Steam Achievements (For developers with games on Steam) [SOLVED]

Started by Stranga, Tue 28/03/2017 12:08:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Stranga

Hello all,

This topic is really for people who have their AGS games on steam that use Achievements.

My questions is How the hell do you guys do it? I'm using monkey0506's agsssteam.dll and have followed the instructions on his post here:https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=44712.0
I have tried and keep obtaining the same error
Code: ags
Script link failed: Runtime error: unresolved import 'AGS2Client::IsAchievementAchieved^1'

I'm not too sure what this means but I have tested the game with an app build I have on steam through a testing branch but still no success.

If anyone can help, It would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT

Not sure if this is a fix or not, but I managed to fix the problem by adding the AGSteam.dll and steam_api.dll to the debug and compiled folder. I added these with the contents in the steam app build.

This may or may not help someone.

Mandle

I honestly have no idea but could it be the double :: I wonder?

That could just be a part of the syntax for all I know, but it just looked weird to me.

Stranga

Thanks for the reply. That is the error message that pops up sorry. I put in in a code bracket to make it stand out.

Khris

Here's what I did:

- downloaded AGSteam.dll and steam_api.dll, moved them to the folder that contains AGSEditor.exe
- Opened the editor, loaded a game.
- opened the Plugin node of the project tree, right-clicked AGSteam, checked "Use this plugin"
- added AGS2Client.SetAchievementAchieved("Hello"); to a room function, auto-complete picked up the command
- compiled the game
- ran the game from Windows folder

To debug the game (F5 in editor) I copied steam_api.dll to the _Debug folder.

Can you tell us if the above works for you or when exactly you got the error you mentioned?

Stranga

Thanks for the reply Khris. I'm trying this method now. Will get back to you shortly.

Stranga

IT WORKS! Thank you Khris! What I did was made a test build with a simple room function (e.g interact with an object.). And It just worked. It was strange because I had a function where you combined 2 items and it didn't work. But I changed the function and it just worked for some reason.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk