AGS 3.4.1 - RC 3 (new release candidate)

Started by Crimson Wizard, Sun 09/04/2017 22:02:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Mehrdad on Fri 26/05/2017 12:55:44
OK. Name of sound is 'EGO1.wav'  . It was in Speech folder . When I put it again I have same error and when I remove it works fine . My code is:

IDK, the code and everything looks fine, unless I miss something.
Could you send me this file? Maybe there is something wrong with it...

Another question, how many files in total do you have in the Speech folder? And how large is the folder (in megabytes)? You can check this withing folder properties in Windows Explorer.

Mehrdad

My game is so large and sorry I can't send it for you. But I sent a PM as EGO1.wav for you .

Speech folder is complete empty.
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Mehrdad on Fri 26/05/2017 13:20:31
Speech folder is complete empty.

... this is news to me. So you do not have any speech in your game except for 1 file that was left there by mistake?

Mehrdad

I made a build exe and after that play game works without that message . It seems OK now .
Another problem :  On another computer I did this way and work too but after close AGS and open that it doesn't open my project at all and say path is incorrect !!! . I only have this problem on one computer.   

Crimson Wizard

Regarding the speech file. I tested with it and had no error, sadly, so I have no way to find error fast.

I was investigating the code during the course of the last two days, and I found couple of things that MAY cause similar error if you are very unlucky. I am currently making program a bit safer, but that's just a blind shot from me this time.

Quote from: Mehrdad on Mon 29/05/2017 12:26:28
Another problem :  On another computer I did this way and work too but after close AGS and open that it doesn't open my project at all and say path is incorrect !!!
Can you show full message? There was a mistake related to custom save paths in Default Setup, but I tink I fixed them. Depends on what version of editor you are using.

Crimson Wizard

By the way, can someone confirm that speech is not playing in 3.4.1? I've seem to find a bug that makes engine look into wrong place for speech file.

Mehrdad

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 29/05/2017 14:45:58
Quote from: Mehrdad on Mon 29/05/2017 12:26:28
Another problem :  On another computer I did this way and work too but after close AGS and open that it doesn't open my project at all and say path is incorrect !!!
Can you show full message? There was a mistake related to custom save paths in Default Setup, but I tink I fixed them. Depends on what version of editor you are using.

Sorry for late answer . Here you are :

Crimson Wizard

I think that's the one I fixed additionally, and reuploaded the version.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54681.msg636561499#msg636561499

If you installed 3.4.1 before that day, can you try downloading editor again?

Mehrdad

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 31/05/2017 13:20:51
I think that's the one I fixed additionally, and reuploaded the version.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54681.msg636561499#msg636561499

If you installed 3.4.1 before that day, can you try downloading editor again?

OK. I overwrite 3.4.1 zip file and problem solved
I always get installer instead zip file and both was 3.4.1 beta4 . Maybe you edit installer version a few minutes after get me.

Crimson Wizard

AGS 3.4.1 Beta 5
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/releases/betas/AGS-3.4.1-Beta5/AGS-3.4.1-beta-5.zip
(also updated first post)

Changes since Beta 4:

Common features:
- Removed limit on the length of names of Room hotspots and objects.
- Removed limit on the length of names of all event handlers.

Editor:
- Fixed Default Setup did not save correct software driver ID to config.
- Few improvements to the game compilation made in hope to reduce occasional data corruption.

Engine
- Partial support for plugins drawing on screen for hardware-accelerated renderers (Direct3D, OpenGL). Added with suggestions from Scorpiorus.
   Now plugins like Rain/snow plugin by Scorpiorus should work with D3D and OpenGL.
- Fixed making screenshots with D3D always used "scale sprites in native resolution" mode, instead of referring to actual renderer mode.
- Fixed voice file could not be found.

Mehrdad

Thanks a lot CW . Great update!!!. It's very good news for plugins Rain/snow and so on.

Crimson Wizard

Uhhhh... looks like voice-over is still not completely fixed, Beta 5 does not play (cannot find) voice files if they are not WAVE (ogg or mp3). I will make another update soon.

Dave Gilbert

Bit slow on testing this. I wanted to get a playable build for testers before breaking things with the new version! Will be trying it out soon. Can't wait to see what OpenGL is like.

Dave Gilbert

Sorry for the double post. Just wanna say that OpenGL (so far) works BEAUTIFULLY.

Pressing Alt-enter moves the game seamlessly in and out of windowed mode. It feels like a modern game now! EXCELLENT work!!

Alt-tabbing from fullscreen mode also works nice, but the game's music infinitely stutters until I re-select the game. Then it plays normally.

Another thing that makes me happy: THE STEAM OVERLAY WORKS PERFECTLY IN FULLSCREEN MODE!!

Would it be at all possible to move the game in and out of windowed mode via SCRIPT? That way I can add "switch to windowed mode" in the game's option menu? That would put me over the moon.

Anyway, I haven't done a detailed playthrough of my game yet but so far I am very very happy. Again, awesome work.

Snarky

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Wed 14/06/2017 21:04:47
Alt-tabbing from fullscreen mode also works nice, but the game's music infinitely stutters until I re-select the game. Then it plays normally.

There's a game setting somewhere for "run loops in background" or something like that, which usually controls whether the game runs when not in focus. Have you tried that?

Crimson Wizard

Would it be at all possible to move the game in and out of windowed mode via SCRIPT? That way I can add "switch to windowed mode" in the game's option menu? That would put me over the moon.

A long while ago there were plans to make new set of script commands to change display settings, but I forgot about it since not really willing to do much work on AGS. But switching mechanic can be triggered by any event, so that should be trivial to add script command for this individual setting.

I am thinking about maybe using System.Windowed for now, since such property already exists (read-only). Later someone could even make script properties for other display parameters if want.

One note I need to make though, when Nick Sonneveld introduced windowed/fs switch for OSX port, he created separate mode changing method which has no ties to other parts of the engine. So it won't work on OSX until someone makes command "transition" to the OSX specific part of the engine code.

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Snarky on Wed 14/06/2017 21:28:32

There's a game setting somewhere for "run loops in background" or something like that, which usually controls whether the game runs when not in focus. Have you tried that?

I can't seem to find this. There's a "run loops in background while dialog options are displayed" option, which is set to true, but I assume that's not what you are referring to.

This didn't happen to me, but one of my testers told me that the game's dialog text started to zoom by at a very fast speed after alt-tabbing.

NicolaGs

I think what you're looking for may be SetMultitaskingMode.
My first game : I Want Out!

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: NicolaGs on Wed 14/06/2017 22:01:42
I think what you're looking for may be SetMultitaskingMode.

Yes this worked. I set it to 1 and the music continued to play. If it's set to 0 (the default) the music and sound stutters.

QuoteBut switching mechanic can be triggered by any event, so that should be trivial to add script command for this individual setting.

Awesome. 8-)

Dave Gilbert

Did a bit more testing. I noticed that alt-enter does NOT work when a dialog menu is on the screen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk