Reality v0.1 Bug Reports

Started by Mandle, Sat 01/04/2017 09:24:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Has anyone had an experience in real life that they would report as a bug if it happened while they were testing a game?

I had a very weird one the other day:

I was sitting with a student and we were playing an english learning game on the school computer.

I had my right hand on the mouse and the student, sitting on my right, had her right hand on the table close to mine, as we were switching the mouse back and forth to play the game.

I could see both our hands in my peripheral vision, and I guess my mind confused whose hand belonged to who. My mind thought the closer hand was mine and the farther away hand was hers.

At this point I tried to use the mouse and couldn't move my hand. I looked over immediately at my hand, because it was a very disturbing feeling to not be able to move my hand, and that's when I saw that her hand was the closer one which my mind had assumed was mine, as things are blurry in our peripheral vision.

She had moved her hand from the right of mine, through under my arm, and had put it on the table to the left of my hand without me noticing.

I tried to move my hand again but couldn't, which now escalated from a disturbing feeling to a downright scary one.

After a second or two of focusing on the situation, and realizing I had mistaken which hand belonged to who, I could suddenly use my hand again.

I've had similar scary feelings upon just awakening and not remembering where I am, what time or even what day it is, and even sometimes who I am, but I know that's just a normal phase of regaining conciousness before the sleep cycle has properly ended and I'm not operating with my full waking brain yet. Hmmmm, probably also worth a bug report...

But I've never experienced the same feeling while fully awake during the entire experience before.

It was a very scary feeling of dislocation and therefore I would like to report it here as a jarring bug in Reality v0.1!

Anybody else got any bugs to report?

Creamy

Mandle, you should consider buying one of these :

Spoiler
[close]

I'd like to report a save game bug that occurred to me a few days ago,

I drove out to the supermarket. After shopping, the game misplaced my car when I re-entered the parking lot area. I couldn't find it until minutes later.

Gurok

The washing machine implementation is STILL buggy. I put two socks in, and sometimes I get a pair back, sometimes I don't.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

mkennedy

What about when ever you make a mistake or do something wrong and you instinctively think undo but then you realize that this is real life and not a computer and that there is no undo option. Does that count?

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

I'd also like to report the inconsistant timer Reality v0.01 seems to have:

It runs much faster when a MAGS deadline is approaching!

Cassiebsg

Or when you're at work, it snails through the day.  8-0
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk