Neofeud

Started by SilverSpook, Sat 25/03/2017 19:30:36

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

Neofeud is coming to Steam this Tuesday!

I will be throwing a little release party thing around 4 PM EST on Tuesday, so do stop by if you can!

EDIT:

In addition, there will be a Neofeud Launch Party Livestream happening at 4 PM EST. If you'd like to stop by and ask myself and the Neofeud voice actors some questions, feel free to drop in! Livestream Link

SilverSpook

Neofeud Is On Steam!!!

AND IT's ON SALE RIGHT NOW!

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR STOP READING THIS!!???##%!#

[/url]

Cassiebsg

Congrats on getting to Steam. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Congratulations, great to see you made it! ;-D

SilverSpook

Thanks guys! The good news is the response has been magnitudes greater than the initial Itch.io release. I think I have requests for Neofeud keys for review from about 40 different countries at this point!

To that end, would anyone be interested in doing some AGS community translations? I have never done a translation before, although I have finally figured out how to get a .TRS file of the game.

If anyone is interested please let me know, as I barely remember any of the Spanish and Japanese I took in college, let alone Polish, German, Italian, Korean, French... and countless others!  Thanks in advance. :)

Click'd

Non-professional translations might hurt your game more than they help. Just out of interest, how many lines of text are we talking about?

SilverSpook

I think it's around 76,000 words for Neofeud.

Click'd

That's a lot. I could proofread, but I don't think I'm good enough to translate (and make it sound great) myself.

m0ds

Stupot

I think it's still the case that AGS can't handle Chinese, Japanese and Korean characters. You could still translate them using roman script and hope the players can read it.

SilverSpook

Lol, thanks Mark! But we have to admit, alhough Keanu Reeves and I are both Hawaiians who wear shades for no good reason, I am the cooler of the two, lol. I actually know Keanu Reeves' aunt, who is from Hawaii and is actually a Catholic nun believe it or not. His cousin was also a competitive surfer around here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5E0VVnrSYU

Neofeud release party!

Including Q and A, a "Gamedev while Married" segment, featuring Mrs. Silver Spook, and myself in my kingly robe (my blanket) and a royal crown (Burger King Hat).  Some never-before seen, pre-alpha versions of a game I'd just made in the last day called "Throne Games" where you play one of the royal families and must win the golden throne.  It's a Neofeud card game that's coming to Steam someday! (don't tell anyone but it's basically fancy blackjack lol, although I do hope to have trading cards on Steam eventually!)

Also, thanks Stupot for the info!

alphadalekben

Here's the Drunken Monkey video, as I've previously mentioned.

DMG Video

I'm not sure how to create it as a proper video rather than a link, so that's that unless I'm admined to death.

SilverSpook

Thanks for getting in touch with your friend to the video, alphadalekben!  I did see the video on Twitter and shared it around.

Blondbraid

I just bought Neofeud off Steam, it will be exciting to finally play it after following the development for so long! ;-D

SilverSpook

Yeah, you should get a special achievement, "Best Neofeudal Subject" or something, Blondbraid!  Thanks so much for buying Neofeud and I hope you like it!

SilverSpook

Silver Spook Live - I discuss Neofeud's release week, talk about sales and reception, and continue working on Dysmaton! (Drawing seascrapers and vaguely whale-like creatures!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbEbdgeqiog

LimpingFish

Congratulations on the release.

As moderator, could I ask that you ease up on the double (and in some place triple, quadruple...and quintuple?) posting?

Thanks. :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

alphadalekben

Quick little update on my end.

My friend from Drunk Monkey Gaming (hopefully, that's correct) is planning a couple more videos in the near future, possibly in the same vein as the previous one.

SilverSpook

That's cool, alphadalekben! I think I'm following him now, but feel free to post or otherwise let me know if / when he does some more Neofeud videos.

Here's some of the recent critical feedback on Neofeud:

QuoteA Diamond Of Storytelling In The Scrap Pile

"When I play a game, I play to be compelled or immersed in some way. The game has to dig its claws in and drag me in. Walking away has to be difficult or that's exactly what I'll do. Neofeud grabbed me in just that way through its gripping mastery of storytelling, akin to how last I binged on episodes of Game of Thrones.

Neofeud is a point-and-click game set in a sci-fi dystopia borne of the minds of every prominent science fiction writer from the past century, from H.R. Giger to Ridley Scott. The result is a disturbing yet strangly familiar dystopian society in which social inequality is systemic, the top one percent have their own one percent, and the birth of A.I has resulted in a massive population of unemployed sentient robots. Sound interesting? We're only just dipping our toes.

Beginning by introducing the main character of the story, an ex-cop and currently social worker named Karl Carbon, the story of Neofeud quickly explodes into a story rife with pseudoscience and more twists than an M. Night Shamylan movie. As a single conspiracy unfolds, others follow, creating a story layered so deep that by the halfway mark of Neofeud's potential 15-hour game time I found myself questioning characters motives even more than the main character of the game itself.

Past endless conspiracies and a spiraling story, the characters of Neofeud are developed so much more than characters in nearly any other game I've recently played. Karl and the cast that he interacts with are human to a tee. Interactions with them are immersive and real, a necessity when a majority of the game is dialogue."

Sprites And Dice

Quote"This is an ambitious, atmospheric cyberpunk scenario and essentially the work of a single person (voice acting excluded). Oh, and it might also be one of the best adventure games I have played in a while, so there's that."
Granted, a lot of this is "just" good cyberpunk in the vein of Gibson, Dick, and Stephenson. However, the world building is something else. It has a thickness, a density to it. Almost every line of the game's technobabble fleshes out the game world some more. If that's your thing, the game is immensely enjoyable."

Indie Games

Quote"I did not know what to expect going into Neofeud, but I came out excited to see what's next for Silver Spook Games. The game has more than the surface indicates, which I loved. It offers social commentary, much like its many influences, but successfully stands on its own.
In the end, the art, gameplay, music and story come together to deliver a solid game. Check it out if you are looking for something different and cerebral."

Indie Ranger

And finally, here's an interview I did for Indiegraze.

SilverSpook

Hey guys! I've just released the first Neofeud update that implements a ton of fixes! Here's the full rundown from the Steam page:

"Hey cyberpunks, humanoids, Neofeudal lords and ladies!

Thanks for your support of Neofeud! In response to your feedback, I've fixed and patched up several of Neofeud's important issues. This latest update should smooth out and make for a better overall game experience.

To try out this update beta, simply:

1.) Right click on "Neofeud" in your Steam Library.
2.) Click on "Properties".
3.) Click on the "Betas" tab.
4.) Chose to opt in to the beta in the drop-down box.

I would greatly appreciate feedback on this update, so that I can ensure it improves the game for all systems and is stable. Help me make Neofeud the best game it can be!

Bug Fixes

- The Arcade Fight scene is now clearer, and less unnecessarily difficult and confusing. Getting away from the bar is simpler, and there's more time to handle the escape when being shot at by the SWAT behind the Kill Machine arcade game.

-Fixed the bug where you would get stuck in the arm screen if you use it during fight with Talos.

-Fixed bug where in the elevator (when you are with the security guards), if you click out of the elevator through the exit option, you could get stuck, and have to reload a previous save state to get out of it.

-Can no longer save the game from the start menu which would overwrite your progress.

-Fixed error message in High City, after 'giant spider area' 'in "room42.asc", line 326 Error:Face Character: characters are in different rooms'

-Fixed issue where 'firing your big object' in the High City office at the wrong time caused problems.

-Fixed issue where, while following the robot girl, if you get out of range before she appears, the game will crash trying to load two savestates at the same time

-Various typos cleaned, bugs squashed, wrinkles ironed.

Thanks for all of your support and help!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk