The "Black Stories" crime riddles thread

Started by Kumpel, Mon 13/03/2017 23:07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Were Colin and Brian actors in a scene where Colin stabbed Brian to death?

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 30/03/2017 12:29:42

Damn you Mandle.  (Although, in retrospect, I was concerned that part may be a bit too obvious.)

However, that's not the full solution.  ;)

YES

NO

Mandle

Did Colin have a solid alibi for when Brian was murdered?
Was Colin also killed and thus couldn't be considered a suspect?

CaptainD

Case #12 - Many people see Colin stabbing Brian to death.  Brian's body is recovered nearby one week later, evidently having been stabbed to death, but Colin is not even considered a suspect.  Why?

YES
Did Colin have a solid alibi for when Brian was murdered?
Was Colin also killed and thus couldn't be considered a suspect?

YES YES
I HATE YOU  :-D

NO

Snarky

Haha! Didn't see the new page, and was just about to post: "Brian and Colin are actors, and Colin has a rock-solid alibi (maybe he's also dead, for example)?" 8-)

From earlier:

Quote from: Kumpel on Wed 29/03/2017 13:19:55
Fantastic case! And the process of solving it was really entertaining. That's why I love the game's concept :D

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 29/03/2017 15:17:26
Snarky, that was a really fun round, and also an excellent example of how to build a really strong mystery that is both fun and complex to solve...

I have been taking notes!

Thanks! It's hard to tell as the "DM" whether it's working or not.

CaptainD

I think you've solved it thoroughly enough for the full solution to be put up.  Sorry it didn't offer more of a challenge!  :-[

Brian and Colin are actors.  In the play they're appearing in, Colin stabs Brian to death in one scene.   One week later Brian is found dead, having been stabbed for real in a mugging gone wrong â€" when he is found, time of death is put at just a few hours ago.  Colin is not even considered a suspect because he died of a heart attack the day after the performance.

dayowlron

Dang, I missed another opportunity cause I didnt check this thread. Oh well I dont have a case in mind right now anyways I will forfeit that one.
I think it should be Mandle's turn now
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 30/03/2017 12:44:42
Sorry it didn't offer more of a challenge!  :-[

Like Snarky just said: as DM it's always hard to tell ahead of time what will be a challenge and what will just be obvious...

I thought my Black Hole riddle was really thinking outside the box and that it would take ages to get it... But...nope...totally busted!

I'm gonna try to create a really intricate one now that runs like the finest clockwork, but it will probably end up just being another digital watch...

Mandle

Case #13 - Jessie was certain she was safe, but Richard got into the house and killed her anyway. What's going on and why was she so fatally wrong?

YES

NO

CaptainD

Was Jessie a human?
Was Richard a human?

Mandle

Case #13 - Jessie was certain she was safe, but Richard got into the house and killed her anyway. What's going on and why was she so fatally wrong?

YES
Was Jessie a human?

NO
Was Richard a human?

Snarky

dayowlron

Was Richard a zombie?
Was Richard an animal?
Was Richard a ghost?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

YES
Was Jessie a human?

NO
Was Richard a human?
Was Richard a weather phenomenon? (No, but that could be a really cool riddle.)
Was Richard a zombie?
Was Richard an animal?
Was Richard a ghost?

Mandle

Also, at this point in the thread:

Maybe we should make a maximum questions per update rule?

I think 3 questions per update is fair.

In any case I will be enforcing this rule for this round as a test, so please don't ask more than 3 questions until the next update or all further questions will be ignored.

So maybe don't blow all your questions in one post as something someone else mentioned might spark your brain and then you wished you had another question left to ask...

Sorry to sound like a rule Nazi but all games must have structure.

CaptainD

Was Richard a sentient creature originating from planet earth?

Mandle

YES
Was Jessie a human?

NO
Was Richard a human?
Was Richard a zombie?
Was Richard an animal?
Was Richard a ghost?

selmiak

was richard a plant?
was richard a mushroom?
Was Richard fictional?

Mandle

YES
Was Jessie a human?

NO
Was Richard a human?
Was Richard a zombie?
Was Richard an animal?
Was Richard a ghost?
was richard a plant?
was richard a mushroom?
Was Richard fictional?

Snarky

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk