The "Black Stories" crime riddles thread

Started by Kumpel, Mon 13/03/2017 23:07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

dayowlron

Is Richard a real creature? (such as not a troll, dwarf, hobbit, elf or the like)
Does the type of creature Robert is have anything to do with how he got into the house?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Case #13 - Jessie was certain she was safe, but Richard got into the house and killed her anyway. What's going on and why was she so fatally wrong?

YES
Was Jessie a human?
Was Richard a sentient creature originating from planet earth?
Does the type of creature Robert is have anything to do with how he got into the house?

NO
Was Richard a human?
Was Richard a weather phenomenon? (No, but that could be a really cool riddle.)
Was Richard a zombie?
Was Richard an animal?
Was Richard a ghost?
was richard a plant?
was richard a mushroom?
Was Richard fictional? (I took this as meaning: was he a made up character in Jessie's mind)
Was Richard a robot or machine?
Is Richard a real creature? (such as not a troll, dwarf, hobbit, elf or the like)

dayowlron

So to clarify, Richard is something like a troll or dwarf or fictional character but not made up in Jessie's mind.

Can Richard change forms? such as werewolf or shape changing being.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Case #13 - Jessie was certain she was safe, but Richard got into the house and killed her anyway. What's going on and why was she so fatally wrong?

YES
Was Jessie a human?
So to clarify, Richard is something like a troll or dwarf or fictional character but not made up in Jessie's mind.

NO
Was Richard a human?
Was Richard a zombie?
Was Richard an animal?
Was Richard a ghost?
was richard a plant?
was richard a mushroom?
Was Richard fictional? (I took this as meaning: was he a made up character in Jessie's mind)
Was Richard an insect?

dayowlron

Did Richard get in through a natural opening in the house such as a doorway or window?
Is Richard small? say smaller than a bread basket?

Tabata

Did she think that vampires need to get an invitation to be able to enter the house?
Did she think that Richard, the reaper, won't find her where she hid?

CaptainD

Snarky

Does Richard have supernatural powers?
Is Richard corporeal (i.e. does he have a physical body) at all times?

Cassiebsg

Is Richard a ghost?

E: Oh, sorry.... sleeping here. Finally had a theory...  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

dayowlron

Cassie, that has already been asked and answered no

Kumpel

Is Richard an illness/bacteria/virus etc.?

Mandle

YES
Was Jessie a human?
Does the type of creature Robert is have anything to do with how he got into the house? (This "yes" might be misleading now that I look again. I meant that it has to do with the whole issue of entering the house, not the exact method of entry. Sorry if this was confusing.)
Did Richard get in through a natural opening in the house such as a doorway or window?
Did she think that vampires need to get an invitation to be able to enter the house?

NO
Was Richard a human?
Was Richard a zombie?
Was Richard an animal?
Was Richard a ghost?
was richard a plant?
was richard a mushroom?
Was Richard an insect?
Is Richard a: Troll? Dwarf? Elf?

Mandle

Tabata just coloured in a part of the picture, but not enough yet to see the whole story!

dayowlron

Did Jessie not know Richard was a vampire and Richard changed into a bat and fly in through an upstairs window she forgot to close?

Just looking at the what I wrote it can't be it cause you answered no to Can Richard change forms? so Richard can't be a vampire.

Snarky

Quote from: dayowlron on Fri 31/03/2017 02:27:39
you answered no to Can Richard change forms? so Richard can't be a vampire.

That doesn't quite follow.

Was Richard a vampire?
Had Richard been invited into the house before?
Was it Richard's house?

dayowlron

Well it does mean he cant change into a bat to fly in an upstairs window

Tabata

Quote from: dayowlron on Fri 31/03/2017 02:27:39
Did Jessie not know Richard was a vampire and Richard changed into a bat and fly in through an upstairs window she forgot to close?

Just looking at the what I wrote it can't be it cause you answered no to Can Richard change forms? so Richard can't be a vampire.
Jepp - I stumbeled over it after I posted mine, too. (wtf)
Maybe it was a misunderstanding and Richard can change (is able to do so) but didn't?

Mandle

YES
Was Jessie a human?
Does the type of creature Robert is have anything to do with how he got into the house? (This "yes" might be misleading now that I look again. I meant that it has to do with the whole issue of entering the house, not the exact method of entry. Sorry if this was confusing.)
Was Richard a vampire?
Was it Richard's house?

NO
Was Richard a human?
Was Richard a zombie?
Was Richard an animal?
Was Richard a ghost?
was richard a plant?
was richard a mushroom?
Was Richard an insect?
Is Richard a: Troll? Dwarf? Elf?
Had Richard been invited into the house before? (At least not in any way that makes a difference to this story)

Mandle

Snarky fills in another big part of the picture, but a few points are still in need of clarity:

* Why was Jessie in Richard's house?
* Why was she hiding?

Also, vampire legends and stories often have a mixed bag of powers and weaknesses for the bloodsuckers. The type of vampire that can change into a bat is rarely used these days. I can't really think of one recent movie or book where the vampires can change into bats (well, Bram Stoker's Dracula (the movie), but even then he changed into a kind of bat-demon thing with a human size). I think the puff-of-smoke-and-suddenly-he's-a-bat kind of vampire died out in the modern genre just because it's, well, kind of silly and campy. In this story's universe, following the modern vampire lore, the vampires cannot turn into bats.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk