 11/04/2017 15:08:58
Return to Zork, and it's "'course ya do!" ;)

True on both counts!

Amayirot Akago

For the record, I find checking longplays on Youtube a good source for quotes myself ;)

Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

(and yes, the rest of this game is in English)
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mandle

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Wed 12/04/2017 08:37:50
For the record, I find checking longplays on Youtube a good source for quotes myself ;)

Are you speaking of Mostly Walking?

Amayirot Akago

I don't know what that is; by longplays I mean full-length playthroughs of games without commentary.

Given the lack of guesses so far I'll provide a hint: mute protagonist.

Danvzare

Amayirot Akago

No.

Hello! This is the part where I kill you.

Amayirot Akago

Not obvious enough, eh.

Hint: Sequel that added a multiplayer component in addition to singleplayer.

It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you MURDERED ME.

Mandle

Left For Dead?

Amayirot Akago

L4D has always been single- and multiplayer and its protagonists are anything but mute, so no.

"THIS. SENTENCE. IS. FALSE. Don'tthinkaboutit don'tthinkaboutit..."
"Um, 'true'? I'll go 'true'."

Babar

Oh right. This is Portal 2.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Amayirot Akago

Exactly right ;) Had to be careful with what quotes I picked since both Portal games are so immensely quotable you could probably recognize most lines right away.

Amayirot Akago

Well, unless Babar is gonna make a surprise return, I think someone else should probably take it unless you prefer the thread remain dead.

Babar

"There she is. One good kiss oughta do it."

SURPRISE!

Amayirot Akago

8-0 He's back!

Sounds like a Sleeping Beauty thing. Errr, Mixed Up Fairy Tales?

Babar

You're the second person to suggest Sleeping Beauty!
But wrong on both counts.

Mandle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk