MODULE: JigsawModule 1.0 (for AGS 3.0+)

Started by GarageGothic, Fri 04/07/2008 22:50:50

Previous topic - Next topic

AGD2

Thanks for the offer, but it's alright now. The puzzle I needed to implement wasn't overly complex so I was able to script it from scratch.

As for the 3.2 compatible version: nothing comes to mind in terms of new features, aside from perhaps having the ability to alternatively pick up jigsaw puzzle pieces by single-clicking them and then single-clicking again to drop them (i.e. so that the mouse button doesn't need to be held when dragging them around).

selmiak

this is a great module.
But I found that you can only leave the puzzle room once the puzzle is completed. After that I run the Jigsaw.RemovePuzzle();  function to make the screen clickable again.
I tried using a gui (as hotspots under the puzzle are not clickable) and made a button to leave the puzzle minigame but i have to call the Jigsaw.RemovePuzzle();  function from the global script, where the button is defined and get an error:

Error: Null Pointer referenced

and the error message shows line 481 of the JigsawModule_100.asc
which is
if (jigsaw_draggedoverlay.Valid == true) jigsaw_draggedoverlay.Remove();

Well, it is possible to leave the puzzle while the puzzle is unsolved but then clicking on the screen has no effect, only GUIs accept clicks. Must be a z-order thing of the overlay. It doesn't matter where I call the Jigsaw.RemovePuzzle(); function I always gets this error except in room_RepExec() if (Jigsaw.GetPuzzleComplete()==true).

Julius Dangerous

daneeca

Hi!
I know it's a very old topic, but I hope somebody can help me. I use AGS 3.4.0.6 and the resolution is 1280x720. The co-ordinates are crazy now, because of hi-res. I know it's working if "Use low-resolution co-ordinates in script" is true in general settings, but I have a half-finished game and I don't want to re-create all former co-ordinates. It would be a too long and hard work. What can I do?
Thank you in advance for your help.

JudoFlash

I realize this thread is quite dormant, but does anyone have a link to this module?

Edit: I had bad forum etiquette and missed the sticky that has a list of all modules, and what to do if a link doesn't work (which it still doesn't but I've sent the appropriate IM now). Apologies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk