Fun, Sun & Mishaps

Started by amanta4ray, Wed 21/06/2017 16:07:48

Previous topic - Next topic

amanta4ray

A light-hearted comedy about a girl, an island and a vacation gone wrong. That is, until you meet someone you think has the answer to all your problems. But, is his solution all it's cracked up to be, or is something else going on behind that smile?

Find out as you scour a tropical island in search of a way to salvage your ill-fated vacation. Along the way, you will meet many interesting characters, some of whom, might need a little more convincing than others. But, no matter who or what you encounter, it will always be an adventure in......

Fun, Sun & Mishaps

Download links:
              https://amanta4ray.itch.io/fun-sun-mishaps
              http://www.mediafire.com/file/lachwc2guvq95cm/Fun%2C_Sun_and_Mishaps.zip

arj0n

Ah, a new one after The Treasured Medallion :)

josiah1221

Sweet! I always enjoy your adventures Anne, congrats on a new release! I look forward to playing it soon :)

Shadow1000

Quote from: arj0n on Wed 21/06/2017 19:35:16

...not to mention Echoes of the Past and Tarthenia, both awesome games. The art style is different but looks gorgeous and polished nonetheless. I can't wait to play...

Mandle

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 22/06/2017 03:42:33

...not to mention Echoes of the Past and Tarthenia, both awesome games. The art style is different but looks gorgeous and polished nonetheless. I can't wait to play...

I'm also a big fan of all your games! Can't wait to try out this new one!

amanta4ray

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 22/06/2017 03:42:33

Thanks guys...I appreciate that!!  For the graphic style, I wanted it to be a little more like Runaway, so I decided to make my own graphics via Anime Studio.  It was a little more time consuming than Poser, but it has a better look for what I want, especially after I got the hang of using a 2D program versus a 3D one.

Shadow1000

My comments after finishing the game:

Overall, I absolutely loved playing this game. In many aspects it's everything a point and click adventure should be. The graphics and effects are very polished. Probably the strongest point is the puzzles. There is a wonderful balance and variety of well-designed puzzles ranging from some classics to some creative twists. The difficulty level is excellent. I found myself only needing to resort to help very few times compared to the huge number of puzzles in the game.

The size of the game in terms of number of rooms is very good. I found that there are enough rooms that you get to enjoy some exploring (which I happen to like) yet not so many that you feel lost. The map used for navigating is a nice touch.

The only point I would suggest changing:
Spoiler
Although there is a plot in the game, there is too much of the game spent on a complete-the-checklist quest without the plot developing. I like to see plot development paced with progress in the game. The puzzles were strong enough to outweigh this but it might be something to consider
[close]

Some small points:
- AS I pointed out in the past games, you mean "could have", "should have" rather than "could/should of".
- You may want to post a warning in the download page or announcement stating that the game contains sexual references and jokes that may not be suited for younger players.

Just some things to consider!

Otherwise, the game is an outstanding job, worthy of joining the other titles you released.

Well done!

SHADOW

amanta4ray

Thank-you Shadow for your great comments regarding the game.  I appreciate all the help you give and I will try to implement those in the next one.

Anne

inwaterinair

Thanks a lot for this game, Anne, I really enjoyed playing it - up until now, I seem to be stuck :( I can't find a way to enter the gps-coordinates into the gps device... I've tried everything I could imagine, now I gave up. Could someone please give me a hint??

amanta4ray

Here's a little hint in the right direction....entering the numbers requires using your keyboard and hitting enter.

Spoiler
You need the correct numbers to input, but first you need to reveal them on the paper on the desk.  Use the pencil on the paper, then
enter them exactly as is written.
[close]

If you are still stuck, here are the numbers:

Spoiler
19.8968N goes in Longitude 157.5828W goes in Latitude.
[close]

Mandle

Found some time to give the game a try.... Been lookin' forward to this for weeks!

Mandle

I just finished the game and it was awesome!!!

I really liked the cartoon style for the story, perhaps better than your usual 3D style... Everything felt more consistant for me this way, and the style really suits the light-hearted feel of the game.

Only two places I got a bit stuck that I felt were perhaps the game's fault more than mine:

Spoiler

I never found the "Behind the shop" area no matter how many times I revistited that screen... Perhaps if the hotspot for it was quite a bit bigger people might notice it more?

The painting numbers: The 2, 5, and 7 and fine, but in the top-right eye there is a circle that is just about as black as the numbers and also seems to have a tail coming off it... so it appears that it could be either 0, 6, or 9 and this adds just waaaaay too many more possible combinations to try.

I would suggest changing the drawing of the eye completely so it can't be mistaken for a hidden number...
[close]

Lovely game with so much to do, and rarely a lost moment of "what do I do now?!" in the pacing...

And a chance of a sequel with the ending... ;)

amanta4ray

I'm glad you liked it...I wanted to try something a little different.  Will take a look at your suggestions...they shouldn't be too difficult to change.

Creamy

Finished it too.

Here are some impressions.

About the plot
Spoiler
Entertaining story. I was under the impression that it couldn't settle for a tone :

The beginning is quite dramatical. Confronted with the loss of your luggage and purse, how will you manage? Then it quickly turns into a laid-back fetch quest to win a trip. Deliciously absurd encounters with talking animals ensue. Finally, the plot takes another dire turn.

It reflects in the design of the animals and people. Some are realistic, others more cartoony.
[close]

About the puzzles
Spoiler
I've enjoyed the mini-games and varied puzzles. They felt a little stiff at times though. Requiring the player to solve puzzles in a precise way is something usual in adventure games. Yet, it's unfair when other obvious solutions exist. A few instances : why pick up weeds in one precise spot when the whole island is covered with vegetation? Why can't I inflate the balloon myself, or ask the tiki who blows bubbles, or use the gas tank in the sports shop? This prescriptive impression could probably be reduced by the addition of appropriate feedback. I've never been a supporter of randomized answers that don't help the player and quickly become irritating.
[close]

Technically
Spoiler
The graphics are stunning. Lovely backgrounds and chara-design. It's a pleasure to wander through the many locations. The talking animations are a nice touch.

Solid coding too.
[close]

Good game overall. It's clear a lot of efforts went into it. I'd love to meet Brandy again :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk