Antivirus Problems: "Error: Access is denied"

Started by EnoRed, Sat 08/04/2017 13:54:31

Previous topic - Next topic

EnoRed

I've been trying to run an AGS project, but I'm having some problems that appear to be linked to my antivirus software. The game doesn't open and I get this message:

QuoteError: Access is denied
Version: AGS 3.4.0.16

System.Exception: Access is denied ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied
   at AGS.Editor.Tasks.RunEXEFile(String exeName, String parameter, Boolean raiseEventOnExit)
   at AGS.Editor.Tasks.TestGame(Boolean withDebugger)
   at AGS.Editor.InteractiveTasks.TestGame(Boolean withDebugger)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at AGS.Editor.InteractiveTasks.TestGame(Boolean withDebugger)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.BuildCommandsComponent.TestGame(Boolean withDebugger)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.BuildCommandsComponent.CommandClick(String controlID)
   at AGS.Editor.ToolBarManager.ToolbarEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at AGS.Editor.ToolStripExtended.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'm using Avast. Temporarily deactivating it makes AGS run the project normally, so it definitely seems to be the problem. I've tried making exceptions for the AGS folder and the folder for the project itself, but I still get the same error. Is there a way of getting my antivirus to work around it, or do I need to deactivate it every time I want to run a preview of a project?

Crimson Wizard

This was discussed for so many times already.
For example, recent one: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54440.0

I will recite myself: we need to find out which file exactly does it take for infected/dangerous (AGSEditor, acwin.exe, game exe), and why. Sending false positive report to Avast may be a good start. Asking Avast developers/tech support may be a good idea too.
I do not have Avast, so I would need to install it first and run some tests to see it for myself.

EnoRed

I'm sorry, I searched for help with AGS and Avast through Google and I didn't find the topic you linked or any that seemed to match this issue.

I did manage to change some settings and get Avast to make exceptions, so this doesn't appear to be a problem anymore. Sorry about the bother.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: EnoRed on Sat 08/04/2017 15:41:26
I did manage to change some settings and get Avast to make exceptions, so this doesn't appear to be a problem anymore. Sorry about the bother.

No, that's not about the bother... These Avast reports are becoming pretty annoying actually, and it would be good to get to the bottom of the problem.
But I do not have much free time to spare at the moment, so I was wondering if someone else could look into this instead.

abstauber

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk