Author Topic: Where are the Savegame files in the latest version of AGS?  (Read 650 times)

Hi, I'm trying to find the savegame files in the latest version of AGS but I'm having some trouble.  I've checked the AGS folder, user folder, documents, etc...  Where are the savegame files located exactly?  Thanks.

Default location is

%USERPROFILE%/Saved Games/

You may use this string directly in Windows explorer, regardless of Windows version. Then find folder named after your game.

Alternatively, a user may set up custom location in winsetup's advanced settings. If they do, it may be anything.
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2017, 07:51 by Crimson Wizard »

Alternatively, a user may set up custom location in winsetup's advanced settings.
I know it's an old topic, but I'd like to continue it further - what if the game has no such setting?
Is there any command line parameter that can control it instead (e.g. game.exe - savedpath="c:\test\")?

« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2019, 10:08 by bugmenot »

bugmenot, this does not only depend on a game but also on the version of AGS it was made with.

Judging on your screenshot the game was made with AGS 3.3.0 when custom savegame path was not supported.

The only thing that can control savegame location in this situation is game own setting, but it is still restricted to "%USERPROFILE%/Saved Games/", and may only change the subfolder.

Are you looking to find where saves are stored or trying to change their location?

Judging on your screenshot the game was made with AGS 3.3.0 when custom savegame path was not supported.
But in newer versions, is there a command line parameter for this?
Are you looking to find where saves are stored or trying to change their location?
The latter.

But in newer versions, is there a command line parameter for this?

Not a command line parameter, but a setting in config, which you may change either from winsetup or by hand in acsetup.cfg.

If you want to run someone else's game with a newer engine you may copy acwin.exe from the recent stable AGS version (3.4.3 now) into the game's folder and run "acwin.exe --setup" from command line. That will launch new setup program. Afterwards just run acwin.exe instead of the game's own exe.
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2019, 13:13 by Crimson Wizard »